For the love of god... (another pants thread)

"
Cergic wrote:

"
Scottish warriors

Were poorly equipped and usually got their asses handed to them by the Englishmen which had better equipment and armor. Also, just a "few" hundred years past the Roman empire era when you discuss Scottish warriors or Scotland as a whole.

Heh, good point.

Anyhow real life comparisons are meaningless at the time the game loses a lot of potential players due to its missing pants predicament. Too many people are repulsed by it, it's not even funny :O
And all these years, I haven't even seen a dev reply on this.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jul 28, 2015, 1:40:03 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:

(vote for pants here http://www.strawpoll.me/5038443 )

your list is missing the most obvious thing... TRADING FIX

Here it is: http://www.strawpoll.me/5038479
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1365869 Announcement Infographic
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1382084 Next Expansion Prophecy
Last edited by Forum_scanner on Jul 28, 2015, 2:25:53 AM
I have a different issue - the Scion's deep blue yoga pants. They're not flattering and there's nothing blue that goes with them. They make the Scion look frumpy, they don't blend in with PoE's grungy armour styles, and there's no way to take them off. Please find her something cool to wear.
"
RogueMage wrote:
I have a different issue - the Scion's deep blue yoga pants. They're not flattering and there's nothing blue that goes with them. They make the Scion look frumpy, they don't blend in with PoE's grungy armour styles, and there's no way to take them off. Please find her something cool to wear.

Agree. If pants were more ...popular in this game, you wouldn't have to constantly see them. Although duelist and shadow having black pants at least fits with most of the gear you wear. The irony is that most of the gear a shadow or a duelist would wear, is designed to cover their pants as well.

"
I have over 40 characters and use all seven classes. Not all of them are wearing mtx.

All of them have pants. Several in-game sets of armour have pants.

No one complained about this in Titan Quest, where your character started in a toga and fuck all else.

Get over it.

People complaining about pants are not delusional. If every character you have has pants then good for you, although I find it highly improbable. My experience is quite different - every character I have does NOT have pants, with the exception of my full leather armor duelist (who has pants anyhow). Besides, we all know that the characters suffering from pants loss is the witch, templar and marauder (for whom it is somehow justified lore-wise).

I don't know if anyone complained about it in Titan Quest and I don't think there is a reason for us to care. Another game suffering from lack of pants doesn't justify the lack of pants in this game.

I can understand if you like being pants-less and disagree but saying "get over it" is rather, no offence, silly, since I took the time to make a thread like this in the feedback forum and saying I've been complaining about it for years...

No, I won't "get over it" especially since it repulses a lot of people just enough (some enough to call it hideous) to prevent them from exploring this game in depth and see why it is worth playing.

Last edited by RestInPieces on Jul 28, 2015, 4:39:36 AM
"
Cergic wrote:

Right. Now google "Templar". Coincidentally also the name of the class.

Ok, so i want a white cloth with a red cross. What? There is no christian church in Wraeclast? This Wraeclast templar could be different? ;)

"
Cergic wrote:

There is "no time" in PoE. Something i've been told over and over when i've tried to play that card myself.

So GGG can design their armors the way they want, can't they? Why a templar MUST have a pant then?

BTW you can buy a lot of armor skins with pants if that bothers you. perhaps one day GGG will introduce pants, shoulders, toe rings....but this will require a rebalance. I prefer GGG to work on adding content than working on useless aesthetic features that can be dealt with the cash shop.
Spoiler
"
Zzabur wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:

Ok, so i want a white cloth with a red cross. What? There is no christian church in Wraeclast? This Wraeclast templar could be different? ;)

"
Cergic wrote:

There is "no time" in PoE. Something i've been told over and over when i've tried to play that card myself.

So GGG can design their armors the way they want, can't they? Why a templar MUST have a pant then?

BTW you can buy a lot of armor skins with pants if that bothers you. perhaps one day GGG will introduce pants, shoulders, toe rings....but this will require a rebalance. I prefer GGG to work on adding content than working on useless aesthetic features that can be dealt with the cash shop.

"

Not the point. The Templars are typically always associated with heavy armor (which is the topic we are discussing). I'm not sure why you suddenly decided to focus on ornaments/decoration symbols rather than the topic ..

"

Yes, they sure can. And i've never said that a templar must have pants. You, however, were the one that exemplified different nations/cultures and justified the LACK of pants by time and era. Not me. Question yourself in that case.

"

Not sure if this is adressed towards me. If it isn't, ignore.
I never said that i was very bothered. I'm not anymore, and i have MTX to cover up the legs anyway. I'm simply poining out the flaws in your raised points.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Cergic wrote:

Google "sexy templar". Google search works way better when you add the words "sexy", "nude" or "naked".

The templars I found wear about as much cloth as the PoE templar. So it's fine, I guess. At least accurate. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 28, 2015, 9:21:24 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:

Google "sexy templar". Google search works way better when you add the words "sexy", "nude" or "naked".

The templars I found wear about as much cloth as the PoE templar. So it's fine, I guess. At least accurate. ;)

"Google search works way better when you add the words sexy nude or naked"? Someone is doing too many naughty google searches! I kid, I kid!

Anyway to the point - the templars you found wear about as much cloth as the PoE templar, BUT with the "small" difference that they are all beautiful women in dresses etc not scrawny old men lacking clothing coincidentally only in the private part area. So... not so accurate!

Lack of pants is seriously wrong in this game. And if you don't mind it, you should all still take it seriously because it does repulse a LOT of people. I realized that after discussing about it multiple times in gaming communities, tried to convert friends from Failablo 3 and the reaction of nearly everyone after seeing a pantsless POE character. Open your eyes, it is a huge minus for the game itself.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jul 28, 2015, 10:47:22 AM
Totally agree with the OP, i just can't understand why there is this lack of pants it's crazy, maybe for some microtransactions purposes ? As they are making the lowest efforts to design some decent stuff even for the high stuff there are honestly just very few skins that can be considered as "good" without paying, something that i can eventually understand but to make decently skins of bad taste and incomplete would be too much but once again i don't know.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Jul 28, 2015, 12:54:16 PM
That's why I bought the apprentice pack. Apprentice body armor has nice black pants.

Now my Marauder can walk through Kaom's Stronghold without his balls catching on fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info