The Emberwake Race Season Has Started!

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
How about we get the servers stable first, hmmm?

^This

How about you get things sorted first, I have died 5 times on level 88 in Warbands due to stutters and spikes. Thanks so much!

Besides, the race rewards are pretty crappy tbh.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Seems every post has some term or letters needing defining. What do u mean 'equipping a chest'?
"
gamer24 wrote:
Seems every post has some term or letters needing defining. What do u mean 'equipping a chest'?

Many people don't do that in the beginning because chestpieces slow you down, and the protection is neglectable.
Nice post to explain how racing works ! this might help many newer players I imagine
IGN: Megawipe
Racing is not for humans. :-) Not to mention that prizes are "meh" at most. I liked racing, but now it seems like a giant waste of time, and overblown "event" made by GGG, that in reality is no-life grinding, and needs level of "dedication" that can be actually called addiction.

Any newcomers thinking you can get Rathpide Globe by racing "casually":

YOU CAN'T

You have to attend 3/4 of these "races" and be at least decent in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM to get anything. You died in 10% of those 3/4 and got 0 points? Forget about getting anything!

Yes, I'm salty, because I used to race, but GGG changed racing, so anyone who has a job or anything else to do, than playing PoE 24/7 and planning their day according to their "race calendar" rather than anything else.

There is league to play in - go play that. It will actually give you some rewards for playing. (league specific items, challenges, etc.)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 24, 2015, 6:20:58 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Racing is not for humans. :-) Not to mention that prizes are "meh" at most.
Spoiler
I liked racing, but now it seems like a giant waste of time, and overblown "event" made by GGG, that in reality is no-life grinding, and needs level of "dedication" that can be actually called addiction.

YOU CAN'T

You have to attend 3/4 of these "races" and be at least decent in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM to get anything. You died in 10% of those 3/4 and got 0 points? Forget about getting anything!

Yes, I'm salty, because I used to race, but GGG changed racing, so anyone who has a job or anything else to do, than playing PoE 24/7 and planning their day according to their "race calendar" rather than anything else.

There is league to play in - go play that. It will actually give you some rewards for playing. (league specific items, challenges, etc.)

i don't race for some of the reasons above and because i suck at racing.

but i would never recommend others not to try their luck and test their skills.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Racing is not for humans. :-) Not to mention that prizes are "meh" at most.
Spoiler
I liked racing, but now it seems like a giant waste of time, and overblown "event" made by GGG, that in reality is no-life grinding, and needs level of "dedication" that can be actually called addiction.

YOU CAN'T

i don't race for some of the reasons above and because i suck at racing.

but i would never recommend others not to try their luck and test their skills.

Might as well test their luck and skill at Tempest. :-P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
the tips are fine
however, the "after-race" is missing some crucial stats to make it all more fun,
like i already posted in the emberwake 001:

*my position both relative to all and relative to class
*list of players by class near my position
*total amount of players in the race by all and by class

yes, please! waiting for this for a while
and if you want to check the "forum-ladder" afterwards, the race already disappeared from the list, would be helpful to delete the link half an hour later.

Nice help for beginners, but I am surprised that you promote the "logoff-to-safe-scrolls", for me it was always kind of cheating. Still forget this "trick" sometimes.

Also, if you didn't race before, is totally ok to kill Brutus after 50-60 minutes. 30-40 is quite fast, you need to know the game well.

My best advice I can give (as a bad racer):
constantly tell yourself: RUN! RUN! RUUUUUUNNNN!!!

compare these boots with the old ones... maybe they... no! RUUUNNN! ;)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Last edited by Wraeklops on Jul 24, 2015, 9:14:28 AM
"
Wraeklops wrote:

yes, please! waiting for this for a while
and if you want to check the "forum-ladder" afterwards, the race already disappeared from the list, would be helpful to delete the link half an hour later.

If you use this link you can quickly jump to any event's forum post. The completed races are grey out, but the links still work.
huh, really? I was talking about that page, links were gone after the race, last year.

so... thanks GGG :)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info