What am I doing wrong?

So it goes like this: I play since OB and I also play only one charachter, a marauder.
The problem is that even after a few respecs I don't feel that my build is ok, so here is where i must be doing something wrong. That's why I need your help.

I do not want to run a cyclone build!

My attacks are: Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Added Fire-Melee Phys-BM-IIQ (Fortify instead of Added fire for elemental reflect maps)
Double strike-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Melee Phys-BM-IIQ

Auras: Alpha's-Enlighten (2)-Grace-Determination

All gems are either lvl20 or20/21-21

The items:
Spoiler

I use the armour piece for what I described above, the EV one just dropped, I've 6s it and 5L, I'm thinking of crafting 25-30% fire res on it and 6L it.
(In case of RMT and shit: yeah, I have 3 6L, all bought, for the mirrorred axe I've payed 1 legacy BoR and 10 or 11 ex, I only trade once in a while and ussually is to buy chissels/maps).

Skill Tree:

Because of ....something...I've stayed for the last year at lvl 85, like as soon as I get to 85,2 I must die to something. I only do maps under 70 (tropical, ledge, dunes, arid lake, shore - cause I can leap slam everything without de-sync), maps that I chissel to 20% and then alch.

So, please do give a bit of advice. What the fuck am I doing so wrong that I constantly die to lvl66-68 mobs?
Also, what whould I craft on the new EV chest and what can I run on it on my maraunder? (I do have the 3 skill points from act 4 that I haven't claimed yet).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the spelling.
"
feeder_animal wrote:
So, please do give a bit of advice. What the fuck am I doing so wrong that I constantly die to lvl66-68 mobs?

As far as I can see, armor is your only defense, and that won't cut it. Get those three extra endurance charges and soul of steel and you will see some results. It's a common misconception that endurance charges are an addon to armor, it's the other way around.

No life on chest, using Alpha on a build which isn't an aura stacker, why doryani belt on a non-caster? Why no resolute tech?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Frankly, I don't understand how endurance charges work...
Alpha is pre-2.0, had grace+determination+herald of ash in it+reduced mana
Belt for the damage and resists

What should I look for? I also have these:
Spoiler

As for why no Resolute Technique...can't say why I haven't took it.
Last edited by feeder_animal on Jul 23, 2015, 11:50:43 AM
Endurance charges give you physical damage reduction, the same stat you're getting when your armor score is compared to incoming damage. With armor, the harder the hit the less reduction you're getting, and charges always give you the same percentage, that's their main selling point.

You can get a lot of life on a belt, doryani belts are used for their non-attack leech, it's a waste on a physical attacker.

You want the usual on your gear pieces, high life rolls and resists, getting defenses from them is nice but not a priority. You got no locked slots on your char and are using iron reflexes, that means you can go for lightning coil and easily make up for the resist penalty.

Also, you got no move speed on boots, that's the most important stat you can get from them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for the explanation, it helps.
But why should I need move speed on my boots? It ain't like I'll leap slam faster or further and I only hop from place to place (causing damage at the same time), I never walk or run.
If you run HoA + grace and get mana leech on your gear, you should be able to swap out BM for fortify which should help you survivability a lot

Staying with you gear, if you can get the dex + int you pick up from versatility and quickness, you saves three skill point. Along with the three unclaimed ones, that gets you the three extra endurance charges
IGN: AmandaPalmer, DresdenDoll, The_Killing_Type, MurderVictim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info