Why was Zana lvl 8 daily mission base changed from lvl76 to lvl74?

It's going to be a little rant, but I'm quite disappointed with this change.

From a perspective of not extremely dedicated player(right now my main char in std is lvl 92) Zana daily was one of the main reasons to log in to standard league. 76-77 lvl dailies and occasional drop of lvl76+ maps kept me have fun playing my lvl 90+ char(playing maps below lvl 75 was mostly pointless in terms of xp and potential map drops).

I felt that a reward of high lvl daily map was well deserved for the amount o dedication needed to get Zana to lvl 8 (it took me around 3 months of daily rotations).

Right now while doing dailies I just rush to a boss with hopes of +2 map drop, instead of clearing the area.

I simply don't understand why this change was necessary in the first place, especially after release of 2.0 when map lvl range was increased from 66-78 to 68-82. Even dropping +2 map from boss in a pre 2.0 max lvl Zana daily would be just a first step into a new high lvl map pool.

I hope that GGG will reconsider this change and bring us back to the pre-awekening Zana daily lvl range.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The 0.1% of players (that are not you, and that you don't know) reached L100 faster than GGG thought right, so you have to suffer the consequences...

I quite frankly don't understand their reasoning... Why lock ordinary players out of content they're ready to play, and want to play, just to restrict the no-lifers? The only thing that generate is frustration and resentment...
"
Cyzax wrote:
The 0.1% of players (that are not you, and that you don't know) reached L100 faster than GGG thought right, so you have to suffer the consequences...

I quite frankly don't understand their reasoning... Why lock ordinary players out of content they're ready to play, and want to play, just to restrict the no-lifers? The only thing that generate is frustration and resentment...

Actually Zana only benefitted players that didn't play that much. If you only had 2-3 hours time a day getting at least one high map with Zana was a nice thing. The top-players didn't really cared about that because they likely run 30-40 maps per day and getting even in a full group 6 higher maps wouldn't do much to them.

This change really only hurts more casual players, since it was a possibility to even get some high maps and you didn't always get the highest one, there was some random involved as well if I remember correctly.
I haven't played standard since 2.0 so haven't done any Zana 8s lately. I remember her map levels were always random 74-77. Every other master gave a consistent level 76 area, but not her. Are you saying now she only goes as high as 74? If so, that sucks. If it's still a random range, then it's no different than before.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
It's random range but now it's 72-75.
Geeze... really? Seriously?

Fuck, I was looking forward to at least getting to play 76 maps once a day.

I've almost had it with this damn game.
Yea, one more boring change to the game, im feeling ggg is defently starting to feel like they lost the feeling.
Because GGG apparently dislikes high-level characters. I removed Zana from my hideout once I hit eighty-something.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
It's worth to note that high Zana maps can be dangerous and bring you out of your depth. Unsuspecting players might kill themselves on some timed mission or double Crematorium boss.

Better to stay safe in 72 - 73 range :p
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
What's different about this and the rollback of level-20 gems to 19 is that they aren't just nerfs or monster damage increases. It's a case where GGG has arbitrarily deprived players of hard-earned progress that involved many hours of investment in leveling gems and Masters. One of the main payoffs in grinding Zana up to level 8 was acquiring access to level 76-77 maps. As with requiring players to relevel their downgraded gems back to 20, revoking that access is IMO a breach of fundamental ground rules of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info