Divination Cards Farmable? I think not.

Did five instances of merciless Crematorium in the hopes of getting either Vinia's Token (10x Orb of Regret) or The Chains That Bind (six-link body armor). Nothing. Nada.

But in over 100 combined instances of the middle path of the fourth act (mines, belly, etc), I've gotten one set of Gemcutter's, and these:

With +58% increased item quantity.

Divination Cards are not the farm-able thing you had declared they would be, GGG. There are too many different types of cards for the same areas and they barely drop.

For instance, I've gotten a grand total of four The Gemcutter's DCs. That amounts to one and a third Gemcutter's Prism. I've found three actual Gemcutter's Prisms already. I'm better off just stacking IIQ and farming a map for experience and get the items directly than it is to farm an area hoping for a card to drop.

Buff the drop rate of the cards by like 500% or something. Or better yet, don't make them chance drops. Make them the evasion counterpart of drops; have the game calculate how long you have been regularly farming an area and force a drop after a certain point. And keep the random chance drops as well so it randomly rewards as well.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Jul 28, 2015, 2:51:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I let others do the farming for me.

/shades on
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

/shades on

Yeah, cause you've got plenty of money, have the time to flip currency and items, and have RNG on your side.

DCs weren't meant for you.
Like, you just got free extra loot that drops from mobs.

Don't expect the cards to drop the same or even better rate than what the item drops in the main game.
Also 5 instances is literally nothing for the cards you mentioned, if you'd drop 1 in 10 for regret and 1 in 40-50 at least for the 6L armor I'd say you are talking about smth closer to reality.

100 combined instance also really doesn't means much, the cards that drop have varying drop rate, and some areas have no drops at all.
"
Natharias wrote:
"

/shades on

Yeah, cause you've got plenty of money, have the time to flip currency and items, and have RNG on your side.

Your premise is flawed.

GGG stated specifically they could be farmed or traded for when they where released, read the divinition card post made by GGG.

The community assuming it was aimed at self-found players is just that, a faulty assumption which leads to trouble's when the realization is made that they where wrong.

And you did 5 instances of crematorium and expected a return? I know people that did fellshrine for 3 days in order to get a card. your expectations are way off.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 27, 2015, 8:20:57 PM
"
KillerB wrote:
Like, you just got free extra loot that drops from mobs.

No, I didn't? I just got more pointless stuff I can't use. I've gotten a grand total of ONE, ONE Gemcutter's Prism.

Wow.

"
KillerB wrote:
Don't expect the cards to drop the same or even better rate than what the item drops in the main game.

Well yeah, if you know GGG.

"
KillerB wrote:
Also 5 instances is literally nothing for the cards you mentioned, if you'd drop 1 in 10 for regret and 1 in 40-50 at least for the 6L armor I'd say you are talking about smth closer to reality.

Yet in those five instances I've gotten countless chromatics (both in raw drops and from item links) and a few regrets that I've already used.

Five instances is nothing. But a hundred? And only a handful of cards that require upwards of 10ish?

"
KillerB wrote:
100 combined instance also really doesn't means much, the cards that drop have varying drop rate, and some areas have no drops at all.

A hundred is a lot. And I don't know what game you're playing, but no area has no drops.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"

/shades on

Your premise is flawed.

GGG stated specifically they could be farmed or traded for when they where released, read the divinition card post made by GGG.

The community assuming it was aimed at self-found players is just that, a faulty assumption which leads to trouble's when the realization is made that they where wrong.

And you did 5 instances of crematorium and expected a return? I know people that did fellshrine for 3 days in order to get a card. your expectations are way off.

Peace,

-Boem-

Do you even realize how hypocritical your post is?

My thread's title: Divination Cards Farmable? I think not.

What you posted:

"
Boem wrote:

Are you reading what you're posting?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344956/page/1

There are still areas where no divi card drops have been reported, most of the maps I play didn't drop me cards, I still think that the carddrop rate is pretty damn fine, and The lover card could probably use some tradoff between drop rate and usability, that thing drops 4-6 avg/necro map, while the set is 2 cards.

All Boem said that while the cards can be farmed (farming has different types like korean grinder games), if you try to solo gather them (with the mentality of sure I'll drop a volls card in an hour or two), you will probably fail, hard.
I remember doing a full week of beta runs full for the Voll card.

7 days

Not a single card.

Not a single fucking card.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
KillerB wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344956/page/1

There are still areas where no divi card drops have been reported, most of the maps I play didn't drop me cards, I still think that the carddrop rate is pretty damn fine, and The lover card could probably use some tradoff between drop rate and usability, that thing drops 4-6 avg/necro map, while the set is 2 cards.

All Boem said that while the cards can be farmed (farming has different types like korean grinder games), if you try to solo gather them (with the mentality of sure I'll drop a volls card in an hour or two), you will probably fail, hard.

I'm not looking to get 999 cards that give me 999 Mirrors of Kalandra.

They simply aren't farm-able like GGG had said they would be.

Almost all of my instance runs since the Awakening have been in The Harvest, where I had a Hoarder (one exalt) drop. Just the one card in about sixty or so instances. Then four Gemcutter's from the mines and crystal veins areas, which all dropped within the first quarter of my runs. After that, it's as if GGG had turned off the switch and no other cards dropped.

The first thing that dropped in Aqueduct was Humility, and no cards after that but I only did that instance about five times and only got two characters through it to Highgate.

I'm going to try farming the, logically, most common card and that's the Scholar. 40 Wisdoms for a full set from the Library. But I don't have any hopes up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info