Petition to un-nerf revenants

"
We've rebalanced the end of Act Four so that it's less deadly in Normal and Cruel difficulties. Merciless has been kept intentionally difficult because it's designed to be a challenging optional alternative to mid/low-tier maps.
Stygian Revenants now fire three lightning projectiles (down from five), and deal 30% less damage with them. Their revived minions now explode for 20% less damage. These monsters were extremely efficient at killing players. This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres.

> not nerfing merciless
> revenants get nerfed by 58%
> sweet sweet hypocrisy

Well, then bloody leave merciless revenants as they where. I'm not rerolling, respeccing and I'm not willing to just slog along with shittier specters while actually OP builds have twice the clearing speed. If you don't want me to play a summoner, just tell me, so I can move on and find another game.

Did GGG nerf specters because enough people complained about dying to them? Maybe they'll revert the changes if enough people complain about having their entire fucking spec ruined.

Let's find out.

+1 train, let's go!

(If you disagree, that's fine, but don't turn this into a discussion thread please, that's not what it's for, pretty please?)

Edit: Here's what SHOULD have happened by the way:

Step 1: Nerf revenants and adjust all other specters (or at least the commonly used ones)
- lower number of projectiles
- lower dmg
- calculate how much damage is lost for summoners and compensate accordingly

-> revenants now do as much damage as other specters (bring all specters in line with each other)

Step 2: Compensate for the nerf with a buff
- buff the damage of specters overall

-> Summoner have the same clearspeed as before, but can now choose between multiple specters.
-> Increase build diversity, while still nerfing the revenants' damage against players

Oh and one more thing:
"
This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres.

That would make me laugh, if I wasn't this pissed of. Like I said, you may not agree with what I'm saying, but you should still hold GGG to their word, like I'm trying to.

If the intention was to nerf revenant damage to protect players, why did GGG not buff specters overall?

This is a complete joke. Makes me think GGG is in over their head. Saying one thing while doing the opposite. It's the same feeling I get when I look at the act 4 bosses. Instead of multiple phases with 1 or 2 things to worry about, you just get everything at once, while also having almost no space to move around. Artificial Difficulty, is all I can think when looking at those boss fights. But I digress. This is about holding GGG to their word and not being satisfied with mediocre and poorly implemented changes.
Last edited by DieKao on Jul 23, 2015, 8:03:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nerfing Stygian Revenants was right, but why too much?
GGG give us more viable monsters to use or revert the change so we can atleast play summoners...
Now if we want, play comfortable we have to reroll to srs, I dont like this spec so I propably wont play anymore.
They were simply way to strong. Not as spectres perse, but certainly as monsters. A rare mob of this type in a high level map...ugh.

Maybe they can do something to soften the blow for summoners. However, if they were even nearly as strong as the monsters itself, everyone knew they would get nerfed. You simply can't have that imbalance. They would take away any choice of spectre and only leave this one at the top. With no competition. That's not how GGG runs.
+1
+1

"Stygian Revenants now fire three lightning projectiles (down from five), and deal 30% less damage with them. Their revived minions now explode for 20% less damage. These monsters were extremely efficient at killing players. This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres."

Do it like you meant it.
Last edited by verozo on Jul 23, 2015, 7:12:13 AM
"
DieKao wrote:
(If you disagree, that's fine, but don't turn this into a discussion thread please, that's not what it's for, pretty please?)

Could you remind me what forum you're posting in?

Revenents were over-tuned. They needed nerfed. I would have been satisfied with any one of the three nerfs they did, but I'll take it.

-1 to your 'no-discussion' petition. They can buff summoners some other way. Or not, doesn't really bother me how fast summoners clear.
Last edited by innervation on Jul 23, 2015, 7:07:46 AM
I would like to see this turning into a general "give summoners more love" thread.

I really like to play a classic summoner with lots of zombies, skells and specters. But these types of builds are not even competitive to other high-end chars/builds. So please GGG do something that this playstyle becomes a more viable option.

Nerfing specters again is definitively the wrong direction! So +1 from me.
God does not play dice.
[Albert Einstein]
Nerf Stygian Revenant as monster is fine, but a lot of people played spectre builds just becouse they could compare with other tier 1 builds. After nerf from tier 1 to tier shit is a "little" to much.
I dont want old OP revenant spectre to be back, I just want some viable monsters which can be use as spectre and do well, just that.
+1
Grtz Tostiii
keep play and dont spend any $$$
thats how we nerf GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info