[2.2?] Tempest Counter Duelist - HC budget build.

"
MockinMan wrote:
"
IamThomy wrote:
R.i.p at 76

Dat RIP was so saddaning for me(( Feeling you get when someone's dying with your build.. Glad you liked playing it!

"
Looks really nice. What about clear speed?

Hmm.. I have a video at the start of a guide with some cuts from maps running. Compared to 2h and dual dualists I had earlier it's a bit slower, but just a bit. Molten Strike isn't the best skill for clearing maps, but you're dealing quite decent damage vs solo/small groups. Weak enemies die just by hitting you.
In short, it has medium clearing speed :D But you're doing it safely.

"
XRacKS wrote:
i would like to have your thoughts but im playing warbands so i dont know aobut if it would be viable in hc :)

I like the design of your guide :O
First thoughts and questions:
- won't AA interrupt with your counter-attack skills?
- does Riposte work without dual-wield?
- I don't see Defence stats screen, it's interesting for me what numbers you have with Iron Reflexes;
- aaand I think that for a single-target skill frenzy has quite low dps..

Heyho,
- AA as far as i noticed works fine with the build it seems when i forget to turn it on im squishier than before ^^
- yep riposte is working :)
- mb i can post def stats tonight
- yep the single target dps is a problem im working on (currently trying another concept templar) but i got something in the back of my head... ^^

problem is my concept itself:
the goal is/was to create a beginner guide for around 10c which is a viable malee mapper which only needs like 3clicks... the goal is reached but i also know that the clearspeed isnt that great. but mb ill try to use blooddancers and blood range and swap to incecrush but then i would loose killspeed on bosses :D

otherwise i just can recommend watching the alc pit map video of mine... the boss fight in the pit is imo just epic... :D

EDIT:
def screenshot
Last edited by XRacKS on Aug 6, 2015, 1:06:28 PM
Hi I started trying out your build yesterday on HC, currently at level 33 and I'm enjoying it so far, I have a question about the shield, could I use Crest of Perandus for this build?
Last edited by B1azko on Aug 6, 2015, 3:03:16 PM
"
B1azko wrote:
Hi I started trying out your build yesterday on HC, currently at level 33 and I'm enjoying it so far, I have a question about the shield, could I use Crest of Perandus for this build?

Hello where! Crest of Perandus would be good starting item and nice for leveling. For late game it lacks good defences.
P.s. I'm glad you like it)) Hope you'll survive long with it.
Last edited by MockinMan on Aug 6, 2015, 7:50:29 PM
Rip at 72 eheh, was fun playing this build. Died at Act 3 Dominus in Merciless Difficulty. This was my second character in hardcore ever, still feel happy I reached this far. Might do this build again some other time. Cheers!
Just ripped my very first HC build at level 49, modeled after your guide. I had loads of fun with that char :-) It was amazing how the char could tank through pretty much anything, but then I got too cocky and swapped some gear for more damage. Jumped right into the rogue exile's flameblast with only 47% fire res; I guess I had it coming. Thanks for this guide!
"
Revitalized wrote:
I had loads of fun with that char :-)

"
B1azko wrote:
Rip at 72 eheh, was fun playing this build.

Glad you liked it :D

@B1azko: 72lvl with 2nd try is very very high (I died at lvl65 2nd time).And with this char ripped at lvl75 and only because of hard lags(lagged out for 5sec with beyond monsters map).. dunno when I would die in real battle.

@Revitalized: My friend and I first died on HC from Flameblast Exile)) I think he's one of the strongest Rogues, even with capped res.
Last edited by MockinMan on Aug 22, 2015, 12:32:01 PM
I just died with my first hc flame totem char to a rare fractured monster in act 4 at level 34, damn at this low level, what a shame :( . Totaly underrated fractured :/

So now I will go for your build which looks pretty tanky :)

Thx for the build
Last edited by Afura on Aug 23, 2015, 5:37:26 PM
I never played a 1h/shield character, this looks fun but the video you show has a fairly slow clearspeed.

is this still the case? can you make a new video?
"
danteafk wrote:
I never played a 1h/shield character, this looks fun but the video you show has a fairly slow clearspeed.

is this still the case? can you make a new video?

Hmmm its a budget build :), but if you invest some currency in some better items and a good dps weapon so I guess you can get easly a better killspeed.
Last edited by Afura on Aug 26, 2015, 1:39:02 AM
"
Afura wrote:
Thx for the build

Np man :D
"
danteafk wrote:
but the video you show has a fairly slow clearspeed.

Yeah, the clearspeed isn't the best, but the video is showing tanking capabilities and how char can counter damage back, so in casual running it's not that slow.
I may record and upload some map running in free time. Maybe even today.

Some thoughts behind the build
The build was created around blocking attacks while reflecting and countering damage back.
So, basically.. if you're playing SC you can abandon some defence+spell block to have more reflect :D
I coudn't fulfill this, because of playing HC, but you can try some ideas. For example taking The Anvil and Thousand Teeth Temu for more reflect damage. The Anvil is really good, armour, mana+hp on block, more max block vs physical attacks.. and Temu's giving 1-1000reflect, high block chance, hp, nice Eva (maybe you should learn Iron Reflexes with it). Maybe I'll try them myself and see what'll come of it :O
Last edited by MockinMan on Aug 25, 2015, 6:04:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info