I Have to reinstall the graphic drivers everytime

Everytime I start path of exile after launching my computer again (the client version not the steam version) I get the normal screen that he is launching it but then after checking resources the launcher window is closed as if he were launching it normally but then nothing happens. I can see the pathofexile.exe in Task manager but it doesn't respond. But it registers that the game is launched because if I want to launch a third instances I get the warning that I only can run 2 instances of this game.

But if I reinstall the same version of the graphic driver that is already installed on this computer it launches without a problem.
I do not have this problem with any other games, I only have to reinstall the drivers for PoE.

This all started after a windows update about a week ago.

Im running
Windows 7 64 bit
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Driver Version 353.30
Last edited by bloodtiger92 on Jul 28, 2015, 5:31:11 AM
are you using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X or any other "tuner" application that could interfere with your video card or settings?
No the only thing I have is NVIDIA GeForce Experience which was installed together with the graphic driver after the update. Which seems to be running the whole time in the background.
Instead of re-installing the drivers next time, just try rebooting the PC instead.

I'm guessing that something is hanging up and not allowing the process to work correctly. A reboot should determine if that is the case.
I tried rebooting but that sadly doesn't change anything.
Every time after shutting down the computer and booting it up again I have to reinstall the driver or I can't start PoE.
Very odd.

I can't think of a reason that it wouldn't work until you reinstalled the graphics drivers unless something isn't reset correctly but the graphics driver install resets it.

In assuming you don't have any antivirus/firewall/security software interfering?

You may want to try a Driver Sweeper uninstallation followed by a clean driver installation as admin again.

Something is definitely off.
Last edited by Drakier on Jul 29, 2015, 3:53:31 PM
I've been having the same issue for the longest time. I also have the same graphics card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info