Herald of thunder not working?

I don't see any lighting. Nothing.
Are you shocking enemies? OT only pros when you kill shocked enemies.
"
Ellerean wrote:
Are you shocking enemies? OT only pros when you kill shocked enemies.

What? From when? Before 2.0 I was using it and it worked with curse on hit. Now nothing.
I think you are remembering something wrong. Heralds haven't changed since they came out. HOT adds lighting damage to hits, but the lighting storm only procs when you kill a shocked enemy. If you are not shocking it won't cause the storm. Also if the duration of the shock is short, then you have less chance to kill while they are shocked.

The only relationship to a curse might be if you used Conductivity or something else that caused more lighting damage or duration. However the HOT itself did not change.

The status ailments changed with 2.0, so maybe that's what you are noticing. From the patch notes:

"
Elemental Status Ailment Rebalance
To provide incentive for players to invest in a particular type of elemental damage or specific status ailment, we have modified the durations for freeze, shock and chill.

Freeze, Shock and Chill now last for 60ms for every 1% of life dealt by the appropriate element, up to a maximum of 50%.
When frozen, you are also chilled for the freeze duration + 300ms. Previously this value was 30% of the freeze duration, but that was sometimes too short or too long.
Last edited by harddaysnight on Jul 27, 2015, 3:48:14 PM
"
harddaysnight wrote:
I think you are remembering something wrong. Heralds haven't changed since they came out. HOT adds lighting damage to hits, but the lighting storm only procs when you kill a shocked enemy. If you are not shocking it won't cause the storm. Also if the duration of the shock is short, then you have less chance to kill while they are shocked.

The only relationship to a curse might be if you used Conductivity or something else that caused more lighting damage or duration. However the HOT itself did not change.

The status ailments changed with 2.0, so maybe that's what you are noticing. From the patch notes:

"
To provide incentive for players to invest in a particular type of elemental damage or specific status ailment, we have modified the durations for freeze, shock and chill.

Freeze, Shock and Chill now last for 60ms for every 1% of life dealt by the appropriate element, up to a maximum of 50%.
When frozen, you are also chilled for the freeze duration + 300ms. Previously this value was 30% of the freeze duration, but that was sometimes too short or too long.

Thank you vety much. I was using crit shadow with static strike. So is possible that many mobs was shocked. :)
"
harddaysnight wrote:

"

Thank you for this thorough response. You've cleared up the questions I had about the changes to HOT. Good work!
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info