What am I doing wrong?

Bottom line: I feel so damn squishy. I'm struggling badly in Act 3 Merc.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Skills:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGjgc5yDwJ9Un7Si1LdIyCTa6OlI62ECgROdQR1BQVElWBFcNWGNZ818_YEtgiGFSah5qO3KpdO1253rvfLt82YZgjM-QVZHOns2fy6IApmSnMKeEqBipaKyqud3AGsRYxYrG2MmY0iHUj9lh37_kredS7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Kc9kj3vg==

Resists are maxed, minus Chaos. Life's at like 2.1k. I can get to 2.5k if needed. I guess my bigest problem is that my life steal just doesn't move up quick enough to keep me upright and that's with the Warlord curse and endurance charges (6).

I basically just curse, Endurance Charge Shout, Ground Slam until dead, or Heavy Strike the Blue/Yellow name mobs. I use the Taunt totem once in a while but it doesn't last very long. I've tried using Molten Shell. But that thing just lasts one swing it seems like.

Any tips would be great.

- Your HP is too low, should be in the 4-5k minimum if you are Act 3 merc (I guess you are in default, those 2.1K can't possibly keep you alive).

- Enfeeble is an overall pretty good curse (blue gem), reduces the damage mobs do by quite a lot. Allows you to get in there and shout before you get torn to pieces. Warlord is okay but won't keep you alive.
- A high level molten shell can add quite some armor, just keep leveling it up.

- Use auras, you have NONE ! How? Since you are blood magic, get at least GRACE (green gem) that will add some evasion on you. You didnt take iron reflexes, if you do that added evasion will go directly to your armor.

- Regarding you build, I am not sure I would have spent all those points on single elemental resists (The ones afetr diamond skin), I would have instead got the other diamond skin (+15% all res) the one on the duelist dex tree and from there get iron reflexes.

- Now you ask, why Iron Reflexes? Well simply because you took Unwavering stance, hence you cannot evade enemy attacks, makes it pretty "mandatory" to take up Iron Reflexes. They go very well together.

- Slightly modified you build giving you more HP and getting iron reflexes, try to look at it, also since you are using added fire damage, you better off taking up the elemental damage which is very close to you in the templar side.

This is just a suggestion, dont use it exactly, just showing you how you could optimize your build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDjwOrRQgFE0UcRjbGS4aOCFgJ-0otSmlLdIyCTKJOlI62ECgQ5xE51BHUFBUSVYEVw1X4lhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmo7cql07XTxdud35XrvfNmGYIzPkFWRzp65ns2fy6IApzCnhKgYqWisqrndu-3AGsbY0iHUj9lh3sHfv-St51LsOO8O707wH_Iv9kj3vg==

Peace!

Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled
Hey thanks for the response. Yeah definately Default. I'll take a look at the whole Iron Reflexes deal closer when I get some time.

With auras, I was using Anger but at this level and my next to nothing stat in INT, really DEX too, it wasn't helping that much. I'll try out Grace w/ Iron Reflexes, if I can equip.

I like Enfeeble but I don't have enough INT to equip sadly. Perhaps I'll make it happen.

4-5k health eh? Sheesh that's a lot. Am I missing some important nodes, or is it all found on gear?

Those elemental resist stat nodes were carryover for when I first got to Merciless. I can easily get to the max without them, just haven't specced out of them yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info