Currency Watch! - Chaos orbs to Exalted [ WB ] [ T ]

exalts rising in price

people raising exalted prices for items.

inflation is fantastic!
I personally changed the economy on Invasion. I was buying 10k of alts and jewelers daily for linking items out of boredom and actually making good currency return. The servers cannot support this amount of currency blasted thru daily.

After three weeks of this Jewels and alts that were regularly 20:1c and 10:1c went all the was down to 13:1c for alts. and 7:1c for jewelers

I am 100% sure it is the Real money trade farmers ruining it. They do not care what price they have to pay for a chaos. They will farm and farm and farm even if chaos went 100:1exa.

They know if they drive up the price of exalts it directly drives it's price of real money for it.

They system is they ban together and control the price never being at a lost.
One day they will buy all the exalts 20:1c then the next day sell them all for 22c, then try to buy all exalts for 20-21c, next day sell for 23c.

You see the trend and if you look at the length the league has been going on it kinda follows this. Not only that but the market will blindly follow what they see 20 people buying and selling for in chat.

So there you have it Real money trade ruined POE, I suggest they decided on a flat currency for chaos trade if GGG was smart. 20/30/40 to 1 I don't care just do it now to stop letting them abuse the players.
Last edited by jota1500 on Aug 18, 2015, 12:40:08 PM
Why play the league if you aren't ready to deal with the consequences of the oversaturated econ
anything is everything
Time to update. People are buying for 70:1 on trade 1.

We're dealing with. We just want to figure out why this is happening now. And it will be the same the next softcore temp league.. Or even worse?
"
Rajaion wrote:
Time to update. People are buying for 70:1 on trade 1.

We're dealing with. We just want to figure out why this is happening now. And it will be the same the next softcore temp league.. Or even worse?

Well there are a few things that changed in this league:

1. Chaos Orbs are more common... a lot more common, this of course makes them less valuable. With the expectation that 40c should be one exalt the real trade-value doesn't establish that quickly since a lot of people still feel 70c for 1ex is propably too much, but maybe it isn't and just represents the new value.

2. GCP are more common again being able to buy them basically from the masters for wisdom scrolls and the like it is easy to do the recipe. There are also divination cards making them more common which are actually easy to farm.

3. Regrets got a lot cheaper, and I assume it is mostly due to how easy it is to level up a new char. Maybe they also increased the drop-rate on them, but I can't say that for certain.

With all that there is a lot more you can trade for exalts. And even with the chaos orbs alone it would shift anything else. People would expect with more common chaos orbs it would be easier to get some Alts with Chaos etc. but that doesn't really happen. Since all the trading is fixed on Exalts... its basically PoEs Version of US-Dollars. So if someone gets an offer for his Exalts he will likely prefer the 70 chaos over 650 Alts, which will pull down the value of alts since they have to use more to get one exalt.
"

No it will be cool in next league cause less player will join it due to the actual flip game.
Hf :)
I suspect hoarders more than RMT. Did you know there is currently one person WB with no less than 72 mirrors?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Emphasy wrote:

Well there are a few things that changed in this league:

1. Chaos Orbs are more common... a lot more common, this of course makes them less valuable. With the expectation that 40c should be one exalt the real trade-value doesn't establish that quickly since a lot of people still feel 70c for 1ex is propably too much, but maybe it isn't and just represents the new value.

2. GCP are more common again being able to buy them basically from the masters for wisdom scrolls and the like it is easy to do the recipe. There are also divination cards making them more common which are actually easy to farm.

3. Regrets got a lot cheaper, and I assume it is mostly due to how easy it is to level up a new char. Maybe they also increased the drop-rate on them, but I can't say that for certain.

With all that there is a lot more you can trade for exalts. And even with the chaos orbs alone it would shift anything else. People would expect with more common chaos orbs it would be easier to get some Alts with Chaos etc. but that doesn't really happen. Since all the trading is fixed on Exalts... its basically PoEs Version of US-Dollars. So if someone gets an offer for his Exalts he will likely prefer the 70 chaos over 650 Alts, which will pull down the value of alts since they have to use more to get one exalt.

Chaos are not cheaper, it's the same rate for other currencies... 1:2/2:3fus etc...
The problem is the price of the exalted orb. If you check other rates, you see 1:120-130 fus...

"
reboticon wrote:
I suspect hoarders more than RMT. Did you know there is currently one person WB with no less than 72 mirrors?

I think I saw that guy. Trying to sell 10 FUCKING mirror..
"WTS [link 10 mirror] 940 EX."
Sure. I have some stash with 940 ex dude. we all got that :D
I wonder what his life looks like to get so much currencies.
Last edited by Rajaion on Aug 18, 2015, 5:53:15 PM
There is a thread up on reddit on how to make +1+2 staffs and +3 bows.

Looks like the exalts were actually use for crafting instead of hoarding.

Maybe thats why the price has skyrocketed.

holy sh*t..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info