Pressing Questions for GGG race balance

"
boof wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous nerf leap of slam - > give casters the best movement skill in the history of PoE. Can any of this ever be explained to me.

wasnt the best movement skill leap slam? kill utility, no cool down, no quicksilver required...which melee had for how many seasons? dont know it's been a while since i played melee.

-HeaT

It's no reason to nerf it. Casters were already dominating without flamedash. Can't everyone have decent toys?

-boof

all im saying is leap slam was the best movement skill in the history of poe, better than flame dash before the nerf.

there's a lot of complaining and i look at the race points for the season and sexierthanmors is #1...by a decent margin from #2 and #3 onward is not even close. seems like some of his points are valid but if i were reading the post and thinking to myself "damn YO melee is TERRIBLE" and not look at the rankings id assume he would be outside the top 20. then i also remember helmann is still beasting?

-HeaT

ps...where is throzz?!
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Aug 2, 2015, 10:20:36 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:
ps...where is throzz?!

hello kitty online with cwu
"
janimauk wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:
ps...where is throzz?!

i think throzz races two accounts at the same time and the other one is jani, the low end graphics are a facade.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Aug 3, 2015, 10:46:42 AM
"
there's a lot of complaining and i look at the race points for the season and sexierthanmors is #1...by a decent margin from #2 and #3 onward is not even close. seems like some of his points are valid but if i were reading the post and thinking to myself "damn YO melee is TERRIBLE" and not look at the rankings id assume he would be outside the top 20. then i also remember helmann is still beasting?

-HeaT

ps...where is throzz?!

Race Season points ladder is basically just quantity of races you showed up for and got decent points in. You can be high on the ladder by attending every race and being top 10 in your class, despite never actually winning a race and generally being a mediocre racer.

Not to mention Descent: Champions being the biggest point farm ever and melee is actually good there with all the guaranteed chaos, but Marauder especially still has a pretty miserable start in that race too (no more cleave or sweep gem, forced to ground slam until 12). The difference is in a normal race, you generally don't get that big comeback with an IPD+flat phys Sledgehammer one shotting everything with Sweep.

Try looking at the Signature ladder to compare the relative strength of classes. Sure, the classes behind will likely catch up some as more races are run for star-aligning RNG and people figuring out the best strats. But good luck even hitting 26 as not-caster for the top level points each race, if ever.

When's the last time you tried racing as melee?

p.s. throzz abandoned racing this season because of the lack of the greatest race mode ever, Endless Ledge
Guess how many races I've missed this season? Its less than the fingers on one hand (I don't know myself).

I just finished my MBA type shit and I don't have a job yet so yea.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
janimauk wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:
ps...where is throzz?!

Maybe...

"
HeaT1 wrote:

i think throzz races two accounts at the same time and the other one is jani, the low end graphics are a facade.

-HeaT

Probably...

"
Nilkemorya wrote:
throzz abandoned racing this season because of the lack of the greatest race mode ever, Endless Ledge

I miss Endless S̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ Ledge.
"
Morsexier wrote:
Guess how many races I've missed this season? Its less than the fingers on one hand (I don't know myself).

ya but you still need to post a lot of #1/#2 in class finishes to be where you are at in rankings, which is not ..."mediocre" performance.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

ya but you still need to post a lot of #1/#2 in class finishes to be where you are at in rankings, which is not ..."mediocre" performance.

-HeaT

But #1/#2 in class tells you nothing about the relative sphere. I'm not trying to be mean here, but you really need to take a basic introductory course in logic somewhere.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

-HeaT

But #1/#2 in class tells you nothing about the relative sphere. I'm not trying to be mean here, but you really need to take a basic introductory course in logic somewhere.

seems like my logic is pretty sound, performance drives results. maybe you thought i was insinuating something else. hypothetically even if he missed 10 races, he probably would still be top 5 overall regardless of the "sphere".

so how exactly does the sphere fit within the context of performance and results? that's the real question imo. i really dont want to get into long discussions and written dissertations on a forum board. i can do it over voice if you want, ive made that offer before but had no takers.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Aug 5, 2015, 8:12:04 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:

so how exactly does the sphere fit within the context of performance and results? that's the real question imo. i really dont want to get into long discussions and written dissertations on a forum board. i can do it over voice if you want, ive made that offer before but had no takers.

-HeaT

Because you said...

"if i were reading the post and thinking to myself "damn YO melee is TERRIBLE" and not look at the rankings id assume he would be outside the top 20"

Which doesn't mean that melee isn't terrible compared to casters, it is. So either this is a case of sudden amnesia or you don't actually even understand what you are saying.

Put it to you this way, points have nothing to do with class balance, you can win #1 in class, reach second bracket consistently, play a alot of races, etc.. and still end up in a top 10 position on the ladder, but this tells you bupkis about how strong the class is in the relative sphere.

And it doesn't change the fact that playing melee is way more difficult than playing caster, which means that there is going to be alot more effort required by those playing melee and on top of that they stand no realistic chance of ever getting the points for winning #1 overall, because those points are, for the most part, reserved by casters.

Class balance is absolutely awful, you cannot possibly deny this. I'm not going to waste any more breath on this.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 7, 2015, 1:26:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info