Summoner talk/questions

So...first, let me say that this is my first time trying a summoner(still relatively new to the game...a few weeks) and it may be my most enjoyable build so far. Love it.

I have a few questions:

1. Since minion damage is scaled soley on passives and the gem level (and any +minion damage on gear), is it safe to ignore any and all stats that are on gear outside of defensive? Example: If I have the choice between a dagger that provides +20 spell damage or a dagger that provides + 20 lightning resistance, should I just go for the +20 lightning resistance? I.E. Since my minion dmg is not determined by any +spell dmg/+phys damage/+elemental damage, should I not even care about increasing those stats and really just worry about defensive stats and survivability when choosing upgrades/

2. Since my cast speed is low at the moment, I have linked SRS to a spell totem while I keep skelles up and cast incinerate for a little more dmg. Is this the recommended playstyle until I get my cast speed up(with spell echo) so I can get more than 5 or 6 SRS at a time?

3. Do the 'minion damage returned as life leech' nodes return life to you or the minion?

4. What do you do for some AOE? Minions are fantastic for single target and boss fights when they are able to gang up on the boss...but AOE...eh. Slows up a bit. Thoughts?

5. How are summoner builds on fights like Dominus, A4 Corrupted Piety, Malachai where there are a ton of adds and a ton of badfloor/lazer beam one shot mechanics? Do the minions ever prioritize the boss to burn him down instead of attacking the 20 adds on the screen? How do you handle that? And does it become a pain to re-summon everything(if you can) when Corrupted Piety fires her lazer beam off...

Thanks guys! Love watching my minions wreck house while I worry about movement and staying alive. Merveil and Vaal were complete jokes and killed them in record time(for me) with the summoner build. Lovely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info