Some advice for a beginner ranger on hardcore tempest?

Hello everyone, I just started the game today and it's really... entertaining. I'm a beginner player and I chose hardcore-tempest as my game mode, because I decided I was up for a challenge. This is my first character and my goals are to take it as far as I possibly can. Currently I'm only level 11. (I stopped to write this post) and here are my passive tree goals by level 21(22?).

Passive skill tree build

As you can see I'm going for a Physical bow damage build. Currently I'm just spamming split-shot at everything and it seems to be working pretty well, but as the game progresses I can easily tell that this isn't going to be what I want. Another thing that caught my eye was Puncture which allowed me to easily kill the guy in the Warden's chamber simply by kiting. I've noticed that it does quite a bit of damage, but I'm not sure how it will fare moving on in the game.

Most guides expect that you already have a main that can get the gear that you need and aren't really beginner friendly. Gear/gem dependent build guides aren't really fair to newer players as they don't have easy access to things like that, unless they just get lucky or it's a quest reward.

Currently I've just been enjoying the game and farming out identification scrolls. I'm about three levels over my current zone. I don't have any friends that play PoE so this is really a solo experience for me, however quite fun. Seems like gear is really hard to come by though. Currently I'm equipped in Coral rings, a +30 dexterity neckless, and a yellow bow that does Physical/fire damage at 1.5 attack speed (+46% physical, 1-3 fire, +12 dexterity).

I have absolutely no idea where I want to go with this build, I just want to keep having fun, but my goal ultimately is not to die. heh.
Last edited by DevTucker on Jul 27, 2015, 10:17:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info