[2.0] Art is an Explosion Arrow - Awakening end game crit EA.

If you have any question about the build, please post it IN THIS THREAD instead of PM. I will be checking thread regularly from now and answer as much as I can :)

This thread is still under construction

Hi. This is the update for my crit EA build after the Awakening patch. This build is done in Softcore and can be altered to play in HC.

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

- Experiencing with Romira's Banquet and reduced duration gem. Clear speed is improved a lot with reduced duration since we blow up mobs faster.

- 11 August: Burnt 1k3 fusing w/o 6L but got 6L from a friend (shoutout to Greengroove to keep my dream going). Big change in tree. Link:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLH0EDHha_tUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ02NDDdEOSElR8NWVLgceEZZ_xkmx18_5N--IkyehL76KtAzK0x2q4YhGcYMJuMo7fA_EoqPbC4IewfP0cUNUHdmIQqaZUXQagZitKPpXyQ186rr56ILH2mJodBhW2L3-Crc-QYeDXzwtg8xo8q9sC2HGrqIA8B8EsxhdPO8cpwxfU6V3B4cTnKRvnsDjS1fxs7l8jAvssDY9bWxirJ2qbIxuPWBDvoA1klNSRZ2a4OvuHNy4k48ahTLyRQ==

Breakdown: More life, life regen, accuracy, drop 1 aura. NOT dropping MoM anymore. Heartseeker notable is not worth the travel and I plan to compensate for the loss of crit chance with good jewel (crafting atm).

Gear update and new footage coming soon!

- 30 July: Drop MoM due to chaos damage reducing mana to danger threshold.

• Eldritch Battery is no longer convert ES to mana, thus sustaining EA using mana is even more challenging.
  • Energy Shield recharge time has been drasticly reduced to 2 second after not taking damage. With the use of the unique quiver Soul Strike and the notable Essence Surge, ES will begin to recharge at the rate of over 400 per sec in 0.72 second according to this calculation.
  • CwDT cannot proc Enduring Cry anymore but provide a burst regen in a short moment.
  • New Snowforged cluster and jewel system allow even more crit chance from the tree.
  • Elemental Proliferation is nerfed at both damage and AoE.
  • Frenzy Charge provide 4% MORE damage per charge.
  • Reflect changed. No longer big rippy reflect pack help pushing the limit of this build even further.
  • Arctic Armour change to a totally different skill to this build and not fitting with the play style. RIP 21/20 AA gem :(

BUILD MECHANISM

Spoiler

Defense

• Eldritch Battery and Mind Over Matter is opted since the char have very fast ES recovery.
  • 163% life and 86% ES from tree w/o including 3 jewels
  • Life regen from tree and Vitality aura + burst regen from Enduring Cry.
  • Good old seething and bubbling health flasks.
  • CwDT IC with 4 end charge and Increased duration provide a 4 sec immunity to physical damage to get out of danger.
  • 25% fire damage is converted to chaos and ruby flasks to deal with reflect.
  • High movement speed.

Offense
  • Crit with high crit multi (sitting at 596% w/o legacy gears and maligaro's). With a non Curse on Hit Assasin's Mark, a crit will deal 704% damage to normal mobs (496 * 1.42 at lvl 21 Assasin Mark according to calculation) and 620% damage with bosses
  • Elemental Equilibrium to reduce target Fire resist.
    [li] Multiple arrows and Increase Area of Effect to clear packs quickly.

• Aura

• Vitality and Purity of Fire
    • 4% reduced mana reserved and lvl 2 enlighten is needed to reserve 64% mana and prevent triggering "low mana" disadvantage from Infernal Mantle

• GEAR CHOICE AND EXPLAINATION

[spoiler]
    Helmet
    [spoiler]

Rat's Nest provide many bonus to the build with the sacrifice of life and resist.
    [/spoiler]

Bow
    [spoiler]

A 6L +3 thicket provide the best damage bonus to this build. It is however very hard to get a +1 arrow corruption on it, which is much needed to provide a faster clear speed. I use my current bow just for boss *cough* Atziri *cough* fights where I cannot ultilize wall and ads.

Death's Harp with +1 arrow corruption is relatively easy to achive due to the low price and provide a tremendous amount of crit damage and clear speed boost.
    [/spoiler]

Quiver
    [spoiler]

This build ultilize almost every mods on this quiver from the Dex to the ES and especially the Faster ES regen bonus. A truely wonderful quiver.
    [/spoiler]

Body Armour
    [spoiler]

Infernal Mantle provide a large amount of ES for EB and MoM to support mana hungry Explosive Arrow and act as a damage buffer. The bonus to Fire Damage, huge crit chance and +1 fire gem benefit EA a lot. A +1 gem Infernal Mantle would be godly here.

