[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Do you think a 1h/aegis build/guide would be do-able in the future?
"
oldways wrote:
Thanks for the build lifting having a blast with It .Since I had a re-spec on my marauder I decided to try this and so far so Good It feels really good so far thanks for putting time into It .I have played a lot of your builds And this one might have to be my favorite atm
My gear could use better armor but it doing great so far

That is really awesome to hear man. Thanks for sharing your feedback =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Jesus this build steamrolls if done as guided. I'm 52 with a 4L body for Cyclone (Blood Magic, Melee Dmg, Fortify), 4L hands (CWDT, Immortal, Blood Rage, Inc Dur), and 3L helm (Leap, End on Stun, Blood Magic) and it is just ridiculous. I had a Blood Reaper (Lv 45 Scythe) drop on my Ranger; with that the base character DPS at 52 is 1339 (1708 for Cyclone). Highly recommend buying it for anyone leveling up as the bleed will kill stray mobs pretty often so you can keep on spinning. Leap also provides great multi-level mobility and you can run 2-3 Quicksilver flasks easily in Cruel.

For context, I just killed the Cruel Vaal Overlord in about 35 second before he fired a single lazer. My gear is not even that great; self-found combined with about 1.5C of purchases mostly just to get 4Ls.

Thanks Lifting

EDIT: I'm new to game if this post sounds lame haha; my first Ranger was a disaster (just came to game blind and rolled with the punches to 55).
Last edited by WulfgangNSH on Jul 31, 2015, 9:26:25 PM
Hey lifting, awesome build! I would like to point out a very small inconsistancy in the leveling tree's. The 88 point tree and the final tree use a differend route to the scion life wheel. It litteraly makes no difference in points or stats but I felt like pointing it out :)
Hi,
I just switched to this build from righteous fire (1.3) and i love the survivability but i have a tooltip dps of 12k (i am currently leveling my gems), what is your dps and how can i improve mine ?
hey man, really well done guides. Just ripped my 84 flame totem witch and I'm about to make cyclone char, turned out I can use your guidance again!

Since I have quite a bit of currency I'm thinking of implementing more quality gems and leveling them right off the bat. I bought already a 20q Cyclone since inc aoe seems vital for this build. What are some other skills that you think would benefit best from using quality ones? I thought maybe MPD is the second most important and the rest I can do with nonQ skills. And maybe use the currency to get some cheap corrupted 6 link chest for endgame (before I save up for the belly)
Hey bro awesome build!!! Im level 73 with 4.3k HP, 7k armour, max res.

gear

Have a couple questions though. How can i improve where i am now? Ive got 16k dps with 5 frenzy charges and the fortify buff. It feels a little slow in maps and doesnt seem like it will be able to do like end game maps or atziri :/ Also i seem to take alot of damage from bosses. I almost ripped to some 69 map bosses which was pretty scary xD. What should i aim for now to improve my damage and survaivability. Im am playing in tempest btw! :D
"
asbo96 wrote:
Hey bro awesome build!!! Im level 73 with 4.3k HP, 7k armour, max res.

gear

Have a couple questions though. How can i improve where i am now? Ive got 16k dps with 5 frenzy charges and the fortify buff. It feels a little slow in maps and doesnt seem like it will be able to do like end game maps or atziri :/ Also i seem to take alot of damage from bosses. I almost ripped to some 69 map bosses which was pretty scary xD. What should i aim for now to improve my damage and survaivability. Im am playing in tempest btw! :D

In Tempest you can get a 6-link chest for very little money so one idea would be to get a 6-link and host your cyclone in it and slam in your weapon. Also all your jewelry base types are all suboptimal since we don´t need crit, ES or accuracy. Furthermore hybrid amulets are the best so you should aim to get a dex/int, dex/str one. For non boss mobs you can also swap out determination for Haste in maybe a backup glove.
Just my 2 cents.
What is the best alternative to Belly of the Beast for body? Just high Life/Res/5L rare chest? Want a Belly, but just started a week ago and only have 50C (cheapest Belly on POE Trade is 3.5EX).
Going live on twitch now if you guys have any questions! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info