[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

Last edited by streichholtz on Jul 31, 2015, 8:45:17 AM
Thanks for sharing your build, looks awesome. I'll try a BM armor version that i'll post here if you want. I guess you dont link fire pen because with 100% chaos conversion it wouldnt boost the dmg, correct me if i'm wrong.
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
Before 2.0 i was lifebased/armour/spell-block tanky inciner with mind over matter and tonns of mana. Atziri/78 rares - no problem. So i'm not a new in game.
In 2.0 i want to try smth new, with ES, and found your build.
I don't know how do you play, but it's extremly hard to live. I die a lot and really can't understand why. Leech doesn't help, in pack of monsters we can count to 1-2 seconds and then - ta-daaa! RIP.
Any mobs interrupting incinerate cast every time. I just don't say anything about bosses, where if you can't reach them immediately for leech - you will also die very fast. I try to use whirling blades to avoid the damage and it nerfes the stages of incinerate.
Did you try higher maps? Like Shrine or Crematorium?
Can you say a little more about your gameplay style and what should i do to be alive. Thank's!
"
Dr1v3r_13 wrote:
Before 2.0 i was lifebased/armour/spell-block tanky inciner with mind over matter and tonns of mana. Atziri/78 rares - no problem. So i'm not a new in game.
In 2.0 i want to try smth new, with ES, and found your build.
I don't know how do you play, but it's extremly hard to live. I die a lot and really can't understand why. Leech doesn't help, in pack of monsters we can count to 1-2 seconds and then - ta-daaa! RIP.
Any mobs interrupting incinerate cast every time. I just don't say anything about bosses, where if you can't reach them immediately for leech - you will also die very fast. I try to use whirling blades to avoid the damage and it nerfes the stages of incinerate.
Did you try higher maps? Like Shrine or Crematorium?
Can you say a little more about your gameplay style and what should i do to be alive. Thank's!

The problem was solved by replacing amulet with "eye of chayula". It is necessary not only with trio on Apex. You said it, but i just missed your update. Finally i want to say - thank's for an interesting build!
sampsala
I'll add your quote to the main post if you dont mind, thx for sharing the experience on tempest!

KuaiGon
You are correct, fire pen doesn't work with the build because of full chaos conversion.
Feel free to post bm life version and write how it works out for you, i'd definitely be interested to hear how it goes as i also considered going bm in the begining.

Dr1v3r_13
I'll make a change and include chayula into mandatory uniques list. Sorry for the rips, should have made that more obvious.
Can you post a skill tree progression, or am I blind and you already have? :)
Hello Zivko. Great guide so I'd like to help and add to it. I've been using your build on Tempest and I'll give my thoughts in a HC perspective. Sorry if I offend SC only people but we have to think differently about builds/gear to make sure we can live as long as possible while doing content comfortably.

I've had a 85, 89 and 94 (thought this one was going to 100) on Tempest already and this build is 86 and will be 90 in a day or so. I've done Incinerate in every form you can think of in temp leagues since Beyond (except low life because 6 link Shavs are just so common and cheap) so I've had a lot of experience on how this skill should feel while playing. Also, I think in terms of survivability and map clearing speed when planning my spec and gear. Both are equally important.

My levelling experience:

1. Your levelling tree is okay. You do take enough life nodes to be okay for an experienced player like me. I can kill bosses with much less health and resist than recommended. However, it was a little too low for my taste. Pre-map/pre-merc act 4 farming is all about getting there as quickly as possible without dieing.

2. For easy levelling I used a Reverb Rod for my incinerate and Tabula for 6 link Flame Totem from level 24 on. I used one Elreon -8 ring with no real stats other than the -8.

3. I used that setup for fast killing until about level 53 when I switched to Consuming Dark as a weapon. I put flame totem in the dagger and Incin in the Tabula and put on another Elreon jewelry piece (it was some crap -6 neck). This let you cast 6 link Incin no problem.

4. I stayed hybrid life/es until about level 74 when I did the full switch to CI. Here is my levelling spec (might be off a point or two) right before I switched to CI. I was able to switch to CI with zero regret investment, even having passive respec points left.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8DHgQHBiMHHgj0D6sQWBEvFr8fAh9BH8ci9CSLJpUqOCqNKworeCycLYsyNDbFNtg6WESrSRtJUUmxUEJTNVVLVa5Vxl3yXypfamHiakNsC20ZdFV_xoIQg9uHZYt6jDaPpo_6kyeVLpmanWOksayYr7e1SLb3wFTBxcM60NDXz9-K37Di9-WO62PsGOxV74jw1fFs-Tc=

5. Levelling was a breeze if you are experienced with the game already. Killed all the act bosses with no problem, no worries at all.

Now to setup for what I consider the real part of the game: mapping.

FIrst of all, here is my present gear setup:
Spoiler

And present spec at 86:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8DHgQHBiMNfA-rEFgRLxFQFdcWvxbzGYobJR2qHwIfQSL0JIsk2CY8KjgqUyqNKwosnCymLL8tqC9vL50yNDQKNbk2xTbYN2ZEq0ZxSRtLrlBCUzVVrlZjXfJfKl9qYlpilWwLbRlwu3RVf8aCEIMJhEiExYVthq6HZYt6jDaPpo_6kNaTJ5cGmZqbtZ1joS-ksabrpyusmK-3sZCycLQMtUi2976AvorBxcM6xKLK09DQ1YHYJNkT2Vvfit-Y37DhiOL35Y7pAuq662PsGOxV8Wz31w==

Important things to note are that I made survivability choices over dps ones. Chayula is necessary, even though it really hurt not using a neck I have that increased the my TT LMP dps by 2k. Really hurt. But you need stun immunity because of how CI chars survive (more on that later).

