Getting FPS dips to single digits. Fresh windows install,

I've been wanting to do a fresh install of windows for a while now and PoE dropping to single digit FPS on spikes got me to finally do that. Problem is I got PoE first after a brand new install and I'm still getting the FPS drops. My current specs are i7 2770k, Radeon HD 6970, 12gb 1333 Ram, and a 10000rpm HDD. Not sure why I'm getting these drops. My PC should be able to handle this no issue. I usually run full settings around 50-60 FPS not including the dips.
Last edited by Merix on Jul 27, 2015, 11:29:02 PM
still need help. Can provide any extra info if you need.
I unfortunately have noticed this as well. Running a 3570k, gtx 780 and 16gb of 2400 ram. Used to be around 200fps.. now its down to 30 at some points... opening the shop for example brings it to under 10 some times. Would love a fix for this as the game is basically unplayable at this point.
Same
Usually I have around 100-140 fps but if I join a group it goes sometimes down to 8-20 (no specific skill seems to cause this).

Happens since 2.0 and the fun thing is that in comparison my spec can run witcher 3 on max without framedrops.
"
Entch3n wrote:
Usually I have around 100-140 fps but if I join a group it goes sometimes down to 8-20 (no specific skill seems to cause this).

Happens since 2.0 and the fun thing is that in comparison my spec can run witcher 3 on max without framedrops.

I can also run witcher 3 un ultra 1920x1080, doesn't really matter because the more expensive hardware you purchase the more you realize how poorly optimized a lot of games are. I get these 0 fps lag spikes all the time, the freezing from having your FPS drop from 125-147-250 to 0 is extremely blatant and ruins the game. What almost gets me killed though are the harddrive related issues where the game freezes when players join, when you encounter new mobs in a fresh map, burning / desecrated ground, or exiles in boxes. I hate the tempest league, and I hate the map system. Alching maps and being forced to run these horrible laggy mods with even more laggy tempest mods. Desync goes away and new issues arise, what are you going to do.
Did a complete reinstall of path to see if that helped. Did not. Really could use some help.
Make sure Windows 10 and/or PoE is using your graphics card, and NOT integrated graphics in your CPU.
Last edited by hurrak4n on Aug 7, 2015, 1:17:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info