Huge oversight in possible Jewel mods

"
SjakaWaka wrote:
IAoE is indeed strong won't deny that.

but a 4% modifier wouldn't be that strong on its own.

if that were the case there wouln't be increased AoE nodes on the tree...

the 4% modifier is not on its own, it comes along with bonus stats

and it would be too strong BECAUSE there is already aoe on the tree.

/ in order to make this jewel possible they had to reduce the overall aoe on the tree which just makes the player shift over to getting more aoe from jewels
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 9:25:19 AM
wel i don't see the problem to change the tree abit to allow more options w/o making somthing OP, that being said, shifting the AoE from the tree a bit to jewels will probably require some kind of compensation in another form on the AoE nodes.

And lets be honest Jewels are strong regardless if the IAoE mod were to be added
if your build is close to a jewel socket you pretty much always take it (as long you got the currency to get a decent 1)
"
Shmez wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
Agreed, I was quite disappointed to see this mod missing as well. I had hopes that I could make a Cyclone character that wouldn't have to travel up to the Templar/Witch start for the area radius, for example.

I'd really like to make a Frenzy-based Cyclone Ranger using foils, but she's so far from any area radius passives that I haven't bothered. If that could be solved by jewels - that'd be elegant. :)

This is a horrible reason not to make such a character. Even your run of the mill 2H Axe Cycloner only takes 16% AOE radius from the tree. The rest comes from the Inc AOE gem, Cyclone Quality, and Master of the Arena notable, which are all accessible to a Ranger.

Foils have the same base range as 2H Axes (7, highest in the game). You can easily pull off a Frenzy Cycloner!

Yeah, I know it's doable of course. It's just that without the 20% from the templar or witch passives, the Inc AoE gem feels required. With either or both of those nodes, it isn't, and using Conc Effect isn't too punishing. I just like to have options.

As suggested by others, I think a 4-5% radius affix would be great on jewels, and give us a lot more options. Or, they could add a passive cluster somewhere in the ranger/shadow side of the tree that mimic the templar/witch clusters - that might be even better to be honest.
"
SjakaWaka wrote:

And lets be honest Jewels are strong regardless if the IAoE mod were to be added...

your avoiding the point. They are strong regardless of the aoe.
If you add aoe to them they become stronger.
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 10:10:52 AM
GGG fairly obviously would want to limit the maximum AOE possible in the game, there's already many nodes on the skill tree (Scion, Templar, Witch), several uniques (carcass jack, divinarius), and a support gem to increase AOE. Not having a mod isn't a 'huge oversight' its a design decision, you can't roll it on any piece of gear so why would you expect to roll it on jewels? They've given a massive amount of new mods for jewels for every combination of damage type so I don't think any build has a hard time finding jewels that help them.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
you make a good point about that

i agree that there should be a limit to how far you can stack IAoE
Just wish it was available on other parts of the tree then NW
"
voodoojin wrote:
"
SjakaWaka wrote:
IAoE is indeed strong won't deny that.

but a 4% modifier wouldn't be that strong on its own.

if that were the case there wouln't be increased AoE nodes on the tree...

the 4% modifier is not on its own, it comes along with bonus stats

and it would be too strong BECAUSE there is already aoe on the tree.

/ in order to make this jewel possible they had to reduce the overall aoe on the tree which just makes the player shift over to getting more aoe from jewels
That doesn't make any sense. By that logic there wouldn't be any block on jewels cause it's already in the tree. Or any attack speed. Or any damage mods.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
there is one for facebreaker.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Martial_Artistry

Also I would like block reduction on jewels at least. Fucking unfair in pvp that only sword get it now that all weapon attack speed got upped.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 28, 2015, 12:15:44 PM
"
SjakaWaka wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. By that logic there wouldn't be any block on jewels cause it's already in the tree. Or any attack speed. Or any damage mods.

of course it makes sense, beause the same logic does not apply to other things.

increased aoe just gets a different treatment as for example block/dmg or whatever, because it can have a huge impact on skills. thats why the devs take care its hard to get.

the reason why tendrils build got gutted, before 2.0 you could turn lightning tendrils into a sorta ranged ability which is not intended apparently. They changed it.
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 12:18:26 PM
I think there could be a unique one limited to 1. (that is not unarmed only ofc)
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info