Of course the one time I forgot to quality a Infernal Mantle it gets the +1 gems corruption. Can't complain too much though because it only took me 4 tries. FOUR.

I'm working on trying to buy a a 550 ES shield. That would boost my ES a lot.

I changed to that strength belt over my Doryani's because I wanted that double strength to be able to level my strength gems to 20 then flip them for 20% quality and I wanted the +40 ES. So for double str, ES and more resists, I traded for 20-30% fire damage and chance to ignite. Once I flip them and get them levelled I'll re-evaluate but my belt isn't bad.

I don't think Molten Shell is very good at all for what will kill you. Enduring Cry and cwdt IC is pretty mandatory in a HC league if you actually want to get far. And I like Enfeeble far more than Warlord's. I will do the math later later but and Enfeebled boss pretty equivalent to being able to leech just a bit more, plus the risk of a one-shot is much less. If you want to go far in this ladder, you need many layers of protection.

MAPPING

This is the important part of the game to me (as well as being able to kill Atziri but I already see there will be no issues with this char). 2.0 has changed the way we map. We can no longer just use blue maps and expect a good map pool. Nope, now we have to do absolutely insane, suicidal shit we'd never do in the past (once you do 79+ maps and see the maps, you'll truly understand. the lower maps have easier mods). SO the test of a good build now is a build that can do that shit and doesn't have to reroll much if any mods. My last char that ripped could do ANY map mods other than this specific combo: Bloodmagic + No Life and Health Regen (but can do either as long as they are not combined). Some crazy combos required much more careful play but they were doing within a reasonable amount of time.

This build does have issues with some mods. I could Vaal Orb any map and be 99% confident I could do it if it rerolled into something crazy. I have a feeling I'll have a lot of bricks. But that's okay. This build is better than some others (e.g. if you are an RF focused build, you are f%^&$%'d on 50% of rare maps once you do 78+).

I'll have to come back and do them on this char before I can really assess the situation.

One thing people have to take advantage of to have higher survivability is the insane mobility of this char. Whirling blades (and yes 100% link it with Fortify. That buff is the best new buff in the game hands down. It's mitigation against EVERYTHING that isn't a DoT) with 44% move speed lets me position myself correctly and adjust on the fly as shit happens. You must use this. Don't think that every situation is a tank, stand still and right click afk situation.

Everything being said, I don't think that this char will ever make 100 in Tempest. There are too many potentially bad situations that occur and that is mostly associated with going CI. Life has the advantage of spam insta health pots in situations where a CI can't leech or can't regen for some reason so you stay relatively low ES and get oneshot by something that normally doesn't oneshot you. Most are escapable but I just see so much shit going on eventually that it'll catch up to me. I hope it doesn't but after doing hundreds and thousands of maps getting to 100, every bad situation you can think of will happen and that's when you'll die. I've already had situations like that through which I lived (obviously) but it got close.

I'll update when I can but great build idea so far. I like doing 100% chaos dmg.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Haderach99 on Jul 31, 2015, 6:40:26 PM
Haderach99
I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. And yea, this build does not forgive mistakes, its only defensive mechanic is leech and if you cant outleech the damage, its comes down to how good you are at evading things manually. That's where mobility and range come into play thou. For bosses like dominus i prefer going with faster projectiles instead of lmp and moving a lot instead of even trying to tank.
I know life flasks offer a lot of survivability so maybe some sort of hybrid variant might be better for hardcore leagues. I'm still not using vaal discipline, but that too helps out a lot with no life flasks issue of ci builds.
Aslo, rathpit, rainbows and rumi's can still provide a lot of block+spellblock, even with chayula. With 4x 1% block jewels, 2% block on gloves, 25% rathpit and 3% from tempest and perfect rumi's, it's possible to get 64/69 block/spellblock. It's a very expnesive set of gear thou.

P.S. I've just acquired +1 curse chayula and added enfeeble as a 2nd defensive curse. Lower accuracy, crit multi and _less_ damage help a lot against hard hitting mods.

Edit:

believers
Skill tree in the guide is the current one. i've hit 91 tonight and since i got +1 curse chayula i had to take +30 str node until i find a peace of gear with str so i could respec the tree for another jewel, but other then that, skill trees are up to date.
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 31, 2015, 7:57:18 PM
I have a six link mantle. Is a four link mantle +1 better than a six link?...or is mana the issue?
Last edited by Seanj0 on Jul 31, 2015, 11:04:26 PM
Just got to mapping level on Tempest and decided to start trying to corrupt mantles. What do you know VERY FIRST TRY HOLY SHIT

Of course I haven't played a build that uses a corrupted armor piece yet and forgot about that whole quality thing... RIP. Anyways, as a player who rarely gets to above 5 ex net worth in leagues, I have super mixed emotions right now.

In other news, the build is a lot of fun! Does seem squishy to heavy physical hits. Going to try to get an enlighten to pull arctic armor into the mix, and perhaps try running enduring cry. I run vaal discipline on faster casting (along with chaos golem and minion life) which helps quite a bit. I'd love to do a Increased Duration -> Faster Fasting -> Vaal Disc -> Vaal Disc 4L but sadly I don't think the build can fit it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info