I noticed something about the playerbase

Reading through many topics on here and on reddit, it seems like we more or less have 2 types of players now.

Players that want a challenge, and players that want to feel godly overpowered and faceroll the game.

I have no idea how one game could possibly satisfy both of these audiences. I always thought the permanent leagues are imbalanced enough for anyone to get to play god. (just checked, there are onehanders with over 500 dps lol :)

Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Jul 25, 2015, 4:19:50 AM
Seems like it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
your powers of perception are astute young padawan.

Carry on.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
No idea? Really? How about a difficulty slider like almost every other game including D3 and TL2.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 25, 2015, 5:07:53 AM
"
widardd wrote:
Reading through many topics on here and on reddit, it seems like we more or less have 2 types of players now.

Players that want a challenge, and players that want to feel godly overpowered and faceroll the game.

I have no idea how one game could possibly satisfy both of these audiences. I always thought the permanent leagues are imbalanced enough for anyone to get to play god. (just checked, there are onehanders with over 500 dps lol :)

I love challenge, my best game ever is monster hunter series.

I love hard games.

But i don't like poe 2.0

the game is maybe challenging, but you have to play one of the mandatory build with the mandatory items or you will get rekt by near everything and die, die, die and die again.

GGG nerfed everything in 2.0, making 80%+ of builds useless and garbage.

this + the shitty map drop make the game really frustrating.

i like the challenge, but i have to spend like 15 hours to find a 78 maps, make the map in like 10-15min and get back to 15 hours farming to find another good challenging map.

that's bullshit.

GGG themselves said they don't like mandatory items and build, they like diversity.

but they nerfed eva and ES to the ground, and nerf all builds, now only 5-10 builds are playable, and all of them needs items like lightning coil.

[Removed by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Jul 25, 2015, 7:24:16 AM
I love this game and i play it on and off.The only reason it isnt my main game, but just my go to game when nothing else is out there. Is simply because they always keep nerfing builds instead of rebalancing other builds to be equal.
@Stodderkonge
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No idea? Really? How about a difficulty slider like almost every other game including D3 and TL2.

lol. This.

/players 8
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Broken ≠ Hard

Stupid balance decisions that lead to (even more) boring meta doesn't mean anything is harder. Everything is simply homogenized.

Also, there is no challenge in grinding 73 maps at level 85 (which is really EASY) to get maps to progress any further. This is not challenge, this is not hard. So if you are to make "distinction" between types of players, make it accurately, because from my point of view you only want to make yourself look good as a "hardcore" player, who likes challenge.

But then lets take a look at builds you are using for new leagues:
- SRS
- Ground Slam Erqi Marauder

You call for challenge and game being hard, YET you play two of three EASIEST builds around. I think it speaks for itself.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Ok. You didn't satisfy them though. The low difficulty slider people are going to complain that their drops aren't good enough to progress to the harder difficulties. Unless of course you make all the drops the same, in which case you'll be faced with "why would I ever play on a hard difficulty if I don't get more loot/exp? I'm forced to play easy mode."
In a week or two, someone will post a build that the rollers will love.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info