Petition to un-nerf revenants

"
Vipermagi wrote:
The problem here is not that Stygian Revenants were fixed, it's that Raise Spectre isn't up to par with bullshit like Lightning Arrow and especially, as was mentioned, Raging Spirits.

^^ this

Boost Raise Spectre slightly to equalize the mob type nerf. It could bring a bit more flexibility to life of a Summoner.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Make a jewel that is like rain of splinters. it saves a socket which means more dps support
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
+1
Just great...

Right after classic summoners received a CHANCE for endgame (with good dmg and clear speed) you decided to destroy it.

You are too lazy to rework raise spectre gem, so you just keep nerfing the mobs without any thinking about classic summoner players.

This is not how this should be done GGG ....
IGN: Summonium
I don't usually agree with the way that GGG nerf/balance things but... This time, i'll have to 'agree' with them.
And by "Agree", i'm not necessarily saying that they did the right thing.

The fact is:

Revenants AS A MONSTER, were too dangerous for ANY players, including summoners, melees, rangers, casters, newbs, pros, no lifers, etc.

This change was intended to impact globally the players in terms of survivability, so IMHO, asking for revert this change only to benefit a small portion of the game, means that you guys are being a little selfish.

But i'm not trying to offend anyone here. You guys just need to be reasonable sometimes,

For Example:

I've never had problems with Revenants in Maps, neither in Merciless.
But that doesn't mean that other players DO NOT have problems with them. So i can't go against the people that are suffering and call them "weak" because they can't resist an over-tuned mob. (I'm not saying that you guys are doing it also, it's just an example.)

Another example:

GGG Increased the Life and Damage of enemies and that was a buff to summoners because you guys USE them.
But, in other hand, players who can't achieve a nice dps, or get A LOT of defense mechanics, can't do well against those 2.0 mobs.

You see that GGG buffed a small portion of the game (not that much, but they did).

So why don't you guys ask to revert this one too ? We (and by We, i mean Us, AND THE DEVELOPERS) need to start to think on the player base as a whole.

Supposing that Revenants were never powerful as they were, you guys wouldn't being asking to make them powerful right now.

You would just try to use it, see it's average spectre, and then think: "meh, another spectre, cool.".

I do agree that GGG could have tried to nerf it in some other ways that wouldn't impact summoners this much.

This is EXACTLY the same case with Leap Slam. They nerfed Leap Slam (from what i know) to prevent Froggies and Goats AND Poison Maws
to leap into you off-screen doesn't giving the player a chance to stand against it. They did it right. They Nerfed the range of the skill. Great ! But... They nerfed the ORIGINAL skill. Not an instanced version for mobs only. So THAT was a mistake like this one. Because now Leap Slam is useless. The thing that made Leap Slam original and efficient AND special, was its range. They did a good and a bad thing at the same time.

Laziness ? Who knows. I don't work with them, but this is what it seems to me. So in this particular point of view, i agree with you guys.

I know that your intention is NOT to be selfish, but the way you're asking for changing, is.
(at least that's what i'm seeing, please, correct if i'm wrong.)
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 23, 2015, 9:36:14 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
The Revenant Spectre was not overpowered, it just made classic summoners viable as a top tier build.

Thing is, the monster was overpowered, and Spectres happen to be relative to the monster.

---
If you need to use a monster far more powerful than others, just to make Raise Spectre viable... The problem here is not that Stygian Revenants were fixed, it's that Raise Spectre isn't up to par with bullshit like Lightning Arrow and especially, as was mentioned, Raging Spirits.

This....

We should not have to summon an act 3 evangalist or flame sentinel because act 4 mobs are not on par with the damage.

Summoners like to enjoy the new act 4 including something to summon that is viable.

Thought we had beta for this, not ruin people's spec wants there sorted after a couple of weeks in a league..

Deeply not impressed with GGG at all how they handle this. Feels like a lazy way out
"
hy219 wrote:
keep play and dont spend any $$$
thats how we nerf GGG

Since i kill slower i have less items to trade thus i need less stashtabs. TY GG FOR SAVING ME MONEY.

+1 to the topic btw.