The mod 25% damage converted to Chaos damage help A LOT with reflect. It is a damage loss to chaos resist boss but not very noticable since we blow up stuffs very quickly anyway.

Last but not least, the low mana disadvantage is almost nelectable since we do not need many auras and to reach the mana pool in 1 hit, we would be death anyway.

[/spoiler]

Jewelry
    [spoiler]

Rare jewelry prioritizes life > crit chance > accuracy > resist > stats. Crit multi is a bonus on amulet. My stuffs are pre 2.0 and thus not optimal for this build yet.
    [/spoiler]

Boots and Gloves
    [spoiler]

If I have enough resist from gears, I would use a pair of Maligaro's Virtuosity to further increase the crit potential of the build. However, a rare gloves with Accuracy, IAS, Life and resist is more recommended for survivability and stability since we need accuracy to apply our arrows.

A high movement speed pair of boots with life and resists is a no brainer. Bonus if it has strength and ES.
    [/spoiler]

Belt
    [spoiler]

Rare belt with life, es and resist is the choice. Bonus if endurance charge corruption or/and movement speed.
    [/spoiler]

Jewel
    [spoiler]

Life>Projectile Damage = Fire Damage>Crit multi> Area Damage
    You can roll these mods on all 3 base type.
    [/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

GEM SETUP

[spoiler]
    Explosive Arrow setup
    [spoiler]
    5L chest:

6L chest or bow:

[/spoiler]

Curse on Hit
    [spoiler]
    4L:

5L:

[/spoiler]

Auras
    [spoiler]
    4L:

[/spoiler]

CwDT + EC
    [spoiler]4L:

[/spoiler]

Supports
    [spoiler]

Flametotem blind is also a solid choice to disable and distract bosses but I dont have the color for it yet.

[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

PASSIVE TREE AND BANDIT
    [spoiler]Current tree lvl 92:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4EBwSzBiMHHg18DdEOSA_EEZYWvxqBHNwdqh3ZH0EgbiaVKPoqCyqNLR8y0TY9Ntg6WDt8Q1RFR0V8RZ1GcUkbSVFJsUtXTLNQMFF0U1JVS1WFVcZXyV3yYeJirGjyakNrF2yMbWxvnnBScNV3B3_Ggh6DCYPbhTKHE4hCidOMC4w2jxqTJ5UglS6Xl5itmuCcpJ2qoS-iAKKjpcummayYtAy0OLVIuJO4yrl8vOq-isBUwGbA48HzytPQH9fP2wvhiOUZ6rrr7uxV7LDviO_r8B_w1fFs8bPz6vRx-Tf79Q==

Next level I will have 1 more Power Charge

Bandit Choice: Oak - skill point - Alira
    [/spoiler]

VIDEO SECTION
    [spoiler]http://plays.tv/video/55b7bc930a16c6f687

-11 Aug: http://plays.tv/video/55ca4925653132bd20 - a rare 74 Residence Map. Could do higher but I only have lightning res capped so I chose this map. Gameplay is kinda slopy since I haven't played this guy for a while. 1 shot Igna Phoenix around 1:15.

[/spoiler]

FAQ

Q: Why even go crit? What is the point?
    A: Because rewards and reflect change. A crit explosion is equal to a stack of 7 arrows without crit. It saves a lot of time and also making penetration more effective. Opting for crit also gives bonus for ignite chance => bonus on EA is almost neglectable

Q: What are other bow choice? What do you think of Quill Rain?
    A: Quill Rain is still a solid choice for any EA build. It also enable some Life Gain on Hit setup. However, even with a +1 arrow Quill Rain, you still need a +1 Soul Strike to achieve 3 arrows (2 arrows is very annoying since you have to aim at the mob to actually hit). It will increase the cost of the build a lot but it is also worth it.

