Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Constant crashes caused by wrap_oal.dll according to the event log

After playing for 14 or so hours (Don't judge me) with no problems, and having never had path of exile crash before (Been playing since closed beta) my game started crashing constantly yesterday with no explicable change in my system.

The way the crash presents itself is inconsistent. Sometimes it will hard lock (Have to Alt F4 to close the game), sometimes it will close to desktop with no error, and sometimes an exception window will pop up but it can't be read (The window itself is under the path of exile window and can't be moved out from behind it)

I tried basic troubleshooting already. I've reset the game settings, tried from a different hard drive, verified the game through steam, then completely deleted and redownloaded the game and tried the standalone launcher. I have uninstalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled them (They are the latest nvidia version 153.30)

A couple minutes ago I thought about checking my event log in windows to see if there's anything useful there and sure enough every crash from path of exile is linked to wrap_oal.dll I have done some googling and this seems to be an issue that presented itself in the past but all I found was that someone was using outdated AMD drivers and that's not the case for me.

System:

Windows 7 Ult x64
i7 4930k
32GB 2400mhz DDR3
GTX 770 Superclocked 4GB
Asus P9x79-LE motherboard

DXDiag:
http://pastebin.com/eDJ62NAV

Some help on what to do to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
I edit my posts. A lot.

Last edited by Glockshna at 7:04 PM 9/17/2012
Are you using EVGA Precision X?

If so, try without it.
Yep it was Precision X. I actually found out a few minutes after making this post as Skype was crashing with some strange error that was also attributed to Precision X 16. I uninstalled the program and haven't had any problems with skype or the game since. Very strange that it just started happening. I've had Precision X running for years with no problems.
I edit my posts. A lot.

Last edited by Glockshna at 7:04 PM 9/17/2012
Something about the most recent version of Precision X causing issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info