How to get me to bust out the credit card...

...definitely not by drying up map drops or any kind of drops in general, I can promise you that. But in spite of deciding that GGG was getting no more of my money until I had a reasonable opportunity way to progress my characters, what happens? Playing my brand new level 3 character and Hailrake drops a tabula rasa. Couldn't believe it!

So because of
1) I don't like the look of the tabula on my character, and
2) I finally felt like I got something out of the game since Awakening release

I decided to go ahead and buy a minimum number of points so I could re-skin the tabula.

It's not a big deal but it follows a general principal that I think most people share. Give me something to feel good about and I'm happy to contribute some real dollars. Leave me hanging and feeling like my time in-game gets me nowhere and forget it. I'm not paying for that.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
...definitely not by drying up map drops or any kind of drops in general, I can promise you that. But in spite of deciding that GGG was getting no more of my money until I had a reasonable opportunity way to progress my characters, what happens? Playing my brand new level 3 character and Hailrake drops a tabula rasa. Couldn't believe it!

So because of
1) I don't like the look of the tabula on my character, and
2) I finally felt like I got something out of the game since Awakening release

I decided to go ahead and buy a minimum number of points so I could re-skin the tabula.

It's not a big deal but it follows a general principal that I think most people share. Give me something to feel good about and I'm happy to contribute some real dollars. Leave me hanging and feeling like my time in-game gets me nowhere and forget it. I'm not paying for that.

It's not that simple tho, they want to keep the game well balanced (which is a huge flaw in that regard seeing how melee classes are even worse than they used to be, fortify is great but... with the huge buff to monster damage, it's not enough).

But yeah, otherwise I would agree with that. Give people their builds, let build diversity be a thing, and try to make everyone overall happy and having fun.
No, it's not exactly that simple of course. If GGG just opened up the flood gates and made good stuff drop like crazy there wouldn't be enough challenge and the game wouldn't be fun for long.

But there is a lot of replayability in this game and I can't believe there would be great harm in having people generally ready to re-roll when they hit 95 instead of at 85 (plug in whatever level numbers you're comfortable with), and divniation cards could easily drop 10x as often as they do. Just make the stacks 10x bigger so it takes the same amount of time to complete a stack. If they drop more often then at least you can see them now and then instead of wondering if the card you want was secretly removed from the drop table.

Also if a significant amount of maps and divination cards were dropping I'd be happy to buy more stash tabs to store that stuff. And if I felt that I could sustain a decent map pool I'd even get some portal effect MTX's and have fun running maps instead of saying "well damn, wonder how long til my next 75 map after this one's done?".
"
No, it's not exactly that simple of course. If GGG just opened up the flood gates and made good stuff drop like crazy there wouldn't be enough challenge and the game wouldn't be fun for long.

But there is a lot of replayability in this game and I can't believe there would be great harm in having people generally ready to re-roll when they hit 95 instead of at 85 (plug in whatever level numbers you're comfortable with), and divniation cards could easily drop 10x as often as they do. Just make the stacks 10x bigger so it takes the same amount of time to complete a stack. If they drop more often then at least you can see them now and then instead of wondering if the card you want was secretly removed from the drop table.

Also if a significant amount of maps and divination cards were dropping I'd be happy to buy more stash tabs to store that stuff. And if I felt that I could sustain a decent map pool I'd even get some portal effect MTX's and have fun running maps instead of saying "well damn, wonder how long til my next 75 map after this one's done?".

Yeah, I agree with that. And gear from level 1 to 50-60 could be more generous, seeing as it's never going to hold up in late game, too. I believe they did a change on this with 3-links being much more common, so it would be nice for good items to drop more often on those levels, or leveling uniques. Something along those lines would be nice.

I don't really have a complaint on that end actually, and your suggestions (more frequent drops, more cards needed) are a good idea for sure!
This could also apply to maps, maybe? Dropping map fragments? Then again, that would be a bit sketchy. Either way, pretty neat idea, even tho I would rather see balancing done before this :P
Holy smokes, I think someone read my thread...

Tonight I did my master missions and ran a 72 graveyard. Tranmuted and alted until I got 28% because it looked like my usual 30% just wasn't going to happen and I spent enough alts trying already. Dropped THREE 73 maps (only one of those came from Merveil, by the way) and two 71's as well as a 450 dps two hand sword and a kris with a high crit roll one of my newer characters might use. Oh, and 3 of "the lover" divination cards also dropped in that map.

Then I took the 73 dry lake map Merveil had just dropped, rolled it to 31% and proceeded to get one each 71, 72, 73 and 75 map drops from it as well as a Bloodplay stiletto... pretty worthless but it's still a unique drop. To top is all off just for the hell of it I picked up two white two stone rings from the dry lake map and alched them. One actually rolled pretty nice, check it out..

Of course I realize that this is a far cry from anything like sustaining a 78+ map pool but this was all from barely rolled maps. I guess RNGesus was on my side tonight! Or Chis Wilson wanted to see if I would actually open my wallet if I got what I asked for. Or map drops were stealth buffed (BWAAAHAHAHA).

All kidding aside, was a really fun night for me so true to my word I dropped $60 on an Axiom supporter pack =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info