Same goes for Lioneye's Glare, which has a nice as and Cannot Miss bonus but require 2 corruption compared to Death's Harp.
  • Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
    Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Aug 11, 2015, 11:05:30 PM
    Quick qn: with Eldritch Battery, the mana reservation from Aura/Herald will reserve mana or ES?
    Interesting build, I'm gonna roll this in Tempest tonight. Obviously I want a bit more life, so how would you change the tree for a HC league?
    I already aquired these :D

Also, why do you have Mana regen on gear with EB? Just asking cause all your jewellery has high rolls.
    Nice build man, looking forward to trying it (without fear of being instagibbed by thornflesh hehehe).
    Let's roll! :D
    Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
    Ok so here's my initial feedback after a few hours of playtime (lvl 45):

Tree I'm using is a Scion (bit more life & life regen), I also took the AoE nodes
    Spoiler
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7-Cti9gsco-lfJDXy4kxzc6-6FMprgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyPAXvfOq6tAxGceGIHaqDCW-enKSHE3cH8bNLV8DjytO-iqEvjxoYVpMnf8bviPk3189JsRGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3ycNWJ03BSKgvz6rVIBiMfQQMeFr8mlWHiVUuMNm1sNj2dqmyMYqxVhaXL7LCMC7l8DdFjQ6KjUXQagaaZwfOCHtsLiEId2UNU9HGVIC0fTLMgblAwl5VSUz1fBAeD21XGOlg1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kU=

Starting at lvl32 with EA is hard, not really recommended. The gem needs levels to shine, also mana is very hard to manage (basically pop flasks all the time). It is fun though, 3 arrows may be a bit low for endgame (hence the AoE nodes from tree).

I don't think your links are optimal. Consider using slower projectiles, it is so good now with the more multiplier. I would probably replace ICS, since PCoC gives you a reliable 300% crit chance with 6 power charges over just 150% from ICS.

Also on your CwDt - not sure if you've noticed, but auto enduring cry doesn't work any more.
    Which also makes taking the endurance charge on tree a bit questionable. You would have to use a manual EC to keep it up. I would just ditch the charge and use CWDT - inc dur - phase run - immortal call. Phase run is really awesome to get out of bad situations.
    If you are lazy and play in parties a lot (like me), you may also consider running Bloodrage for frenzy charges. Of course this is assuming someone else is cursing/EEing the mobs, but mostly I have a supporter in group anyway, at least on high maps. With 4%+ regen you at least have the option to run it without much problems. You can then spend a point for conduit rather than EE, but that's very situational and personal preference obviously.

Overall I can't wait to hit 65 and finally switch to EB (no more mana problems yay!)

Edit: Alternative skill tree. You basically trade 16% AoE, 12% Area damage and 5% allres for 25% crit multiplier, more effective flasks and the possibility to get another frenzy charge. You also trade some int nodes for more useful dex nodes, so this might be better actually.
    Spoiler
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6tz5XybiT_goNfBzc2L3yReq66-6PGjWSOuG0DDLRmuCFMv6PpldGcVv0ytNFR0WdTeODCeGIvorAZlNSb54dqpMnoS8EszwFnKTxs3_G74iiAO98hxNLV6KjEZb5N_AfdwfA41F0wfMHHg5I189o8hqBgh6VLg3RXfJJsaaZiELbC_DVY0Nw1R3ZSVGJ00NUcFL0cSoL8-q1SAYjbWwfQVWFNj0DHqXL7LCdqha_jAtirGyMJpW5fGHiVUuMNud06NYFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkg==

Last edited by therealjcool on Aug 4, 2015, 6:47:49 PM
    Hi there,

Never played a ranged build before, but i had a nice bow drop for me:

I put DoT on it because it apparently it's good for pa, but does it meet some sort of criteria for critical ea?
    So many strikes within one breath.
    But only one strike needed, for certain death.
    Nice +3 Bow there. For EA you should craft something else though, like Attack Speed or crit multiplier. DoT doesnt really work (it may apply to the burn damage, but thats not really relevant). Dont forget that with your bow you have to use lmp/gmp with EA since there's no additional arrows.
    "
    fiqst wrote:
    Hi there,

Never played a ranged build before, but i had a nice bow drop for me:

I put DoT on it because it apparently it's good for pa, but does it meet some sort of criteria for critical ea?

A nice find! I would put crit multi on it since it is the only mod that scale damage for this build. We do not focus on burning so DoT is not that good. That said, the bow is still very good for PA builds.
    Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
    "
    therealjcool wrote:
    Ok so here's my initial feedback after a few hours of playtime (lvl 45):

Tree I'm using is a Scion (bit more life & life regen), I also took the AoE nodes
    Spoiler
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHT56EGHtz7-Cti9gsco-lfJDXy4kxzc6-6FMprgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyPAXvfOq6tAxGceGIHaqDCW-enKSHE3cH8bNLV8DjytO-iqEvjxoYVpMnf8bviPk3189JsRGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3ycNWJ03BSKgvz6rVIBiMfQQMeFr8mlWHiVUuMNm1sNj2dqmyMYqxVhaXL7LCMC7l8DdFjQ6KjUXQagaaZwfOCHtsLiEId2UNU9HGVIC0fTLMgblAwl5VSUz1fBAeD21XGOlg1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kU=

Starting at lvl32 with EA is hard, not really recommended. The gem needs levels to shine, also mana is very hard to manage (basically pop flasks all the time). It is fun though, 3 arrows may be a bit low for endgame (hence the AoE nodes from tree).

