Raycheetah wrote:
There is a brief discussion of this here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18610/highlight/

...Including this possible solution:

"
Zeeth wrote:
Found fix

Thanks Rory

I'll pass this on to others, but my first thought might be to delete this: "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini", which should reset your game settings - If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll try something else out!

I still dunno how that works, since I am a computer illiterate, so if anyone can confirm it works, please elaborate! =0[.]o=

I had the same problem, and after deleting this file I could start PoE without any problems!
Tried re-installing and updating drivers before, none of those helped however.

Okay... Let's pretend Spotti-Kitteh dunno where to delete a file. How do I do that, please? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
*BUMP!* for help? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The solution described below does, indeed, work:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18610/highlight/

"
Zeeth wrote:
Found fix

Thanks Rory

I'll pass this on to others, but my first thought might be to delete this: "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini", which should reset your game settings - If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll try something else out!

The listed file can be found in "My Documents" (windows xp) or just "Documents" (vista, win 7), in the My Games/Path of Exile folder (thanks, Malice!); simply delete it. If all you see is "production_Config," that's what you delete.

I can confirm that it does work for the error "Failed creating the Direct3D device." Seems likely to work for the "water cannot be rendered" error, as I had that one, too.

Hope this helps any recent Exiles who run into these issues. =^[.]^=
im getting the same error and i have no clue how to fix it. i deleted the file that was suggested but nothing happend
"
sMazHeD wrote:
im getting the same error and i have no clue how to fix it. i deleted the file that was suggested but nothing happend

PoE requires a video card that supports at least Shader Model 3.0. What model of video card do you have?
can anyone tell me if my card is too slow - Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller - thanks

i'm having same issue as op btw
"
secopsycho44 wrote:
can anyone tell me if my card is too slow - Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller - thanks

i'm having same issue as op btw

Unfortunately that is not supported.
i dont know if this will help or if it is the same issue, but i was getting an error "Failed to initialise Direct3D" wile opening the game. I noticed that it would only happen when i had my Mumble client open. I closed down my voice communication program and the game started normally..again i dont know if this will help anyone but this worked for me.
Last edited by luisgmandavar on Jan 17, 2013, 8:52:30 PM
Get with the times and get a real pc...
And educate your self.
Solution:

- If you have an Nvidia graphics card, then thats your problem--> Nvidia uses program-specific use of the card, so when PoE launches, it automatically selects your CPU to run graphics, which can't. Adding the "Client.exe" to your programs list and force it to open with Nvidia still won't work. What you need to do is go to Global Settings tab (in your Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3D Settings) and select Nvidia graphics card as the default processor for all tasks. This worked for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info