[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Hello LiftingNerd i love your guide/build but do you know why golem doesnt trigger with "cast when damage taken" i was just getting hit by enemies and golem was nowhere.
all other skills work perfect
Last edited by psyko1821 on Sep 21, 2015, 4:01:17 PM
First and foremost, thank you for the amazing guide that you did. I was out of PoE for quite some time and I wanted to do something different for one of my spare characters. I was just lucky enough to have the items i needed in some dusty corner of my stash and it was a breeze doing act 4 (i just had some problems with the first phase of malachi. ripped once but weirdly enough, phase 2 was pretty easy.) just want to share my current gear and stats.

the tabula really was just for shits and giggles to see how much damage a 6L can do since i was pretty much res-capped (probably 1 or 2 points away from 75%) but i do have this chest for defense.

current stats is 4.4k life with dps reaching ~30k with onslaught, 3 frenzy charges, blood rage and fortify up. using a 5L cyclone on the weapon (with 5L leap slam for endurance charge on chest), i hit roughy 24k with all buffs up. now i just need to find some good jewels to boost dps.
Hi Lifting, thank you for the guide. This is my first melee char since the original open beta and my first cyclone char ever and I'm having a blast.

Having said that... how far into maps have you taken the build yourself?
I'm lvl 80 now and 70s and 71s are fine (blue) but from 72s up I am starting to get hit quite hard and there is not enough life leech / regen to reliably "not die", especially when Blood Rage is up.

There is a bit of physical leech on the tree plus the leech from Vengeance, but it seems not nearly enough.

Now that might be bad gear of course, but still, it does not feel to be able to reliably hit big blue packs, etc. without hectically spamming flasks.

My stats:
Life: 5241
Life regen/s: 316
Cyclone leech: 0.4% (from tree)
Armor before end charges: 6353
Armor with granite up: 24608
DPS with Hatred, no frenzy charges: 16 450

Any thoughts?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Hi, really good guide (as always ^___^), thanks a lot! I'm considering this for the 1month. Couldn't I also start with Templar and go through the Mana/Life & Armour/ES notes to Sanctity? Maybe even Scion through resistance notes or Path of Warrior (the both get Cyclone from Vendor, I think)?
hey m8, ur build seems nice! i am new in game and i am going to give it a shot! i am a free player meaning i am not going to spend any money ingame! is that going to work for me or i have to invest some money?
In case you guys are wondering, then yes; this is a suitable and powerful build choice for the 1-month!

Good luck! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Excellent build, the mobs can't handle the density of my memes
Hello, i am following your build and seems great.
Just a really noob question..i saw your video. Seems you have constant frenzy but you don't use frenzy as gem skill. How did you manage that?
thank you
LiftingNerdBro,
Thank you for this incredible cyclone marauder build. This is so much fun to play. I've only been playing POE for about 4 months and have a lvl 82+ cyclone marauder using another build, but this one is far superior.

I am almost to Malachai at level 42 with my new marauder and have only died twice - once when I went afk for too long, and once when I got 'stuck' on an object and couldn't move.

This build gets really awesome (around level 38) when you can use blood magic and cast when damage taken get full use of the buffs, auras, curse, and golem. CWDT makes it so simple and non-distracting with so much going on.

Here's my modest equipment that I mostly crafted from drops, adding sockets and links and re-coloring to get the exact desired build. It's already time to upgrade but I'm doing just fine even killed Daresso fairly easy for the first time ever -- posting it not to show how uber my gear is but how much you can do with so little with this build.

Spoiler

Edit-- Me:1. Malachai:0 No boss has killed me yet with this build. I love how Enduring Cry procs sometimes right when I need it. Now level 45 in Cruel and loving this build.
Last edited by Leodeus on Oct 7, 2015, 6:31:21 PM
Thank you for this build! It's my first HC character, but I'm 71 level at flashback now and still alive. It's a huge achievement for me, so thanks again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info