Mapping Changes NOT WORKING

I'm a lvl 94 Summon Raging Spirit build. Map mods dont effect me unless I run into blood magic mod. I alch %100 of maps and vaal orb/chisel higher lvl maps. I kill every boss. I usually play solo and group play in guild. I CANNOT sustain maps. I can only sustain lvl 75 maps. Yesterday in 6 man group we went though about a dozen 76+ maps and didnt get anywhere...back to 75 maps.

What do i have to do to break past sustaining 76+?

Even wasted 14c rolling +3 lvl/vaal orb on a cargo box in a 75 map and all it dropped was low lvl maps and one 74 map. Serioulsy!

I got a lvl 80 map from Uber Atziri and we rolled it until 45% packsize %144 drops which included a zana map mod. NO MAPS! just 74-75 drops again!

The changes to boss dropping maps is a joke. I average much lower maps then map lvl when the boss does drop a map. I do admit i sometimes get a +1 over map lvl map on boss, however it all averages out to 75 map lvl in the "Grand Picture"

If this map drop system was changed because of the Flashback league over inflated the map drops, PLEASE UNDERSTAND GGG that we dont get free domination/beyond every map like we did on flashback.

Updated again:
Why did i just drop a 69 Mountain Ledge Map in a 76 map and a 68 Desert? My only two maps on a 76 map? In all fairness those drops should be very rare. Like getting a lvl 12 requirement Twohand Mallet when your playing in merciless.
Last edited by PillersOfGod on Jul 28, 2015, 4:21:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Wait until GGG realizes that it's fucking horrible.

There much better.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 28, 2015, 4:10:00 PM
"
You wait until GGG's feedback is filled with their map system right now is terrible for the past year then when they realize it.

Well you get the point.

I usually get your points and agree with them. The lack of punctuation in this post has me genuinley confused. =/
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I apologize I just woke up.

<.<
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
i cleared today 3x 77 maps and one 78, and only one boss dropped this beauty

i dont know if i should rage or just laugh. dont know how it is in a group, but as a solo player you can just stop to play PoE when u hit ~85.
For RNG sake, I will just continue farming Dried Lake while waiting all my maps in my stash to be maps-getable in future.
I have leveled twice from lvl88 to lvl90 just by farming Dried Lake, might reach lvl93 just by waiting an improvement to the map system LOL

Love,
Bunny
Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:15:27 AM
actually the changes on mapping worked for what it intended to do.

Wich is, making it harder to get the highest lvl map. and the Need to use a lot of currency to upgrad the map to have better odds.

It was the goal of that patch, and it achieved it pretty well. Now maybe you do not agree about this orientation that's another thing. I'm ok with it, I actually like the fact that I need to spend more currency and time to get the highest maps in the end. It's more work it's another challenge.

My opinion on that, I think the mapping system is ok as it is right now, what we could use is, other late game challenges. Something that doesn't involve mapping. Another mechanics that could give us an alternative choice. And having more choices is alway making a game a better play :)
"
diablofdb wrote:

Wich is, making it harder to get the highest lvl map. and the Need to use a lot of currency to upgrad the map to have better odds.

It was the goal of that patch, and it achieved it pretty well. Now maybe you do not agree about this orientation that's another thing. I'm ok with it, I actually like the fact that I need to spend more currency and time to get the highest maps in the end. It's more work it's another challenge.

My opinion on that, I think the mapping system is ok as it is right now, what we could use is, other late game challenges. Something that doesn't involve mapping. Another mechanics that could give us an alternative choice. And having more choices is alway making a game a better play :)

I agree with alternative to mapping. But i spend all my currency alch/chisel everything. Run unidentified rare maps when they do drop. I will never see a lvl 80 in the current map drop system. I'll get to lvl 78 if im lucky then will go back to 75's. Itn't right if I alch every map and sustain 75's. 79/80/81 should be really hard to sustain. Not 76/77/78 is what im saying.
"
diablofdb wrote:

Well....yeah, come back when you already do some mapping by yourself. You not even done with leveling your toons and you telling us mapping system is okay? seriously...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info