Stonebeak (Village ruin boss) is ridiculous, even as a level 68 Zana map version

I have 50% physical reduction against generic 75 mobs, fortify, and arctic armour and this guy still easily hits for 2500+ damage on a non-crit when scaled down to level 68. I've yet to beat him on any character, be they tanks or glass cannons or anything inbetween, even in under-level Zana versions of the map. My level 17 ice golem gem, with 12.5k HP and Fortify, is dead in 2 to 3 shots in the 68 Zana map.

How the hell are you expected to even beat this guy? Are my options: RMT so I can play one of the 5 million dps builds, or get in a party with such a rich dude?

Trying to pull him out to get into a wider area is basically saying "hey, here's my back for the next 10 seconds, please feel free to pump it full of your super arrows". The area he's in is so narrow I can't seem to use whirling blades to consistently get out of his Vaal Rain of Arrows spam, and death is basically guaranteed if it hits, and even his normal attacks hit so hard that even with good stun recovery I'm still stunned just long enough for him to attack me again before I can start moving.

Does anyone have a winning strategy for this guy? As long as Stonebeak doesn't casually one-shot me in the process I can deal with the second boss that comes with him by dragging him away from Stonebeak and then waiting until he charges to deal DPS. But I can't seem to find any sort of tactic against Stonebeak.
Last bumped on May 18, 2016, 11:17:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's just a retarded boss.

They enrage when one of them dies, so you should seperate them, bring them both low, then kill them. Tbh if you ask me they should just megascrew the archer up hard.

It's already good enough that it will disable you for long enough that you will be a feast for the hound if you just charge in there like a madman. That's good enough for a bossfight, that you need pay attention how you handle, but when handled right it's fairly straightforward, you don't need to make it so that each of them individually are stronger than nearly any other boss outside the big oneshotters.

The archer vs a melee is a massive joke. I had one map

I also ran it with 40% attack/cast/move speed from zana.

I thought it would be hilarious even though i am melee, so i ran it after i had dinged knowing full well it would rape me hard.

I seperated them and manned up to the dog wanting to see what happened if i just went at it nobrainer style. I'm at 9.6k hp with fortify and had granites up, and another potion with resists to mitigate the ele weakness plus i reach single target leech cap i think. It killed me straight up in 3 bites.. Without being enraged... Fine.. i ignited my brain and brought it low with little other issues..

Then i went to the chicken boss. Went at it head on again to see what would happen. Died after some fighting there(disabled most of the time so just warping around waiting for expiry). Ignited the remnants of my brain and again brought it low with no issues.

Fine.. Let's go kill the dog. Dog down. Now to kill the no-hp left enraged chicken fucker. I tried to get near but before i even saw it i was disabled and never left the disable, just got splatted hard. Went at it again. Exact same thing happened, never had a chance to get near got disabled at long range nearly instantly and then pretty much just died right away. This isn't damage that can really be dodged, it's just plain old in your face targeted monster skills/autoattacks. Anyways, i had one portal left and i wanted to end this chickenhead. Instance crashed. Ah well...

I know, i probably picked some of the worst rolls possible and that doesn't prove a point, but this is raping nearly 10k hp in only a tiny bit of the disable time of the chicken rain of arrows. Even when i got it in random zanas it was still hitting abnormally hard, but the disable is so utterly retarded. What can a melee do?

The only thing i tried that reliably killed me faster was double dominus with -25max and extra projectiles.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 28, 2015, 3:10:58 AM
Overtuned, died to them as well on a 69 Zana Map (Tempest, 6,2k Hit Pool).

Okay, its my fault, i knew that all a4 bosses are overtuned in maps, but i just wanted to try. Poor(dumb) me. Never again im going to try an a4 boss. End of Story.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I tried that 79lvl map after leveling.

I had 6.5k life and 27% physical dmg reduction. The bird boss took my 5k life away with one shot ...

So just stay away from the bird boss, if you wanna save ur exp.
Trading still sucks
Last edited by Hynova on Jul 28, 2015, 3:21:30 AM
Also died to those on a level 73 Zana mission. Not fun, but at least now I know it wasn't completely my fault.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
This boss was super retarded as lvl 75 PA Ranger.

I had not that much of a Problem with this Chickensucker!

But as fully evasion / Acro build the DOGBEAST IS totally BROKEN

He oneshot Evasion chars with 3k+ HP i know i have not much. But any other Monster at this lvl was nowhear near a problem due to immense 7Frenzy + Tree lifereg + Immortal Flesh Lifereg i can facetank whole packs with only 3k hp at 72 maps.

But this beast deals pure physical and a very hard bleeding on top of it.
Thats just overkill for evasion builds.

Got him also in a Zana map and i died with my 4 last portals (only he was left and i thought i can kill his 10% hp left)

He Oneshottet 19% Quality lvl 18 Rejuv Totem and also my Golem with HP support gem...

This Boss is way to retarded fr this lvl ATM.

Jm2C
Same thing here,...

The dog killed me 3 times already (5k life, 40% dodge, I use a totem, TC and a chaos golem)...

But the chicken is even worse!

Why is one of the strongest bosses in this game a chicken btw? Well, at least GGG has humour: "Are you a chicken? => I wish I was!".

It's just a pity Zana gives them so often. Even in low level maps they are superdangerous. And I had them once on the double boss with increased damage and attack speed variant.

I think they should tune them down only for when they appear in Zana maps. When they spawn in their own 79 map, they have the right to be so hard.

Last edited by Soepkieken on Jul 28, 2015, 4:46:55 AM
You had trouble with the dog, as a PA? How did you manage that? The dog is 100% melee, pure kite tactics.

I don't know about Zana map village ruin tbh, might be OP, can imagine that.
Just died to this like an hour ago and decided to do a bit of research as to why I died. Maybe I should have read this first because I didn't know they enraged when 1 of the bosses died. I also did not know the Chickenguy used vaal rain of arrows until he hit me for 7.5k. It was my fault that I died in the end... when I placed my totem into the arena and saw his split shot kill it in 2 hits I should have known this was an overtuned boss and left... but I had not looted my 79 map back from the Roa boss or the monsters in the map so I decided to attempt the boss anyway for a chance at getting my map back. Silly me :)

Edit:
My map mods, I tried to roll an easy map just to test it out before going all in on the rest of my 79 pool.
Last edited by Xagulz on Jul 28, 2015, 2:58:33 PM
Spoiler

Nothing to see here. :D

P.S. if you can affor to socket/unsocket culling it's all fine, even though I had Oro's which always culls. :D

I dunno, chicken seems pretty obvious to me, it aims up for vaal rain, an for the rest of the fight you can use enfeeble/TC, if map has curse immune I just leap slam over it with AA or cast AB on it, and it gets chilled. I don't know about ice wall but it might help a tonn too, especially vs the bear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info