The new mapping system worked.

"
TheWretch wrote:

Please don't devolve into personal insults. Your analysis was weak at best. Using that as a springboard to declare that the change to maps works as intended and is good for the game is still highly debatable. It's presumptuous of you to claim as such and is not supported by any overreaching stats other than one guy's achievement.

Sry Boem

-The Truth-

Except of course, that i am making no such claim.

My claim is that GGG reached there targeted goal with the change. Don't put your personal emotions/goals into this, they won't serve you.

Is this targeted goal good for the game? I assume only GGG knows that since they have the data. But again, this isn't relevant to this thread.

you trying to depict that it is, is of no value to me. But feel free to put words in my mouth or make assumptions based on your reading skills.

Peace,

-Boem-

Spoiler
hugs'n'kisses bro, this gonna be good eh.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
This is ridiculous even by you so hold on let me get this straight, It worked because ONE single guy who has MORE time then even myself and resources be it from trade / donations / fans etc.

Means the mapping system is fine? Am I seeing this right like that is not fine.

To be fair, he didn't say the system was 'fine', he said it 'worked'. Which is to say that the goals of the developers were achieved. They wanted merciless a4 to equal early to early-mid mapping - which it does. They wanted a more clear delineation of entry-mid-end game maps, and they got that with their tri-category rolls. (20/40/60 mods). The upper level maps are harder to sustain (ahem...understatement).

Would tend to agree with OP based on what I've seen so far too.
"
Boem wrote:
I assume only GGG knows that since they have the data. But again, this isn't relevant to this thread.

Maybe you'd like to review the click-bait title you gave the thread then? lol

Gratz on destroying the point YOU were trying to make though
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 27, 2015, 5:46:06 PM
The least annoying thing in the world is for someone to be technically correct. Yes, technically they did what they set out to do. But lots of people seem to hate them for it. So if all they have to show is " hey we did what we meant to do" then all I have to say is "gratz?, now fucking fix it"
I have 4 76's left and 2 rows of 72's in warbands at 89 character level(alching every 74+)

Yes, map system is working...
I dont get why you look at ppl like EE-Hup.

He's a streamer with good community support. I dont consider that thing as a normal player;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
yungwhiz wrote:
The least annoying thing in the world is for someone to be technically correct. Yes, technically they did what they set out to do. But lots of people seem to hate them for it. So if all they have to show is " hey we did what we meant to do" then all I have to say is "gratz?, now fucking fix it"

Well i only voiced my opinion on the mater since people seem to draw the conclusion that because Etup reached 100 in the same time-frame, that's somehow a basis to ask for a reversion of the mapping system as a whole.

Easily neglecting that he had to put himself in more danger to achieve that goal and required more currency and "time pooled" to do it.

As to your second notion, that's up to GGG i suppose. One has to question himself though, why would GGG go down this route if it was not sustainable for them to do so?

It could very well be that it has an entirely other impact on the game then they desired and if that's the case we will most likely see some patches dedicated to fixing this.

Or they could simply increase the map drop-rate over time in a given league. Making high-end maps more available towards a mid-league season etc

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I dont think people are really understanding what Boem is saying in his original post tbh. Hes looking at what sort of maps he had to roll etc, and hes right.

Personally I think it is a good thing, people should be rewarded for rolling hard maps. Good imo, I like it.

not that Boem was saying its a good thing, just that it is a thing and its a thing they were aiming for. It worked, whatever your opinion on it is, if its a good or bad, it was intended and worked.
"Let's fuck up the whole sustainability of player's map pools and force then to use all of their currency and risk dying to the rippiest of maps IF they can actually be blessed by RNG to even play them, because... Well, because one streamer gets carried to lvl 100."

Seems about right, solid logic there.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dont think people are really understanding what Boem is saying in his original post tbh. Hes looking at what sort of maps he had to roll etc, and hes right.

Personally I think it is a good thing, people should be rewarded for rolling hard maps. Good imo, I like it.

not that Boem was saying its a good thing, just that it is a thing and its a thing they were aiming for. It worked, whatever your opinion on it is, if its a good or bad, it was intended and worked.

Tsk, tsk. You're bringing comprehension, logic and rational thought to a thread on the POE forums. That don't fly here. This is the Internet, bruh.

I myself spend a lot of time playing POE but I have no desire to commit myself to the already masochistic and depressing amount of grinding required to reach level 90, let alone 100. Every time GGG makes "end game" content even more unachievable it makes me try and savor the reasonably achievable content all the more. This change is just more of that. I agree with Boem, they achieved their (and Boem, that's how you spell that word ;-) ) goal. GGG doesn't believe everything in the game should be available to everyone so they keep taking little bits away with every patch. Welcome to Wraeclast.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Jul 27, 2015, 7:37:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info