Is it worth to play path of exile in cruel and merciless difficulty

I completed this game on normal difficulty , currently i am level 41 i was wondering is it worth to play this game on next difficulties.I know that map system will get unlocked in merciless difficulty , but still i want to be sure that its worth.
Objectively speaking cruel difficulty is fine, not that hard for casual player. Try cruel if you want, if you find cruel act 4 too hard then don't bother trying merciless, especially act 4 merciless. The only way to survive act 4 merciless is to either group up with some OP people or buy OP crafted hand-me-downs from poe.trade. Using self-found garbage on merciless difficulty is like going to the Iraq war equipped with a toy gun bought in Dollarama.
Yep , the game have alot of content in merciless difficulty x)
"
marcio1994 wrote:
Yep , the game have alot of content in merciless difficulty x)

Can you please explain what type of content
Depends on what it means "worth" to you.

The questline is exactly the same in all three difficulties, they are just more punishing. Maps are kinda new content, but still everything there is made out of quest content (tilesets, bosses, etc..). The game becomes really punishing in maps.

Imo the goal in these games is to push your char as far as you can go, until you defeat most of the content. So, yeah, its worth it (but your goals might differ). Be prepared for a lot of grind, tho, a fvkin lot!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Just a heads up if you decide to go to merc and unlock maps, you will severely disappointed once you hit a certain lvl as maps stop dropping and your progression will slow to a crawl because you will be high 80's and be jammed into low 70's maps.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
"
morbo wrote:
Depends on what it means "worth" to you.

The questline is exactly the same in all three difficulties, they are just more punishing. Maps are kinda new content, but still everything there is made out of quest content (tilesets, bosses, etc..). The game becomes really punishing in maps.

Imo the goal in these games is to push your char as far as you can go, until you defeat most of the content. So, yeah, its worth it (but your goals might differ). Be prepared for a lot of grind, tho, a fvkin lot!

I mean i played diablo 3 level 70 character , there were rift which a player can do after bearing the full content but i am not about this :P
Currently Maps are considered as endgame content and start at level 68.

That seems not much but you can change the map modifiers in a way so you can take the max 'profit' out of them.

Example of usefull modifiers:
+more magic monsters(more exp = faster leveling)
+more rare monsters( more exp = faster leveling)
+more item quantity (more item and currency drop)
+more item quality (more magic,rare, uniques drop)

Aditionally each map has a chance to drop another map (+2 from slayed rare mobs) so you can sustain atleast your low level map 'flow'.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Currently Maps are considered as endgame content and start at level 68.

That seems not much but you can change the map modifiers in a way so you can take the max 'profit' out of them.

Example of usefull modifiers:
+more magic monsters(more exp = faster leveling)
+more rare monsters( more exp = faster leveling)
+more item quantity (more item and currency drop)
+more item quality (more magic,rare, uniques drop)

Aditionally each map has a chance to drop another map (+2 from slayed rare mobs) so you can sustain atleast your low level map 'flow'.

Ok man thanks , do you still play POE?
Personally I find the end game (level 68 and beyond) to be the most enjoyable part of PoE. My build really starts to come together once I have better gear and passives. In normal my character generally feels clunky and I can't use a lot of the stuff I want. Plus the endgame content of maps is just really fun, and trading and improving your character is another interesting aspect of the game.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info