€: Please nerf Flametotem & CoC builds aswell now. But give any build with more than 10-20% dmg loss a respec. Why was this content in open closed beta for so long?
Last edited by blablub6 on Jul 23, 2015, 10:06:42 AM
"
I don't usually agree with the way that GGG nerf/balance things but... This time, i'll have to 'agree' with them.
And by "Agree", i'm not necessarily saying that they did the right thing.

The fact is:

Revenants AS A MONSTER, were too dangerous for ANY players, including summoners, melees, rangers, casters, newbs, pros, no lifers, etc.

This change was intended to impact globally the players in terms of survivability, so IMHO, asking for revert this change only to benefit a small portion of the game, means that you guys are being a little selfish.

But i'm not trying to offend anyone here. You guys just need to be reasonable sometimes,

For Example:

I've never had problems with Revenants in Maps, neither in Merciless.
But that doesn't mean that other players DO NOT have problems with them. So i can't go against the people that are suffering and call them "weak" because they can't resist an over-tuned mob. (I'm not saying that you guys are doing it also, it's just an example.)

Another example:

GGG Increased the Life and Damage of enemies and that was a buff to summoners because you guys USE them.
But, in other hand, players who can't achieve a nice dps, or get A LOT of defense mechanics, can't do well against those 2.0 mobs.

You see that GGG buffed a small portion of the game (not that much, but they did).

So why don't you guys ask to revert this one too ? We (and by We, i mean Us, AND THE DEVELOPERS) need to start to think on the player base as a whole.

Supposing that Revenants were never powerful as they were, you guys wouldn't being asking to make them powerful right now.

You would just try to use it, see it's average spectre, and then think: "meh, another spectre, cool.".

I do agree that GGG could have tried to nerf it in some other ways that wouldn't impact summoners this much.

This is EXACTLY the same case with Leap Slam. They nerfed Leap Slam (from what i know) to prevent Froggies and Goats AND Poison Maws
to leap into you off-screen doesn't giving the player a chance to stand against it. They did it right. They Nerfed the range of the skill. Great ! But... They nerfed the ORIGINAL skill. Not an instanced version for mobs only. So THAT was a mistake like this one. Because now Leap Slam is useless. The thing that made Leap Slam original and efficient AND special, was its range. They did a good and a bad thing at the same time.

Laziness ? Who knows. I don't work with them, but this is what it seems to me. So in this particular point of view, i agree with you guys.

I know that your intention is NOT to be selfish, but the way you're asking for changing, is.
(at least that's what i'm seeing, please, correct if i'm wrong.)

If they hadnt done this 2 weeks into a new league, and rather in beta, or at the start of a league giving people a heads up then im sure most people wouldnt of spent 2 weeks lvling up gems and character that would become mediocre at best.

If tomorow they took cyclone and said it can only hit 2 times per second and we reduced its damage by 30% i think you would find people who spent all their time this leage lvling those gems and that charictor in the forums asking why their character is now so weak.

Leapslam change was not made 2 weeks into a new league so people knew exactly what to expect for the forseable future of the league.
First time I've enjoyed summoner in this game. Was looking forward to finally have a summon build that could let me play the same maps as my friends play. Just spent all of my currency on gearing for this build.

If the nerf wasn't meant to crush summoners with the big nerf hammer they should have changed raise specter to make the build viable with other monsters. Wich would have been awesome because being able to choose between multiple spectres would be way more fun.

Now I think I'm just going to go back to playing diablo 2 necromancer or something

+1 from me
I main a Level 93 summoner, and I don't really care... in fact, I expected it. GGG has made it clear that when spectres get too OP, they get hit with the nerf wagon. Happened before with the burning miscreants, and they were far better DPS than revenants. That's why I made a decision long ago to main zombies as my 6L and view spectres as a bonus.

The unerfed Revenant were good why they lasted... but they're still one of the better spectres. Will probably go back to getting Evangalists now, though. This change sucks more for those who mained spectres as their main DPS, though, so maybe I have no room to talk.

I understand where GGG is coming from here... they were problematic as monsters and everyone was complaining about how difficult they were / act 4 was. GGG tried to make people happy by nerfing the mob, and now has to deal with people complaining they nerfed their spectres. Wake up... GGG isn't going to make custom code to allow the spectres to behave differently than the base mob. Any long-term summoner knows that spectre efficiency is temporary and ideal spectres will change depending on balancing changes by GGG... it's simply inherent for what they are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info