Is it worth to play path of exile in cruel and merciless difficulty

"
Nasreth wrote:
Personally I find the end game (level 68 and beyond) to be the most enjoyable part of PoE. My build really starts to come together once I have better gear and passives. In normal my character generally feels clunky and I can't use a lot of the stuff I want. Plus the endgame content of maps is just really fun, and trading and improving your character is another interesting aspect of the game.

Can i add you on steam , i think i need some help with my character , can you check it out please.
And dont forget the variation.

You have dozens of different maps which themself require different tactics.
So it will never get boring like farming Harvest all day and night;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Fate_comes wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
Personally I find the end game (level 68 and beyond) to be the most enjoyable part of PoE. My build really starts to come together once I have better gear and passives. In normal my character generally feels clunky and I can't use a lot of the stuff I want. Plus the endgame content of maps is just really fun, and trading and improving your character is another interesting aspect of the game.

Can i add you on steam , i think i need some help with my character , can you check it out please.

Sure! Feel free to toss me an invite. I believe my character name is Nasreth7, though it's been a long time since I logged in conventionally so I'm not certain.

I just glanced through your passive tree and gear, you look like you've picked up a lot of really good nodes and you definitely haven't messed up your character yet. The lightning damage you grabbed on the right side is great for an arc or a ball lightning build if you want to give that a try. Otherwise you might want to respec out of those passive nodes for something more generalist.

Your gear is really lacking in resistances right now. It's very important that you stack resistance to elements on your gear, because they're not very efficient to grab in the passive tree where you want to be getting health, utility, and damage instead. For cruel try your best to cap your cold resistances before the Merveil boss, and then work on your lightning and fire resistances in act 2. You can open your character screen with the C button to see what your defensive stats look like. Merciless and Cruel mode apply a flat reduction to all your resistances, so you need to get a lot more than you think!

Running a life-based build means you're going to need a fair amount of chaos resistance as well. Fortunately chaos damage isn't tuned as highly as the other elements, so if you can get it to a positive number you should be fine since chaos isn't a common damage type either.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Jul 23, 2015, 1:15:42 PM
Completing normal is like doing the intro tutorial, dude. You havent even tried the game yet.
"
Nasreth wrote:
"
Fate_comes wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

Sure! Feel free to toss me an invite. I believe my character name is Nasreth7, though it's been a long time since I logged in conventionally so I'm not certain.

I just glanced through your passive tree and gear, you look like you've picked up a lot of really good nodes and you definitely haven't messed up your character yet. The lightning damage you grabbed on the right side is great for an arc or a ball lightning build if you want to give that a try. Otherwise you might want to respec out of those passive nodes for something more generalist.

Your gear is really lacking in resistances right now. It's very important that you stack resistance to elements on your gear, because they're not very efficient to grab in the passive tree where you want to be getting health, utility, and damage instead. For cruel try your best to cap your cold resistances before the Merveil boss, and then work on your lightning and fire resistances in act 2. You can open your character screen with the C button to see what your defensive stats look like. Merciless and Cruel mode apply a flat reduction to all your resistances, so you need to get a lot more than you think!

Running a life-based build means you're going to need a fair amount of chaos resistance as well. Fortunately chaos damage isn't tuned as highly as the other elements, so if you can get it to a positive number you should be fine since chaos isn't a common damage type either.

Thanks , can you give me your steam id?
The game get's exponentially more complex the higher you go in both levels and difficulty.

It's up to you if that's your thing and if you wish to dedicate time to it.

Your char looks alright, but if your going to go for cruel i would definitely recommend taking the life cluster at the top of the witch and perhaps traveling to either shadow/templar area to grab the life% nodes.

You will also have to max out your resistances if at all possible. Arguable, since your a caster you can run around with a little bit under-cap if you play smart and utilize your ranged advantage, but in boss rooms this will probably not be possible at all times.

A trick i utilize a lot, is to keep a ring of each kind in my inventory (cold/fire/light resis) if i have "crap gear" and then swap those in for certain boss-fights.(some bosses only utilize a single element)

Arc is a very good starting ability for a new player, so kuddo's to you for picking a solid skill and having a reasonable passive tree on your first char.

Enjoy the journey exile.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i forgot to mention, some items like unique's only become available at higher levels and some items can be real game-changers and have a profound effect on a build. So if your looking for that additional bit of motivation to push for end-game, maybe you should visit the "path of exile gamepedia" web-site and browse some unique items there to see if your interested.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 24, 2015, 2:37:04 AM
imo the fun starts at "mapping"

thats the point where you know if your build is viable or not...

i like to experiment new builds :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info