[QQ thread] How long does it take to actually DC after DC?

So... I´m kinda pissed I have bought new gear on HC (including lvl 21 anger) hour ago to test new awesome skill frost blades that I loved for almost 1 hour.. Since I´m not at home and I know connection here is not stable so I was mostly theory crafting and went to normal LEDGE not a map just LEDGE in act 1 to finish 20 lvl of gems that deleveled to 19 with this patch and were missing few exp.... When I was missing like 2 ledge runs for gems to hit 20 lvl I DCed. I have been testing and I don´t basicly get damage here. Anyway I DCed > log in back and what I see is Standard league... like really? How the f*ck can I die in 53 zone to disconnect with capped resi, some block/armor/ev, 6 k life and stuff?? Does it take game 30 seconds to actually log me off or what? This is XXth death to DC/crash (including my 99 lvl), always I did understand that because I was for example in boss room or just jumped into pack of mobs but in thit low zone?? Just how.

Does anyone know how long does it take game to log me off after I get flat-line on latency and just exit to log in screen? Or what does affect how long it takes? Because it deffinitelly had to be 10+ sec.
Ledge can spawn these Chicken-Man-Hybrids that eat corpses and bombard you like a gatling gun.
They do moderate phys damage if im not mistaken. Maybe the reason for the rip.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Ledge can spawn these Chicken-Man-Hybrids that eat corpses and bombard you like a gatling gun.
They do moderate phys damage if im not mistaken. Maybe the reason for the rip.

I wasn´t even close to mobs when I DCed >.<
It probably took it ages to figure out you were DC'ed, or just enough desperate packets managed to get through to delay it. In cases where I can tell it's hanging up I'll just force close the game to cut off its ability to kill my exp bar another 2 notches.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
It is supposed to be immediate but an "unstable" connection is probably what messed you up. The server probably thought you were still there. Sucks, I know, I used to live in an area that was like that. AT&T is also no longer in my life.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
Last edited by billyoatmeal on Jul 26, 2015, 10:43:09 PM

servers are totally screwed now

on europe Gateway the game freezes every 5 seconds

in us Gateway no freezes but totaly desync

what is lock-step again?

I get teleported across the hole room during intense fights cause teh Server cant Keep up,
bosses and Mobs are teleported around

the best was, I died from a bleeding effect only to be alive seconds later when Server cathed up ^^

if I would have to make a guess, it seems they just drastically reduced Server capacity in teh last few days ... hard to explain this differently

and if its just much more peole Login in now, get more Server capacity !!!

What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
Czech player here as well.
What gateway are you usually connecting to? I tried the new "Frankfurt" server, but it is totally unreliable for me. I rolled back to Amsterdam.
"
aldorus wrote:
Czech player here as well.
What gateway are you usually connecting to? I tried the new "Frankfurt" server, but it is totally unreliable for me. I rolled back to Amsterdam.

Tried Frankfurt changed to Amsterdam.
Im pretty frustrated but somewhat calm, but Ive honestly lost an 83/55/43 and a 37 today, all from my internet randomly disconecting while playing POE and my character remains in the game for say 10-30sec. I know POE wont refund etc cause we all signed up but its really retarted not to get booted immediately.

Before lockstep patch, I was able to be dc immediately but not now.. Im pretty well done with this game for the time being.
"
HoldenX wrote:
Im pretty frustrated but somewhat calm, but Ive honestly lost an 83/55/43 and a 37 today, all from my internet randomly disconecting while playing POE and my character remains in the game for say 10-30sec. I know POE wont refund etc cause we all signed up but its really retarted not to get booted immediately.

Before lockstep patch, I was able to be dc immediately but not now.. Im pretty well done with this game for the time being.

My losses are at 85/78/68/55

I know what you mean. Sucks getting that nice stall out just to catch up to being dead.

US server, 16 Ms to the Texas location, still getting the stutter of death

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info