[2.2] (Updated) Dkodr's HS/GS Stun Guide

Hi, Dkodr! I have a question. What if taking Essence Sap in Duelist area (mana leech passives) instead of taking Unrelenting (reduced mana cost passives). Would it be more profitable 4 using GS/HS ignoring looking at mana bar at all. Correct me if wrong please. Thx 4 answer.
"
Andronicus91 wrote:
Hi, Dkodr! I have a question. What if taking Essence Sap in Duelist area (mana leech passives) instead of taking Unrelenting (reduced mana cost passives). Would it be more profitable 4 using GS/HS ignoring looking at mana bar at all. Correct me if wrong please. Thx 4 answer.

I am not sure how that would work as I have not tested it, therefor I can not give a definite answer.
We loose 18% incr. max life and need to spend 1 more passive node to get it. Then other factors may affect the end result; amount of mana on gear, amount of mana leech on gear, mana modifiers on jewels etc... At first sight it doesn't seem better, but I may be wrong as. Feel free to test it and post the results, anything that will improve/enhance the build is welcome.
In my experience about 0,4% mana leech will be enough to sustain attacks under normal circumstances,
as it is very easy to obtain with master crafting it on gloves, I think it is the overall best solution.
If you are running out of mana all the time and it is a problem then ofc feel free to look for other alternatives than what I have posted, I can only talk for myself and the gear / setup I am running, other characters may need different tweaks to work optimal.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Sep 2, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Andronicus91 wrote:

I am not sure how that would work as I have not tested it, therefor I can not give a definite answer.
We loose 18% incr. max life and need to spend 1 more passive node to get it. Then other factors may affect the end result; amount of mana on gear, amount of mana leech on gear, mana modifiers on jewels etc... At first sight it doesn't seem better, but I may be wrong as. Feel free to test it and post the results, anything that will improve/enhance the build is welcome.
In my experience about 0,4% mana leech will be enough to sustain attacks under normal circumstances,
as it is very easy to obtain with master crafting it on gloves, I think it is the overall best solution.
If you are running out of mana all the time and it is a problem then ofc feel free to look for other alternatives than what I have posted, I can only talk for myself and the gear / setup I am running, other characters may need different tweaks to work optimal.

Have to agree with Dkodr here. Giving up 18% life and needing 1 more pt to use the wheel isnt worth the investment when .35% mana leech on gloves seems to be enough to sustain on normal maps. Swap in BM gem for low regen maps, and if you need to use a mana leech jewel to cover until you can get it on your gloves. Unrelenting drops the mana cost on 6L GS to 40 mana and with the leech on gloves it is easy to sustain and I never have mana issues myself.
Order of the Raven | Guild Leader | IGN:HoneySiphon | GMT -5

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/813491/page/1
You should spec out of one of the 15% physical damage with maces nodes in the Skull Cracking wheel and trade it for the other marauder start node, which is 16% increased melee phys damage and +16 life.
Last edited by themastercheif on Sep 9, 2015, 1:08:54 AM
"
You should spec out of one of the 15% physical damage with maces nodes in the Skull Cracking wheel and trade it for the other marauder start node, which is 16% increased melee phys damage and +16 life.
Y\That's part of the recent change in a patch about 1 week ago, I know yes.
I have respecced my marauder into a Vaccum Cyclone build now, I don't play the setup in this thread any more.
Man, first off i just wanna thank you for this thread. I absolutely love this build. By far the most versatile and fun build ive tried in ages. The defence from the stun is crazy, every map boss is a breeze. I made the build on warbands with a 20 ex investment and am pretty happy with all my gear atm except the amy and belt:

(warbands=cheap man's land ;p)

For mapping I like to use a 4L vaal groundslam setup, makes life a lot easier and gives you that "one shot a room and move on" mechanic you'd otherwise not have.
For atziri i switch this out on for the last fight, to get fortify on my leap slam, or switch mele phys on my gs for it, both work. The VGS is supprisingly usefull in trio, if your gs goesnt 100% stunlock them just yet.
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
Last edited by WarcryLegion on Sep 15, 2015, 12:40:56 AM
Any tips for doing this build in 1 month league? I really liked it at the end of warbands when I respecced into it. Worth doing in the 1 month league?

Hi, Dkodr, I wonder what I can improve in my build, I can switch to let it better.
PS: I'm having trouble with mana if I remove the two nodes of the tree mana (Mana Flows)
Thank you very much in advance!
And I'm sorry any mistakes because I had to use a translator.
Spoiler

Passives:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEswUtB3UJlgthDF8NzQ48FCAUTRRxGJEcpxzOITQhVScgK1As-zSOOQ46Ujs7PAU8LT38QKBBP0d-UEdR5lOlWGNeE18_YJFhUmVNZ1hnm2hlaPJr2XKpdO12rHdTeu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-GO4Zgh2qKIozPkGyUh5d5mAqexaIApzCpJ6mUrj6vbK-ntC-2pLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsS4xPbGrsbYz37V-Ni92Xzawdw93pbfsuRR5K3qGO8O707vfPAf8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_lQ=?accountName=black768&characterName=RachaCranio

Life - 5187
Armour - 6683 (40%) withour charges or flask
Resistences - Fire 76%; Cold 55% (67% w/ end. charge); ligth 71%
Endurence Charges: 3
Frenzy Charges: 4
Last edited by black768 on Nov 1, 2015, 2:16:22 PM
Hi thanks for the guide; I have a question. I recently got a better 2h mace which have 4 mods on it, unfortunately, it didn't come with reduced enemy stun threshold, but the good thing is, prefix and suffix is still available, so I can still craft whatever affix i want.

My question is: How important is redeuced enemy stun threshold on a weapon? is it mandatory to stun higher level bosses like palace dominos? Because if it is not a big deal. I'll probably just craft blood magic mod on it and I will have higher damage since I can get an extra gem, effectively giving me a 7-link weapon. But if it's mandatory, I will stick to it and just exalt the weapon hoping for another extra damage mod.
Last edited by digitalspenzrevolution on Nov 12, 2015, 8:08:30 PM
Updated skill tree to patch 2.2, build still works well and are even better with the Ascendancy nodes.
I made the build for my marauder, but now it may be better to do it with a Duelist/Slayer
because of the stun related nodes it get.
Last edited by Dkodr on May 17, 2016, 8:08:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info