[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

I m wondering why are you using 2 curses, you dont have whispers of doom, so mobs can have only one curse, cant they ?
xarkon69,

Hes using a "Eye of Chayula" Unique amulet that is corrupted giving him +1 to additional curses.

Scroll down to "Current mapping and Atziri farming gear" on page 1

Click Jewelry you'll see it there.

**Side note not for this build

There is "Whispers of Doom" passive "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse"
Last edited by TheWanderers on Dec 27, 2015, 10:39:51 PM
Shouldnt spell echo be linked to incinerate?
"
milo808 wrote:
Shouldnt spell echo be linked to incinerate?

doesnt work as of 2.1
edit:

I'm not sure you can calculate two times the increased damage on incinerate and on dot, because dot is a % damage of the main spell and it's calculated yet. Like burning damage.

I read the Talisman and Poison Questions and Answers from Bex, but there is something that is not logic.

I wrote in that thread also, for a clarification. I asked to GGG to post the formula or explain with some data examples.

Anyway, interesting build.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Dec 31, 2015, 11:11:05 PM
Do you think it is worth spending 6 Points for Fatal Toxins?
"
Ayonix wrote:
As always, it will depend on your specific gear/tree a bit, but the ranger increased projectile line is a far better choice. I crunched the numbers for the hybrid totem build, and 6 points for +125% poison was better than 1 for 10% increased spell damage, but projectile damage double dips for poison, so is much better.

Also worth considering is 2 passive points for 37% increased DoT and 5% skill duration. If that 5% acts as a more multiplier on poison (it well may *not*, I'm not sure how fast poison is ticking) it's better than the fatal toxins, but still worse than 10% projectile/chaos damage.

The only way to have those two options viable before 100 is to have no good jewels at all, making 2-3 points for one a bad deal. In addition to raw damage, jewels can have things like projectile speed that can make a big difference.
"
RoyalStar wrote:
edit:

I'm not sure you can calculate two times the increased damage on incinerate and on dot, because dot is a % damage of the main spell and it's calculated yet. Like burning damage.

I read the Talisman and Poison Questions and Answers from Bex, but there is something that is not logic.

I wrote in that thread also, for a clarification. I asked to GGG to post the formula or explain with some data examples.

Anyway, interesting build.

Poison damage is based on initial hit damage and then further scaled by chaos/poison/dot/projectile dmg and multiplied by void manipulation. It's very clearly explained by developers.

"
Ayonix wrote:

No, it isn't.
Only nodes that affect both incinerate are worth picking up since survivability in this build comes from leech. Considering completed build does already more poison damage then incinerate damage, there's no need to scale poison further.
60k incinerate already kills packs in 2-3sec so you only notice poison on rares and bosses, which already die fast enough and dmg is not the issue, survivability is.

There are better ways to spend 6 pts, its best spent on jewels or more projectile damage which is right next to ballistic mastery and scales both incinerate and poison, as Covenant pointed out.

@Covenant
DoT is additive with inc dmg from proj/chaos, it's not a multiplier.
"
ogrec wrote:

Poison damage is based on initial hit damage and then further scaled by chaos/poison/dot/projectile dmg... It's very clearly explained by developers.

I would to know more about formulas, and where the formula is clearly explained, ty.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jan 2, 2016, 10:14:28 AM
Noone wrote a formula, it's basic math, addition and multiplication no different from any other skill in the game.

You can read everything about how poison damage is scaled in this thread and calculate damage yourself depending on what sources of damage that scale poison you have.

TL;DR version if you dont feel like going trough all that text:
Poison damage is 10% of initial hit over 2 sec and it's scaled by chaos, dot and poison damage nodes/gear.
If poison is applied by a projectile, it is also scaled by projectile nodes.
Poison is also affected by Void Manipulation support gem.
Last edited by ogrec on Jan 2, 2016, 4:41:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info