Porcupine Goliaths (The enemies that explode into spikes on death)

These porcupine goliaths seem far too strong. They're normal enemies regularly. But the spikes they explode outward on death are just insane. And something else I've wondered is rather or not you can even evade them. Because every single time they come at me they hit me on my evasion characters. And considering I don't have much physical damage reduction that's pretty big. If I ever kill too big a batch of them it's pretty much an auto-death. I don't even have this much of a problem with many bosses. I don't see how these enemies have gone so long without a nerf. I've always been one that agrees with the idea of some enemies being more formidable than others, but this is just ridiculous. And it needs to be fixed.
IGN: BombTheChildren, ProfessorBigJohnson, SmashTheChildren
US EST
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
welcome to 2.0 theres no cwdt ec ic that saves you from the INSANE phys dmg they deal.
Just a quick reminder, they are WHITE MOBS ... just white mobs ...

you can evade them but you need a shitton of evasion you will never have unless u heavily invest into it

i recommend you to reroll a armour based character.
Yup these things are nuts. Even with 75% damage mitigation I had to be careful around these bastards.

I do think they should be a threat but it's too much. A slight adjustment to their on death spikes would be sufficient.
They did for me for quite some time... but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Now they're too easy. I guess I learned the hard way how to avoid their damage. Just respect them... and treat them with a bit of care... and they're not so bad.
Arrow Dancing (former Ondar's Guile) worked pretty well for ranged characters as it doubled the chance to evade projectiles. After the nerfs, not so much.

I usually go cold damage + crit in my toons, so I just shatter them most of the time.
Last edited by BurakUeda on Jul 28, 2015, 10:25:35 PM
Their spikes were nerfed in 2.0.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Interesting. I guess old AA helped a lot more in those situations than I thought... Wasn't really using Immortal Call back in the day.

Oh well, they can certainly be dealt with but one has to be careful (ran a 77 filled with them today + bloodlines - oh dear)
"

You sure? All my characters, including armor-based ones, take way more damage from them than they used to.

IMO just another example of an overtuned mob in 2.0 that makes progression nearly impossible for many builds.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
I would suggest you to use enduring cry + a setup with cwdt and immortal call

or just stacking a good amount of enduring charge is alway a good option.

Keep in mind to have multiple layers of protection to be sure your character is prepared to every event. Because in the end every kind of protection has it's downside. So by having multiple layers of protection that complete each other (with a granite flask I really like thoses) you should be ok
"
demon9675 wrote:
"

You sure? All my characters, including armor-based ones, take way more damage from them than they used to.

IMO just another example of an overtuned mob in 2.0 that makes progression nearly impossible for many builds.

100% sure they were nerfed in 2.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info