Huge oversight in possible Jewel mods

Hi, I've recently come back after being away for a long time, like a year, so the jewels are new to me.

However it took me no time at all to notice there isn't an "Increased Area of Effect Radius" modifier on any Jewels.

Surely you shouldn't discriminate against any type of build, so I thought I would bring it to your attention.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
brainsare wrote:
Hi, I've recently come back after being away for a long time, like a year, so the jewels are new to me.

However it took me no time at all to notice there isn't an "Increased Area of Effect Radius" modifier on any Jewels.

Surely you shouldn't discriminate against any type of build, so I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Which build are you playing?

There is an increased Area Damage mod so you won't be missing out running AoE skills.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
brainsare wrote:

Which build are you playing?

There is an increased Area Damage mod so you won't be missing out running AoE skills.

I think he meant radius, so for example if you were a non crit reave ranger with swords you could still get some increaes area radius
Agreed, I was quite disappointed to see this mod missing as well. I had hopes that I could make a Cyclone character that wouldn't have to travel up to the Templar/Witch start for the area radius, for example.

I'd really like to make a Frenzy-based Cyclone Ranger using foils, but she's so far from any area radius passives that I haven't bothered. If that could be solved by jewels - that'd be elegant. :)
Last edited by Ceri on Jul 28, 2015, 3:33:52 AM
"
Ceri wrote:
Agreed, I was quite disappointed to see this mod missing as well. I had hopes that I could make a Cyclone character that wouldn't have to travel up to the Templar/Witch start for the area radius, for example.

I'd really like to make a Frenzy-based Cyclone Ranger using foils, but she's so far from any area radius passives that I haven't bothered. If that could be solved by jewels - that'd be elegant. :)

This is a horrible reason not to make such a character. Even your run of the mill 2H Axe Cycloner only takes 16% AOE radius from the tree. The rest comes from the Inc AOE gem, Cyclone Quality, and Master of the Arena notable, which are all accessible to a Ranger.

Foils have the same base range as 2H Axes (7, highest in the game). You can easily pull off a Frenzy Cycloner!
Last edited by Shmez on Jul 28, 2015, 4:27:36 AM
"
Shmez wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:

This is a horrible reason not to make such a character.

While that may true, I imagine GGG's reason to not add more AoE radius possibilities is because (theory) "AoE's look pixellated and ugly when blown up too much"

If that's the case, vanity, it's an even worse reason. There's no balance reason why it shouldn't be possible to grab more AoE radius if you want to sacrifice passives doing so.

@first reply: Similar builds to the ones mentioned here, also a tanky Ice Nova scion.
I agree there should be increased AoE jewels.
as it would allow more AoE builds at the bottom/Right side of the tree.

tough they shouldn't give to much tough (4% maybe ?)
thats simply not in because it would be too strong
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 6:55:38 AM
"
voodoojin wrote:
thats simply not in because it would be too strong

This. Even just 4% increase with nothing else on the gem would prob be worthwhile, how much a rare gem etc.
IAoE is indeed strong won't deny that.

but a 4% modifier wouldn't be that strong on its own.

if that were the case there wouln't be increased AoE nodes on the tree

and its no like a build typicaly has that much jewel sockets
5 jewels is already a fair amount wich would translate in 20% -> is the same as an AoE cluster

the main problem is that AoE is somewhat restricted because of the positioning of the nodes in the tree. Jewels could solve this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info