Please reconsider Loot Sharing!

Individual looting would be the best choice here, I haven't read the thread but competition for loot in a party is stupid since it discourages team play and only lets people rush in into packs of mobs just to get that rare faster than someone else, it also frustrates me so I don't play in party and so do lots of other people since they want the loot that they think they need to themselves or to sell it. Individual looting would solve this so everyone can have their own loot drops and chance of getting magic and rare and orbs would be a way easier and less frustrating choice. I don't want competition, I just want to have fun and challenge in killing mobs and getting good loot to build up my character, not running around arguing who should get what depending on their character class or build. Diablo 3 did it right and I love them for that. There's no sense in competing for loot or a reason why the initiator or main damage dealer should get most or all the loot in a party since others are participating and helping in the party as well, be it healing, tanking, range support dps or magic dps, buffing and debuffing.
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Avatar Aang from the Legend of Korra.
Since every supporter of indivual drops seemed to think it was a good idea to scream in this thread, I want to clearly state I am in favor of the dev suggested solution of a short timer, and after timer FFA.

D3's system is incredibly boring IMO. A timer is clearly the best solution, gives you time to nab the drops from "your" kills. And gives you the opportunity to go through other peoples drops.
"
Derpfoot wrote:
This is the ONE thing that I hate about PoE.
I play it religiously but I cant deny that the loot system is, at best, archaic.

The argument for "decent groups can make agreements regarding loot" is hardly a good one when it just adds useless complications and conflict.
Its just a hassle. Yes, I play with some friends and we can agree about loot, but its just extra stress and hassle no matter what.

Instanced or split loot is the way to go, in this subject PoE shouldnt stick to the "classics". Its one of those features that's old and abandoned for a reason.

Its just a pain in the arse, what more needs to be said?

Not only do I agree with this, I also think we should have a round robin monster fighting assignment. When a monster magically appears from the grass we should click either I need to fight, or I greed to fight. Then the game should roll the dice and decide who is going to be allowed to fight it, then the fight should be automated since its too stressful for the average player anyway.
"
Fuuljo wrote:
Surely the best plan of action would be to add a distribution system that can be turned on or off.

This would be acceptable, but I don't want shared loot. FFA all the way.

It's way more fun.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
andymkay wrote:
Since every supporter of indivual drops seemed to think it was a good idea to scream in this thread, I want to clearly state I am in favor of the dev suggested solution of a short timer, and after timer FFA.

D3's system is incredibly boring IMO. A timer is clearly the best solution, gives you time to nab the drops from "your" kills. And gives you the opportunity to go through other peoples drops.

And who'd want a party member like that who just nabs your loot as well and doesn't ask if he wants this or that and should leave it? Not me. I'd rather have individual loot. Diablo 3 did it because it works and people like it and they did something different without being scared to do so and so far no complains were given. They had to make a change to this and they did, they also did other changes which were good, a game evolves and so should PoE through patches to make it more better for the majority of the people, not just a single small group that wants this looting system which a lot of people will not like.
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Avatar Aang from the Legend of Korra.
I'll throw my opinion in here too. I am for individual loot, completely. I currently do not group with others often because of that, especially not as a ranged character with melees. I'm actually not certain if there are already any precautions against a melee simply taking all the loot right as it drops, but the most effective is instanced loot.

Please consider it. I understand you may not want to move towards being more D3-like, but this may be a place where the game could benefit greatly from it.

"
Not only do I agree with this, I also think we should have a round robin monster fighting assignment. When a monster magically appears from the grass we should click either I need to fight, or I greed to fight. Then the game should roll the dice and decide who is going to be allowed to fight it, then the fight should be automated since its too stressful for the average player anyway.

Sarcastic straw man argument is sarcastic. I don't get why some people apply the slippery slope fallacy to every single god damn thing they hear.
Yup.
Last edited by SavageMinnow on May 21, 2012, 5:31:26 PM
+1 for this.

+1
I like the idea of a short timer system.
IGN : Jovial
FFA loot is a horrible system for co-op play. Leave it to the cut throat league. The individual loot of Diablo 3 is its best feature.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info