Summoners are not dead

Today some guy made an offer on both of mine hybrid shields:

Spoiler
"

and asked for 50% discount. He told me that since summoners are dead i am gonna be lucky to sell my stuff at all, not even for the 50% of its worth.

Well, as an answer me and Grack have cleared dual bosses + 20 exiles Dark Forest and since i was playing a fs culler he pretty much carried me through the map. There was absolutely no change in the overall clear speed. The usual roflstomp.

Flame Sentinels (Spectre + Echo + Minion Damage + LMP/Slower Projectiles + Penetration + Faster Casting) are the new way to go. They have much better area coverage, because of high base es vaal discipline literally pulls them from the grave and THEY DO NOT HAVE A FUCKING MELEE MODE so they can not run straight to the boss to slap him for a miserable damage. Flame Sentinels are better than revenants in every possible way (YES THEY CAN ATTACK UPHILL) except raw damage.

Ball Lightning/Arctic Breath are the best spells to apply elemental equilibrium (i have cleared two maps on my summoner still applying wrong EE with firestorm and had no difficulties with it).

Conclusion is - if your build can not singlehandedly carry a full party now it does not mean that the build is DEAD. GGG made the right move by nerfing the darn spiders because they were harder than most bosses and could offscreen you easily. The real problem is they should have not made them so strong in the first place.

Ps. The only real problem with Sentinels is they fry potatoes
isn't the dark forest just a 75?
also that guy was a flipper trying take advantage of a meta shift . the revs could have seen only a slight nerf and you would probably get a few fellows like that trying to screw you over
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2015, 10:44:40 AM
flame sentinals are ugly and their spell animation aswell. so summoners are dead
A true summoner uses a prism guardian. auras ftw
you can only make so many auramancers until you go bananas and roll with a queens decree
I'm just glad my buddy won't be using the spiders anymore because they made the most annoying sounds... so infuriating having him hanging out in my hideout with those things chirping constantly lol.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info