Nerf the game crash boss please :)

Just died at lvl 78 while entering lvl 67 (The Dried Lake) zone in act4 merciless of Tempest league due to game a crashed with the "Out Of Memory" error. I had 6.2kHP, 3k+ armour & way over ele cap resist.

NOTE: I understand that hardcore league deaths are permanent and I am not expecting character restores. Only reason of this post is to provide details of the crash incident for technical team.

* The game started crashing for me since the lunch of awakening. In almost every session of roughly 2-3 hrs, the game crashed for me at least once.

* I was playing solo and my latency normally remains between 20-32 ms when playing solo.

* I play in "Windowed Fullscreen" mode, so I can access my other monitors (I have 3 monitors).

* Before entering the zone I checked, there was no tempest in the zone.

* All of the crashes I've experienced so far have been at loading screens (It could be a coincidence but I noticed that 90% of the crashes happened when I clicked outside the game window while the game was on loading screen)

* Since awakening I switched my settings to lowest GFX and texture quality for better performance.

* I do use a loot filter shared by one of the famous POE streamers on twitch, I am guessing a lot of players would be using the same.

Update 1:
* Running 64 bit Windows 8.1 with 8 GB Ram
* AMD/ATI GPU with 4 GB of GDDR5 Memory

Adding Application Error Details from Event Viewer for the killing crash from yesterday

Spoiler

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 7/26/2015 10:22:40 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: <REMOVED>
Description:
Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55b08f17
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17736, time stamp: 0x550f42c2
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000e5624
Faulting process id: 0x10188
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c81733a8a995
Faulting application path: <PATH REMOVED>\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: <PATH REMOVED>\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: bc344c68-340e-11e5-8204-00241dcf9108
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Update 2:
Just encountered same error again on softcore when entering Highgate zone, attaching screenshots of error messages.

There are 4 messages that get displayed one after another as I click OK.

Spoiler

DxDiag.txt can be found at the following link

http://pastebin.com/D7wAKm7v

Note: Already tried the following

- Reinstalled DirectX version from game's _CommonRedist folder
- Deleted the production_config.ini file
Last edited by Razthol on Jul 28, 2015, 12:02:50 AM
Do you have a 32-bit version of Windows or less than 4GB of RAM?
64 bit Windows 8.1 with 8 GB Ram

Also if it helps I launch the game through steam.
Last edited by Razthol on Jul 27, 2015, 10:27:05 AM
Do you have any other processes running when playing Path of Exile?

Any browser tabs open? ANYTHING else in the background running besides Steam and Path of Exile?

If so, try shutting them all down and see if the problem still happens. It shouldn't be happening if you have a 64-bit OS and 8GB of RAM. If you really are running out of RAM, something else is going on.
As mentioned in my original post I have 3 monitors and I do run other apps at the same time while running the game, these applications were there even before Awakening lunch and never had this issue before (I've not installed anything new that runs at the same time as POE and all other games still run fine with these applications running in parallel).

I highly doubt if the issue is really related to system running out of memory, I know this because it shows the usage in Task Manager Performance Monitor and with all the Apps and POE running together it never goes past 50-60% (I've verified this several times).

I think E_OUTOFMEMORY error is a general message for handling any exceptions that occur during texture loading into GFX Display Cards Memory (not the system memory) within POE.
Original post updated with additional info
Looking through your errors posted, you're getting an exception code 0xc0000374 which is a heap corruption.

It could be software caused, but it can also be memory chip caused.

I'd run a Google search on that exception code and take a look around at some of the suggestions. Maybe one of them can help out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info