[Deleted]

I have a question, how does Phase + Acrobatics match up to Iron Reflexes and armor nodes? Because, a huge amount of armor comes from Grace conversion, and increases with armor% nodes.

I have seen other non-mjolner builds use phase acrobatics to great success with uber atziri. Have you tried it before?
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Hi I'm back.

I've managed to lvl up this RT version to lvl 85. This is minimum lvl for this build to start working properly at the end game content imo.

And as promised - I've done some testing, comparing this RT variant with crit version based on "Revamped & Uber Farming Optimized Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0" by sgw9426. So without further ado...

Before we begin note this:

+ Everything you will read was veryfied by me in actual gameplay.
+ I did everything at least twice with both builds (so twice Apex run on RT version and twice on crit version etc) to get more reliable results.
+ I've recorder full HD videos @ 60fps of every boss fight with both builds and than played it back on slow motion for analysis.
+ I wrote down kill times and lowest hp drops, kill times were averaged and lowest hp drops were well... lowest hp drops noted in boss atempts.
+ Kill times were calculated using actual time periods when character was dealing damage to the boss (so I skipped Atziri healing phases etc).
+ While testing I do not had acces to lvl 21 puritis and I was using lvl 20s.
+ RT version was not entirely finished, It lacked 4 lvls to be completed - 4 armour nodes that would increase physical dmg reduction further and around 250 life BUT I was using iron skin granite flask on RT version to compansate for physical reduction.
+ In every boss fight I was trying to facetank as much as I could because these are the builds that we facetank everything with, yes, no?
+ I was using identical gem setups on both version except Atziri fight - on RT version I did her once with Iron Will and once with Life Leech while crit version was allways using Iron Will in Mjolner, also RT version was running Wrath on top of other auras.
+ I do not had acces to 6l King's Guard so there was no Fortify vs bosses wich helps greatly.

Common gear that both builds were using:

Other gear that Crit version was using:
Spoiler

Other gear that RT version was using:
Spoiler

Flask setup Crit version:
Spoiler

Flask setup RT:
Spoiler

Tree used by Crit version:

Tree used by RT version:

Common gem setups that both builds were using:

Auras:

Offence:
Trash attack:

Boss attack:

Mjolner:

Defence:

Key stats of both characters:

Crit version:
5088 life
300 life regen /s
84% fire res
79% cold res
83% light res
-15% chaos res
60% phys dmg reduction (without flask and charges)
70% phys dmg reduction (with granite flask)
36% increased AOE
4.76 aps Molten Strike
1.85 aps Cyclone
85% chance to hit
5 max power charges
7 max endu charges
Tooltip Discharge dmg with maximum charges: 18,5k
Average number of charges generated on single target: 4

RT version:
4278 life
0 life regen /s
Vaal Packt
85% fire res
79% cold res
84% light res
-25% chaos res
55% phys dmg reduction (without flask and charges)
71% phys dmg reduction (with granite flask of iron skin)
20% increased AOE
4.95 aps Molten Strike
1.95 aps Cyclone
100% chance to hit
4 max power charges
4 max endu charges
Tooltip Discharge dmg with maximum charges: 13,5k
Average number of charges generated on single target: 7

Test results:

Round 1: Facetanking lvl 76 Malformation Piety (clean, no mods)
Spoiler
Crit version:
Avg kill time: 20s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 22%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDzo44mF7E

Overall: Easy fight, HP drops to 50%/40%/30% when she penetrates with her beam but everytime it's quickly up to 100%. Feels safe but kill spead is only "OKish".

RT version:
Avg kill time: 13s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 37%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2tb2YWvHk

Overall: Easy fight, HP drops to 50%/40% when she penetrates with her beam but everytime it's even quicker up to full. Feels safe and kill spead is very good. After she's dead u must pop up remove bleeding flask ASAP.

RT version WINS this round.

RT version 1-0 Crit version

Round 2: Facetanking Apex Double Vaals (regular Atziri)
Spoiler
Crit version:
Avg kill time: 16s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 87%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJHVr1hIn4

Overall: Very easy fight, HP did not drop at all, killing speed was good.

RT version:
Avg kill time: 9s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 83%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KGd2bRwZU

Overall: Veary easy fight as well but must be carefull on Vaal's Slams - use granite or jump away or u might die, other then that HP didn't move much and kill speed was very good.

I'll call it a draw. RT version kills faster but must be carefull on Vaal's Slams due to the much lower HP pool.

