Error with direct3D device

I have no graphic card installed at my pc. Any possibility that the game might work? (didn't work until now. Same direct3d error of the topic).
Tks
"
luisgmandavar wrote:
i dont know if this will help or if it is the same issue, but i was getting an error "Failed to initialise Direct3D" wile opening the game. I noticed that it would only happen when i had my Mumble client open. I closed down my voice communication program and the game started normally..again i dont know if this will help anyone but this worked for me.

Thank you. Worked for me.
Last edited by foxsym on Jan 26, 2013, 2:52:36 AM
"
foxsym wrote:
"
luisgmandavar wrote:
i dont know if this will help or if it is the same issue, but i was getting an error "Failed to initialise Direct3D" wile opening the game. I noticed that it would only happen when i had my Mumble client open. I closed down my voice communication program and the game started normally..again i dont know if this will help anyone but this worked for me.

Thank you. Worked for me.

Same here, if i launch Mumble before PoE, have Direct3D error.

If i launch it after, no problem (but don't have the overlay)
In regedit find HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Direct3D\Drivers\SoftwareOnly and set it to 0.
If it's not there, just search for Direct3D. This starts the game for me.

I had to revert to a previous version of my graphics driver for the game to run smoothly.
Last edited by NForcer on Jan 30, 2013, 1:06:39 PM
I just went to redist folder in path of exile and reinstalled dx with dxsetup _ works!. =D
for stop this bug desactivate overlay of mumble ;)
Awesome.

Was having this issue as well but the fix worked. Thanks a ton.

+1
To DamageIncorporated
Send some money his/my way and I will! =)
No need to be rude, everyone is trying to help. I am having this issue, and I am about to delete the production_Config.ini file myself.

I have an old HP laptop and it does have a pretty old graphics card. I played LOTRO on it with ZERO problems right up until their update 10 patch, then I couldn't start the game at all.
It had all these various attempts to fix, including deleting a similar file and even altering some lines within the .ini file. Still didn't help. I realized there was no hope, so I went to World of Warcraft and still play there on my old laptop.

My son contacted me and said he was playing this game, PoE and he was on an older laptop as was his friend so I should be OK.

Did the download, then the update patch, tried the login and got this error we are all talking about here.

So, if deleting this .ini file doesn't work I am quite sure nothing will, not worth suffering over. I can go play WoW until they update beyond my laptop.

I am not going to go buy another computer any time soon just to play an MMO. Maybe for Christmas.

Best of luck everyone and gain DamageInc. be polite, OK? Saying rude stuff in a forum just gets you blacklisted and you don't want that, ESPECIALLY when you need help! =)
My video card is integrated intel HD graphics 4000, and the same error is happening to me... Can anyone help me? :)
i have an InvidiaGeforceGT740m graphic card and the message "couldn't find any compatible direct3d device" keeps comming up, and the game doesn't work.
It did work before.
i need help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info