[Biased feedback] Doryani's fist item design

Any testing done with them with unarmed and using spells? I don't have a pair and this is something I wanted to test with them.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I did some testing but even a bad unique like
gave more dps. (tried with arc)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Any testing done with them with unarmed and using spells? I don't have a pair and this is something I wanted to test with them.

Khemnintiri's build design is the closest your going to get to efficiently utilizing the lightning damage for spells in my opinion.

I contemplated a similar concept, but i really wanted to stick with "ice crash" as a main skill for that TOUCH OF GOD build :). So i really wanted to be pure melee with this one.

The only skill that might be better of using these gloves would be spark, since every projectile fired would gain the flat dps bonus. But then again, you would lose out on cast speed/ spell% and flat lightning dps for spells on your weapon.

And spark scales extremely well of cast speed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I would like to add my agreement.

Using a max roll life sprig is better than a max roll doryani's. As u can still where gloves to boost the damage.

I can only think that the designer forgot that damage effectiveness reduces added damage from items when adding in the spell damage.

I vote for increased flat spell damage
"
Drayid wrote:
I would like to add my agreement.

Using a max roll life sprig is better than a max roll doryani's. As u can still where gloves to boost the damage.

I can only think that the designer forgot that damage effectiveness reduces added damage from items when adding in the spell damage.

I vote for increased flat spell damage
I was thinking back on these earlier, they could do something along the lines of "Spells cast while unarmed have 100% effectiveness". Im not sure how much damage that would actually come out to but i think itd be an interesting change. This would make spells cast while unarmed alot stronger because theyd gain 100% effectiveness from flat added modifiers.

They could even just increased the effectiveness based on the spell used and list them, keep them lightning based.

"Spark has 100% damage effectiveness while unarmed"
"Arc has 110% damage effectiveness while unarmed"

Like that, that would probably make their scaling much more on par with face breakers but keep them somewhat balanced because lightning spells have lower damage ranges.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 13, 2015, 12:31:03 PM
Op, i think you have missed one point, the most important of all: lightning damage SUCKS because the too much wide range between min and max damage
Last edited by Wispo on Oct 13, 2015, 12:47:31 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
Op, i think you have missed one point, the most important of all: lightning damage SUCKS because the too much wide range between min and max damage

No no no, the is the beauty of a superior element. Do not advert you gaze form the light of the paradox for instead of blinding you it will give you sight.

If you land on a high end the entire pack should be dead. The key is to have a lot of cast/attack speed so you hit that high end roll often. This minimizes time spent wasted.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
"
Wispo wrote:

No no no, the is the beauty of a superior element. Do not advert you gaze form the light of the paradox for instead of blinding you it will give you sight.

If you land on a high end the entire pack should be dead. The key is to have a lot of cast/attack speed so you hit that high end roll often. This minimizes time spent wasted.

I know of the tons of cast speed for "increasing the average". But if you are unlucky? Maaaaaany times with a previous toon of mine, there was infinite amount of bad streaks, and who cares packs... a boss drops you asleep waiting for lightning to finish the job. In the meantime, people destroys atziri with incinerate....
Last edited by Wispo on Oct 13, 2015, 2:05:33 PM
There are a number of conflicting or problematic factors on this unique. Generally speaking I believe the item is geared to the top half of the tree, and due to the nature of the skills available, the top left. This is a good section of the tree, IMO and offers some good build opportunities.

I think there are a number of ways to fix the underwhelming effect of the gem, which generally speaking would be levelled as something like Arc or Shock Nova. Adding more gems with increased melee damage, or increased elemental damage with a melee tag - for example would allow the item to be scaled better in this section of the tree.

Fixing another unique item, which was nerfed into oblivion due to being OP (Crown of Eyes) - or adding more "SPELL DAMAGE" on the board (or in gems, as currently there is only "MORE" which doesn't work) would go a long way to assisting this item too.

Here's one thing I would propose; "x-y Damage Added to Spells" should count as an increase in spell damage for the purpose of this helmet. If we don't allow this, then the ARC gem at level 18, when this build starts to unlock itself does MORE damage for a similarly built build (because you have access to more multipliers), and has loads more utility...

I would also suggest that the glove is very hard to build around because a 6L for the item is prohibitively more expensive than a 6L for any other build, unless you take EB and play life.
"
ihasmario wrote:
I think there are a number of ways to fix the underwhelming effect of the gem, which generally speaking would be levelled as something like Arc or Shock Nova. Adding more gems with increased melee damage, or increased elemental damage with a melee tag - for example would allow the item to be scaled better in this section of the tree.

There's plenty of unspecified elemental or lightning damage on the tree so you can easily spec it for hybrid attack/spell but Crown of Eyes is in a bit of a bad spot as the amount of spell damage on passive tree dropped over time as it got gradually replaced with elemental damage or other bonuses. The amount of spell damage you can get on gear is considerable, however it's concentrated on your hand slots and a hybrid attack/spell spec usually requires a strong weapon so it has little room for spell damage mods, which is a bit of a shame. There are some items with hefty bonuses, like doedre gloves, however wearing that along with CoE puts a big dent in your life/resist pool, especially considering CoE even has a res penalty.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info