RT version 2-1 Crit version

Round 3: Facetanking Apex Trio (regular Atziri)
Spoiler
Crit version:
Avg kill time: 20s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 50%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4ki_bzKgE

Overall: Relative easy fight if u remember to pop up granite flask everytime time it's available, it is also important to pop up granite AND ruby if facetanking duelist as a last remaining boss, killing speed was very good.

RT version:
Avg kill time: 16s
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 50%
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMpyBVPxIEo

Overall: Relative easy fight, granite flask is a must have all the time if it's available, killing speed was very good. There's one problem with Trio and RT version - with 0 life regen chaos degeneration from Cycloner is deadly - it must be avoided at all cost. Also any bleeding with Trio requires fast "Remove bleeding" flask pop up.

Because Crit version is more comfortable during this fight with greater life pool and 300 life regen / s for degeneration effects it wins this round.

RT version 2-2 Crit version

Round 4: Facetanking regular Atziri
Spoiler
Crit version:
Avg kill time: 59s
Lowest HP noted during split phase facetanking: 58%
Lowest HP noted during the fight: 7% (forgot to use Topaz on her Storm Calls)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbErdbzGvxg

Overall: Fight that requires proper flask usage on everything that rises below your feet and jumping out from quad vaal flameblasts. Split phase is a joke. If flask will be up when u need them nothing bad will happen. Feels comfortable.

RT version:
Kill times: 43s life leech and 34s Iron Will
Lowest HP noted during split phase facetanking: 30%
Lowest HP noted during the fight: Dead (Topaz flask was not available when I needed it)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4xbH82NvY

Overall: Fight that feels uncomfortable. With Iron Will u will probably die on a split phase due to arc dmg reflect and other dmg stuff that is happening at a same time. Higher lvl Puritys than I had or Life leech is required for this fight with RT version. With life leech split phase was quite easy, HP dropped to like 30% several times but was quick up again. Kill time with Life leach was still excelent. The problem is with flasks availability. This fight requires perfect flask management or 2x Topaz flask in belt (single fire blasts can be tanked without ruby on).

Because Crit version is more comfortable during this fight with greater life pool for errors and flask that are pretty much allways available - it wins this round.

RT version 2-3 Crit version

Round 5: lvl 73 Strand clear speed
Spoiler
Crit version:
Avg clear time with less than 10 monsters left: 3:40s

RT version:
Avg clear time with less than 10 monsters left: 3:58s

Crit version wins - it has better AOE for clearing packs and what is more important - more movement speed thanks to Devoto's but they're preetty close.

RT version 2-4 Crit version

I'll add more if I'll have time. I want to do Gorge speed run and lvl 76 Residence Dominus facetanking.

---------------------------------
Overall conclusion so far:

Both builds are very good. RT version to my suprise has better dmg output while Bossing. It also feels more reliable due to the 100% hit chance. But because of 0 life regen /s it is vulnerable to damage over time effects such as chaos dmg or corrupting blood and forces you to react quickly. At least 20% chaos resist on gear is required. It also requires more HP pool than currently has. Because of those two things there're to many "o shit" moments right now to be fully comfortable with it. I will lvl it up further and maybe drop a little bit of dmg to add more life. I might redo some tests after that. It feels like it have a potential to be a better build than a crit version but currently it is not.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Aug 28, 2015, 10:10:44 AM
Sky, you will see a large difference in hp from 80 to 90 because 80 to 90 is when you grab all the hp nodes. But seriously, you should have around 4k right now. None of your gear has tier one life. Do not use Rainbowstrides, they don't help at all. Get some tier 1 life on boots, ring, gloves, and belt. this means 80 ish life each, not 40.

Xiao, regarding Phase + Acro, the reason I don't go all the way over there is because Acro interferes with our armor. It decreases our armor in a multiplicative manner (divides) and seriously reduces our armor. Although we cannot evade attacks, we don't need to have to dodge them. The build was meant for tanking and we end up losing an insane amount of nodes going all the way over there. It also interferes with our spell block that we get from Saffells Frame + Rumi's (if you choose to use Rumi's for max spell block). You can try it see if you like it, but I highly suggest not going there. Too much investment and it just makes our build less tanky.
Last edited by Chatframe on Aug 28, 2015, 10:39:37 AM
Rico, I don't understand how your stats were so low for the RT variant. Maybe it's just because you don't have the best gear you can get our a full skill tree or something, but in the super end game, RT scales past crit. I can see how Crit is better around lv 85 (though it was not for me), but RT easily passes Crit by level 90. I noticed you had 4/4 charges for RT, while I have 5/5 charges from Intuitive Leap -> double charges + bandits + belt. I guess that's just another example of having the best gear and jewels. My RT has 70k armor without flasks (70%) much more resistances than yours and a fairly higher attack speed. Again, I'm sure its just because of my gear compared to yours (including Intuitive Leap) and level. I'd recommend waiting until you have max gear for both builds and then compare, just like I did. You will see a pretty large difference. I'll post my in game stats once I level up one more time (Barbarism) so that you can see my actual stats without flasks.
Thanks for your reply! I'll make a new shopping list now! Again, this RT version is amazing.

