A somewhat forlorn observation

I'm just bitching and moaning, but does it feel to anyone else like we've gone through this somewhat painful process of forum cleansing only to roll out the red carpet for some really terrible, terrible contributions post-Awakening?

Off Topic ended up with a lot of casualties from the new guidelines and enforcement system, and in the end it came down to a pretty good little truce and adaptation from this part of the community.

But... seeing the state of some of the things that are being left alone now is a little disheartening. If we're going to allow the kind of behaviour and posting that we've seen so very much of in the last couple of weeks - what was the point?

I'm salty. So salty. You could sprinkle me on your side of fries, but then you'd have to get new ones because they are so salty.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game and the forums... I just feel a little sad.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Jul 29, 2015, 5:39:21 AM
I totally understand how you feel. The state of the forum at the moment isn't going unnoticed. I assure you that the ideals that came in with the new guidelines haven't changed or been forgotten.

The core of the problem is that the support team is is currently working at maximum capacity with the recent increase in workload. We're currently hiring for new staff to help with this.

I hope that we can get things back to normal asap. In the meantime, please feel free to message me at any time if you see something concerning. I'm happy to look into it.
But then if you're on GGG's shit list, you get moderated immediately within a minute of making a naughty post even if no one has reported it.

Meanwhile if you're not, you can post any crap and get away with it for hours, even if the post is reported.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Feel free to make your own thread dude, this is my little pity party.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
bhavv wrote:
But then if you're on GGG's shit list, you get moderated immediately within a minute of making a naughty post even if no one has reported it.

Meanwhile if you're not, you can post any crap and get away with it for hours, even if the post is reported.

People who feel they're on a special list should take some time to reflect on why they ended up on such a list in the first place, then begin the steps to reform themselves and repair damage done in the past.

Apology is a great place to start.

I see where you're coming from, Nait.

Guess the ultimate goal for we crusaders is to find ways to make the crap-posters leave, but do it in a way that falls within the forum guidelines. It's a tough gig!

Bex shall lead us! We will triumph!

And there's always C's method #3 if all else fails ;)
"
I see where you're coming from, Nait.

Guess the ultimate goal for we crusaders is to find ways to make the crap-posters leave, but do it in a way that falls within the forum guidelines. It's a tough gig!

Bex shall lead us! We will triumph!

And there's always C's method #3 if all else fails ;)

Do we really want them to leave, though? Wouldn't it be better if they could just learn to contribute with a bit more humour or constructivnessicivity? I mean a LOT of the feedback has valid basis - the delivery and response is where things go tits up.

Maybe it's just how younger people communicate nowadays. I've come to the conclusion in the last few days that I am a pretty sad, pathetic old man. I guess the forums are kind of reinforcing that.

Anyways, my apologies for being a downer - Bex, if you could do me a favour and lock this thread it would be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

This thread has been locked by request of the OP.

Thanks!
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info