[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

ive been loving this build i managed to get atziri's but im thinking what could be better then
i was thinking lighting coil but idk maybe kaoms heart any ideas
Not sure. I dont think LNerd updates this build anymore.
"
kiadaw wrote:
"
kiadaw wrote:
"
Klenkogi wrote:
Use the Bloodmagic Supportgem for Cyclone until you have Warlords Mark + Blasphemy. I played this Build this league and had no mana problems since the beginning.

Thanks. I made some beginner mistake. I didn't upgrade my cast on hit gem, resulting in skills not activating due t level cap. Realised that last night before bedtime Will make adjustment.

Blasphemy & Warlords work well. I never had Mana issue except occasional lone boss/elite.
Problem is, it took a huge 50% mana resevere, & I can't run Hatred, which is also 50%.

I tested run Hatred & Manual casting Warlord's mark, but the skill took too much mana, & I face mana issue again, LOL

With the Kaom's axe, which I got for cheap, (at least until now in Merceless act 1), I clear monsters so fast that most time, I can hardly get 'cast when hit', so link warloard to cast when hit is not useful (period). I fact, often, I had to stand still, & allow monster to hit me, to activate Golem.

ALot of learning & tuning to do.

I have been trying to get more materials now so I can craft 2 5 linkers (never mnd 6 linker).

SO far, this build has been smooth riding. Thanks

Warlord's Mark should not be costing you 50% mana. It's only supposed to reserve 35%, and then the 50% from Hatred. Check your links. Another link might be increasing the cost of the curse. Try removing the other gems you have in that piece of gear and see what the mana cost is. If that's not working, try making your characters public and we can see if there's a passive or gem increasing the cost.
as a new player i wish to thank you for this awesome build, i really enjoying the game and build, cheers...
Been using a similar build for about 2 weeks now. Currently, I'm level 80 (almost 81) with 4.4k HP and doing 23k-43k (unbuffed-buffed) on Cyclone. I also have 23% phys. dmg reduc unbuffed, with fortify and flasks I think I'm somewhere around 45%-50%. Right now I'm on T5/T6 maps and my clear speeds are very good. The only problems I have are on some boss fights where they have crazy mods and I just can't beat them.

My 2H and Chest both only have 5L still, so I'm hoping to get those 6L soon for increased dmg/survivability.

Thanks for the detailed post/video - I love this build!
Running this build on my first character, just wondering, why is Flame Golem set to lvl 2 only?

Thx for the guide btw, really good :D
"
Saethwir wrote:
just wondering, why is Flame Golem set to lvl 2 only?

My guess would be the Flame Golem should not be any higher as supported by Cast when Damage Taken, optionally you can max the Golem and cast manually when needed.
New player here, after testing classes and some skills, I ended up using this build.

I really enjoy it and working through Cruul Act 4 atm.

I'm trying to understand why Hatred and Rallying Cry are included in the CWDT (Lv1) and Flame Golem (lv 2) set up?

CWDT will not proc Hatred or Rallying Cry. And those two gems don't support each other either.

Am I missing a change from 2.5 to 2.6 that changed how this worked?

Thanks!
Last edited by DeFeoBoutique on Apr 12, 2017, 3:45:46 PM
"
DeFeoBoutique wrote:
New player here, after testing classes and some skills, I ended up using this build.

I really enjoy it and working through Cruul Act 4 atm.

I'm trying to understand why Hatred and Rallying Cry are included in the CWDT (Lv1) and Flame Golem (lv 2) set up?

CWDT will not proc Hatred or Rallying Cry. And those two gems don't support each other either.

Am I missing a change from 2.5 to 2.6 that changed how this worked?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, school and I don't check the forums often (not the OP, just seem to be one of the only ones left answering!)

Hatred and Rallying Cry can't be cast by CWDT because they are not spells, they're auras and warcrys. CWDT requires the "spell" or "cast" gem tag to work. They changed it several patches ago in 2015. You can still use Rallying Cry by manually casting it, the build will work either way, but you have to be more careful in large packs because of the cast animation. Hatred and your Warlord's Mark you just activate at the start of your session or after you die to have them active.

As for why they're in that gear link, it's probably because unless you have a 6s chest it won't fit anywhere else. The other links are reserved for things like ID on gems that it can support. Putting RC and Hatred with FG and CWDT means you don't have to wait to get a 6s chest. Much more beginner friendly. 6s Belly of the Beast is around 14c, versus 3-5c for a 4s/4l.
Really like this build! Worked really well for me as a first time POE player.

Would like to add a few late game things that aren't in the guide.

Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt with the +% physical damage mod is a very nice and cheap belt that gives a good amount of resists and armour.

A Le Heup of All Iron Ring also seems like a really good ring (haven't gotten one for myself yet). It has a very nice combination of damage and resists, and also provides some int/dex. The ring is a bit more on the expensive side for early game though.

Level 20 Blasphemy Support requires 111 Intelligence and level 20 Vaal Haste/Blood rage requires 155 Dexterity. Nice information to have so you know how much of each you need on gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info