Error with direct3D device

"
okay, new development. I went to the microsoft web site and downloaded and installed direct x. I went to DXDIAG on my computer and tested direct 3d. passed all of the tests perfectly and direct 3d is enabled. yet when I start POE, it says no direct 3d. Do I have to re-install POE?

You need to buy a better card , sry (again)..
Your card only supports pixel shader 1.4 (3.0 req)
And Directx 8.1 (9.req)
Answered in another thread made by you..
"
is from 2002 I believe
Sorry , You need a card that supports Dx9.0 and Pixel shader 3.0 so no go
(There is a Beta 0.9.4 Bug Reports forum) Easier to get answer there..

Rgds ,
L

Posted by Lazze
on 9 december 2011 02.50
Beta Member

"
Sorry, your graphics card is almost as old as Diablo II. It won't be able to run Path of Exile because it doesn't support Shader Model 3.0.
Codewarrior

Posted by Rhys
on 9 december 2011 02.47
Grinding Gear Games

**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
"
Lazze wrote:
"
okay, new development. I went to the microsoft web site and downloaded and installed direct x. I went to DXDIAG on my computer and tested direct 3d. passed all of the tests perfectly and direct 3d is enabled. yet when I start POE, it says no direct 3d. Do I have to re-install POE?

You need to buy a better card , sry (again)..
Your card only supports pixel shader 1.4 (3.0 req)
And Directx 8.1 (9.req)
Answered in another thread made by you..
"
is from 2002 I believe
Sorry , You need a card that supports Dx9.0 and Pixel shader 3.0 so no go
(There is a Beta 0.9.4 Bug Reports forum) Easier to get answer there..

Rgds ,
L

Posted by Lazze
on 9 december 2011 02.50
Beta Member

"
Sorry, your graphics card is almost as old as Diablo II. It won't be able to run Path of Exile because it doesn't support Shader Model 3.0.
Codewarrior

Posted by Rhys
on 9 december 2011 02.47
Grinding Gear Games

do you know if 3d analyze can emulate the higher shader models? I have it, but I was wondering if anyone had any success with the settings.
"
do you know if 3d analyze can emulate the higher shader models?

Not tried it myself but I strongly recommend you to get a newer card. Even if you against all odds would get it to run , it would not be playable at 2-5 fps..
Poe is quite demanding for your Gpu , I got

Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Video Card Memory:
2.73 GB
In certain areas I turn off shadows to get a smooth gameplay.

Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
"
Lazze wrote:
"
do you know if 3d analyze can emulate the higher shader models?

Not tried it myself but I strongly recommend you to get a newer card. Even if you against all odds would get it to run , it would not be playable at 2-5 fps..
Poe is quite demanding for your Gpu , I got

Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Video Card Memory:
2.73 GB
In certain areas I turn off shadows to get a smooth gameplay.

Rgds ,
L

thanks for all of your help.
Have had the same problem since swapping my 8800GTS with a Radeon 5770 HD. Nothing I've tried has worked.
wow thanks guys just read through this whole thing, took me about 10 min but what ever, thanks guys for your help :)
LOL
for me it worked deleting the preferences from My Games / Poe

I'm having HD3000 and Nvidia 520mx
Im have same problem on GF9600GT !
There is a brief discussion of this here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18610/highlight/

...Including this possible solution:

"
Zeeth wrote:
Found fix

Thanks Rory

I'll pass this on to others, but my first thought might be to delete this: "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini", which should reset your game settings - If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll try something else out!

I still dunno how that works, since I am a computer illiterate, so if anyone can confirm it works, please elaborate! =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on May 9, 2012, 10:02:30 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
There is a brief discussion of this here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18610/highlight/

...Including this possible solution:

"
Zeeth wrote:
Found fix

Thanks Rory

I'll pass this on to others, but my first thought might be to delete this: "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini", which should reset your game settings - If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll try something else out!

I still dunno how that works, since I am a computer illiterate, so if anyone can confirm it works, please elaborate! =0[.]o=

I had the same problem, and after deleting this file I could start PoE without any problems!
Tried re-installing and updating drivers before, none of those helped however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info