Help/advice on my build

Fairly new player so I'm still learning how things work.
Basically playing a Shadow summoner, focusing on skeletons and zombies, with auras and 1 or 2 curses to make them more powerful.
I was planning this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLMPqxEtE3EU9ha_Fy8Ziho4Go8c3B0UHaoi9CSLJLAmlScvKPosRiycL28y0TQxNI41kjqdPL1BckGHRUdFfEWORnFI50ouSshNuVBCUzVVS1XWWK5Z81qRXqVh4mTnZp5o8mqsa9lr22wLbRluqnC7cg97w3yDfRh_xoCkgseC5IMJhWCGO4hAiq-MNo6-jxqPRpARkDOQVZMHkyeboaEvogCmrKcIp6WofarEr2y0DLXytz64k7lDvJq-ir-XwGbBxcM6yT3JZ8rTzLzT-9WL2L3ZE-GI6-7sGOyK7UTwH_Ie9tr31_no-tL7CfuL_gr-Sf_T

I got the staff stuff because I'm using Dying Breath to improve auras and curses but was considering using Flicker Strike to add some extra damage along with my minions.
Would this build be viable? Can I do the end game stuff with it with decent performance?
Keep in mind I have no desire to have the absolute best build or fastest clearing times.
Last edited by vukani on Jul 27, 2015, 8:11:40 PM
Don't try to build a melee-summoner hybrid. It won't work. For example: by spending points on melee nodes you couldn't invest in mana/manaregeneration. You won't be able to sustain all the summoning with that little manareg.
Besides you won't have enough sockets on your gear for all the summoning stuff AND a properly supported melee skill.

If you want to play summoner concentrate on summoning. I'll recommend zombies + spectres instead of zombies + skeletons. Use skeletons on a spell totem just to distract enemies (if using skeletons at all).

Shadow is a bad starting choice for a summoner as none of the starting nodes contributes to that kind of build. You better start as witch or scion. The mana/manareg nodes are useful for a summoner.

Just have a look at some of the summoner builds in the witch builds list so you get an idea of how to layout your tree and what gems to use.

BTW Plan your tree with 100-110 points.
Alright, thanks for the info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info