"
Sky, you will see a large difference in hp from 80 to 90 because 80 to 90 is when you grab all the hp nodes. But seriously, you should have around 4k right now. None of your gear has tier one life. Do not use Rainbowstrides, they don't help at all. Get some tier 1 life on boots, ring, gloves, and belt. this means 80 ish life each, not 40.

Xiao, regarding Phase + Acro, the reason I don't go all the way over there is because Acro interferes with our armor. It decreases our armor in a multiplicative manner (divides) and seriously reduces our armor. Although we cannot evade attacks, we don't need to have to dodge them. The build was meant for tanking and we end up losing an insane amount of nodes going all the way over there. It also interferes with our spell block that we get from Saffells Frame + Rumi's (if you choose to use Rumi's for max spell block). You can try it see if you like it, but I highly suggest not going there. Too much investment and it just makes our build less tanky.
Thx for reply Dimensi0n. I'll lvl it up to 89-90, grab lvl 21 puritys (just bough light one, need only fire). At lvl 89-90 I should reach 4,5k life, ~70% phys dmg reduction no flasks (with Soul of Steal) and 87/86 fire/light res. Next step - legacy Saffells to push resists to 88/87 and 80 cold. Than I'll stress test it again :)

The only thing I cannot figure out is aps difference - molten aps me: 4.95, you: 5.5 and I also use 12% attack speed gloves (wtf? jevels? and yes I took 8% quest reward).

Edit: My jools right now:

Edit 2: Regarding charges I fuc*ed up quest reward - took endu instead of power, need to respec that because +2 endu will come from tree + belt and +2 power from tree and quest. But that's what I'll do last after getting my hands on intuitive leap.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Aug 28, 2015, 1:55:02 PM
These get me up to 5.49 APS:
Last edited by Chatframe on Sep 4, 2015, 3:56:33 PM
Only thing i can say ricokgb is if your doing a trial on the crit version you really have to use magnate since that has been the basis of life based crit mjolner for at least the last 2 patches. Also crit version should be able to run of mana with one +2 mana on hit jewel allowing you to use fortify (you would need a lvl 3 enlighten).
Awesome build.I really liked it.Read through all ur comments which clarified a lot of my confusion since this is my first mjolner build.thnks fr that. May be if i do uber ,i wld need your setup,but for normal mapping,i changed it a bit and went marauder.I refered to ur tree and the crit armour build u linked in your post,and thn made my own tree.I went with RT too as i aggree to what u said.Its a lot better with kingsguard .I took a bit more damage and aoe.and got 5k life 70%phy dmg reduction on granite up.I get 85,79,86 all resist with auras (not as high as urs) but is good enough fr mapping end maps.
Used 2 intuitive leap jewels in witch and templar area to take notables.and I run Wrath,PoF and PoL.I can drop wrath to grace if need be,but atm i dont think i need it.
I didnt take vaal pact so that i can take regen nodes and run blood rage for that extra ats (20% for a 20/20 br,if i am correct.).

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_FCAaPu8OfLhQRyku8axXDZZskc677fjrFHHqGPPdDjx2rPcyaGU6Us9-cql82byfhmCsqhiRYVI26Fnz704B51ivcg9eE6cwqW5xhZRvZp5AoJLQn8t348AaVylmVPrSeu8hYBLhAdxvO0bXhXsdFBcvBS108YTZ7DiPRmTnKaVHfoKbm6FV1r02mjv314CkZU2f3-084XOsmL6n73zVpqIAEQ86WPAfBLM7DVXGaPLAZu_rhtEnC4O2

Gear

Last edited by chinu2050 on Aug 31, 2015, 3:18:17 AM
Looks great :) I love seeing people making their own mjolner variants

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info