[2.0 HC Tempest] 8.35k+ Life 9% Regen Blood Magic Incinerate Tank

"
AwesomeHazz wrote:
I hoped you would show on the video, but you keep me wondering, how much tooltip dps does your incinerate actually have?

Good point, sorry I didn't think to show that. My tooltip is currently at 13.1k damage. It can go higher, once I get 3 blue, 1 green, and 2 red on my chest. Then I would substitute Iron Will for Faster Casting (a quality one). That should help provide a nice boost, given that cast speed pairs so well with Spell Echo.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
More information added!
In since 0.8.0
I'm level 68 now and using bm to cast Incinerate in a 5l. Got a Tooltip-dps of 4,1k with gmp and a total healthpool of 4.670 life.

I have to admit, that this build at my current state feels pretty tanky and still awesome in dps. It's really fun to play.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

could be better, but im working on it :)

Current Tree:
Last edited by chAzR on Aug 1, 2015, 5:28:17 PM
"
chAzR wrote:
I'm level 68 now and using bm to cast Incinerate in a 5l. Got a Tooltip-dps of 4,1k with gmp and a total healthpool of 4.670 life.

I have to admit, that this build at my current state feels pretty tanky and still awesome in dps. It's really fun to play.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

could be better, but im working on it :)

Current Tree:

Thanks for your post and thoughts! I noticed you stated you were using GMP. Although this does help with a little bit better coverage with Incinerate, I found that I cleared quicker with LMP. Plus, it reduces your damage less than GMP does.

I'm curious to know how your experience has been with Saffell's Frame. I liked having a high armor shield (I craft cast speed on it) because of the defensive armor buff. Have you had any issues with melee or phys damage using Saffell's?
In since 0.8.0
Your skill tree can be optimized.
There is no need to pick Born to fight, Path of the Warrior, on the top when you travel to Purity of Flesh, you can also pick 2 int node of left side and then don't need two str node close to Elementalist, with this 20 int perhaps you won't need 30 int node.
I died yesterday at level 75 while mapping with a buddy but i was clearly my fault not a build flaw or such

Long story short: i just dashed in the wrong neighbourhood and got recked by multiple discharges, pretty awfull but hey, i've learnt my lesson.

I'm currently leveling the same build again and i am pretty close to level 50. This time i'm playin with lmp instead of gmp for test purposes. The damage is clearly better with lmp but gmp was nice too. atleast in my level range, as stated above, i had no issues with gmp.

The boost from saffel's frame was nice, especially i had a jewel with "+spellpower while wielding a shield". Goin a bit more tanky this time and use a armor based shield with highlife/res and craft castspeed on it

Hi, cool build.

I have a suggestion. Replace your Iron Will gem with Faster Projectiles, and take the keystone for 1 passive point. You will get the benefit from strength from the keystone instead of the gem, the increased spell damage will essentially be replaced by the increased projectile damage, and you will get a huge increase in range from the Incinerate from the faster projectiles.

I have not tried this out, but I got the shrine which increased projectile speed and my incinerate went off the screen and that gave me this idea. I think it should work.
"
mosasaur152 wrote:
Hi, cool build.

I have a suggestion. Replace your Iron Will gem with Faster Projectiles, and take the keystone for 1 passive point. You will get the benefit from strength from the keystone instead of the gem, the increased spell damage will essentially be replaced by the increased projectile damage, and you will get a huge increase in range from the Incinerate from the faster projectiles.

I have not tried this out, but I got the shrine which increased projectile speed and my incinerate went off the screen and that gave me this idea. I think it should work.

Iron Grip is not Iron Will.
Hi Kungfooe,thanks for your build.

I leveling atm,just level 41.

You die recently?
I am thinking of crafting 0.2 fire leech on scepter and then for 5L use iron will instead of life leech to boost dps, but I am not sure if 0.2 is enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info