i need a monitor mount.. have you seen one like this?

im looking for a 'side mounted pole, table mount, monitor stand'..

lemme explain.. (see pic below also if you're having a hard time understanding)

basically my desk/table top has a support rail underneath the table top, which prohibits me from using a more standard (and plentiful) mount as seen here http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=7562&seq=1&format=2. if i used that mount, the tightening screw on the bottom would hit the rail under the table top, and if i mounted it to the rail, then the pole would hit the table top..

im looking for a mount with that pole on the SIDE of the clamp..

ive drew up a small sketch of the table, and the mounts if you're still not clear hopefully it'll help

Spoiler

so, if anyone has seen one like this on the web, let me know, ultimatly i'd like it to have an extension arm on it, full tilt/swivel, etc.. but if i can find a mfgr that puts the pole on the side of the clamp, i think i can find the rest of what i need.

thanks!
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
to get a better idea of what the table looks like see this pic

Spoiler

now you should see why the mounting pole cant be on top of the clamp
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
Last edited by wade001 on Feb 12, 2013, 5:18:16 PM
If you know someone who can weld you could buy one of the monitor stands that doesnt work for you, cut the 'pole' off the clamp and they can re-weld it onto the back side of the clamp. But I wasnt able to find anything that would work in your situation.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
i been looking for a couple weeks now, through picture after picture after picture.. i know i can find something..

i thought about looking up a welder and having them modify an existing one to work, thats my last chance scenario..

thanks for your help though
Last edited by wade001 on Feb 13, 2013, 6:41:10 AM
aha!

i knew there had to be at least 1 mfgr out there in this wide vast world that made their mounts differently than 99% of the rest of the world..

to you i present, a side mounted pole, table mount, monitor stand...

http://www.wayfair.com/Level-Mount-Full-Motion-Desktop-Mount-with-10.5-Extension-Up-to-30-Screens-DCDSK30DJ-LVM1027.html

and decent reviews, think i'll be ordering one this weekend
Last edited by wade001 on Feb 17, 2013, 8:56:05 AM
Wow. It only took you like a week of searching lol (not insulting)

Good job man.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info