London Gateway - Lag spike with pingplotter VM problem?

Some routers don't respond, or de-prioritize ICMP (ping in this case) packets. This can cause a router on your route to show up with some or 100% packet loss.

If it doesn't then lead to the same packet loss on the remaining hops in your route, you can safely ignore it.
I don't think there is an overall problem with the infrastructure that is causing people problems.

It's going to be general internet connectivity, a great deal more players currently playing Path of Exile, and Lockstep mode making connection issues more apparent.

In your trace, I see you have a steady ~3% packet loss from your first hop. I would recommend trying to find out what's causing that to occur. Most likely culprits are going to be your router at home (especially check your setup if you're on wifi) or your ISPs first hop (you will need to speak to them if it's this).
"
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I don't think there is an overall problem with the infrastructure that is causing people problems.

It's going to be general internet connectivity, a great deal more players currently playing Path of Exile, and Lockstep mode making connection issues more apparent.

In your trace, I see you have a steady ~3% packet loss from your first hop. I would recommend trying to find out what's causing that to occur. Most likely culprits are going to be your router at home (especially check your setup if you're on wifi) or your ISPs first hop (you will need to speak to them if it's this).

THis logic makes no sense.

Thousands of us had zero problems before awakening. Now we have problems. I'll let you figure out what's changed.

It's easy to feel that your situation characterizes that of thousands of others. I would recommend creating a support thread including your ISP information and a WinMTR trace during periods where you are having connectivity issues. Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info