I don't think your links are optimal. Consider using slower projectiles, it is so good now with the more multiplier. I would probably replace ICS, since PCoC gives you a reliable 300% crit chance with 6 power charges over just 150% from ICS.

Also on your CwDt - not sure if you've noticed, but auto enduring cry doesn't work any more.
    Which also makes taking the endurance charge on tree a bit questionable. You would have to use a manual EC to keep it up. I would just ditch the charge and use CWDT - inc dur - phase run - immortal call. Phase run is really awesome to get out of bad situations.
    If you are lazy and play in parties a lot (like me), you may also consider running Bloodrage for frenzy charges. Of course this is assuming someone else is cursing/EEing the mobs, but mostly I have a supporter in group anyway, at least on high maps. With 4%+ regen you at least have the option to run it without much problems. You can then spend a point for conduit rather than EE, but that's very situational and personal preference obviously.

Overall I can't wait to hit 65 and finally switch to EB (no more mana problems yay!)

Edit: Alternative skill tree. You basically trade 16% AoE, 12% Area damage and 5% allres for 25% crit multiplier, more effective flasks and the possibility to get another frenzy charge. You also trade some int nodes for more useful dex nodes, so this might be better actually.
    Spoiler
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6tz5XybiT_goNfBzc2L3yReq66-6PGjWSOuG0DDLRmuCFMv6PpldGcVv0ytNFR0WdTeODCeGIvorAZlNSb54dqpMnoS8EszwFnKTxs3_G74iiAO98hxNLV6KjEZb5N_AfdwfA41F0wfMHHg5I189o8hqBgh6VLg3RXfJJsaaZiELbC_DVY0Nw1R3ZSVGJ00NUcFL0cSoL8-q1SAYjbWwfQVWFNj0DHqXL7LCdqha_jAtirGyMJpW5fGHiVUuMNud06NYFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkg==

Thank you for your feedback!

- I agree that lvling with EA since the get go is quite hard for its mana cost and somewhat lack luster dps unless your tree specialized in burn and you go for burn setup instead. I recommend lvling with Incinerate and Flametotem with -mana elreon jewelry and focus on survivability until you have a decent 5L chest.

- I am still experiencing with links and since I can keep my charges up with Ice Spear - PCoC, I decided to take it out of the setup. Slow projectile is a strong choice as well as Empower.

- Bloodrage was one of my plans but I decided to manually use frenzy instead for a bit of cursing. Unlike you, I often find myself playing alone so I have to curse myself. EE is a no brainer and almost a must have in any EA build since it provide such a strong debuff with little to none drawbacks. I would really like to dual curse Ass Mark and Ele weakness but I have to work on resist on my gears first. As you can guess, its was setup for old EB so I have quite a bit of mana regen on gears that doesnt do anything.

- Since chaos damage can still hurt mana if I go for MoM, I decided to drop MoM. That means I need other form of defense such as Acro/Phase Acro or focusing on life regen. Going to Acro hurt our ES pool (I have almost 700 with Acro) but with OP Soul Strike, I still have 0 mana problem. That said, life pool is still at low end.

- Your tree looks really solid. I would only drop MoM and AoE nodes. With 3 arrows and inc. Aoe gem, I find it more than enough to decimate packs. With this tree, you need some good jewel and jewelry to compensate the Fire damage loss on tree but overall it is what I would do in HC league. GJ

- CwDT phase run is golly good with the frenzy charges we almost have up. Pair it with a IC CwDT IC setup and I can always survive leaping frogs/goat ambush.
    Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
    Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Aug 6, 2015, 6:41:00 AM
    "
    F4F_Lucifer wrote:

- Since chaos damage can still hurt mana if I go for MoM, I decided to drop MoM. That means I need other form of defense such as Acro/Phase Acro or focusing on life regen. Going to Acro hurt our ES pool (I have almost 700 with Acro) but with OP Soul Strike, I still have 0 mana problem. That said, life pool is still at low end.

So you droppped the MoM can you link your Passive than how it is atm?
    IGN: JackDaniels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info