Why is GGG so against people getting level 100?

That top .1% do it anyway and the rest of us can just be frustrated I guess. Seriously, can we not have maps go to level 90+ and just get hard as hell to run? Let them drop like candy, who cares? It would be SO MUCH better to have a challenge of building a strong enough character to be able to keep going instead of beating your head against diminishing returns with the map system we have.

Has anyone at GGG even played from 0-100 to see how much fun it is to get above 90 or so?
Doesn't matter of the .1% they will do it regardless of outcome like an example etup. No matter the amount of things they do; GGG's balance team seems to think fucking the drop rates will affect those who can do the 100 thing while screwing others but they don't really see through do that do they? No of course not for some reason they continue to stray into a direction that's... not very good

I question them I really do and it's frustrating because sometimes I really don't think they realize it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I think my maps in standard that went legacy are going to just sit waiting for a time I can run them without dropping back to the low 70s. I have no idea why they think having high level maps should be so hard.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Wont effect those who want it. Actually might be quicker than ever because you get more exp now.

They will just buy maps.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Wont effect those who want it. Actually might be quicker than ever because you get more exp now.

They will just buy maps.

While we get screwed over.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

They will just buy maps.

Exactly. Makes it more path of trading than ever. And I'm not saying the top guys aren't highly skilled at playing, I'm sure they are and I have nothing but respect for guys who can push all the way to the top. But when you're almost 20 levels higher than the maps you're running, the challenge shifts away from handling the content toward being resourceful enough to get the volume of maps you need to eek out that tiny bit of xp to keep advancing.

Just seems like a shitty way to regulate the game.
I think its funny as hell myself.... considering the #1 in Tempest is on pace to hit 100 faster than anyone else.. about 3 Weeks! In HC! I mean.. Now what? They gonna nerf map drops even more once that happens?

Oh let me guess.... Then they will make it where not only do you have to roll your maps insane and invest sac frags and chisels and alcs/chaos but then i guess next they will make it so the ONLY way to get maps to drop is to do all that while running in a group! Is that whats next? Hell im almost convinced its like that now... im about to the point of getting 5 other people together and roll some maps for us and see what the map drops look like then! If it works fuck it i guess thats what ill have to do but im gonna have to do something because doing maps from 70-72 is getting very old already... hell i run some of my 68s and 69s in between just to see something different!

And its all a faceroll... how the hell would i not be face rolling the maps ive been running for over 10 lvls? How would i not be getting bored of running the same maps that was fun 10 lvls ago and running them at lvl 85-86 still instead of moving to maps more suitable for my lvl? Hell even when i get a 74 or 75 i run it and get more 68-71s in return! I mean when you run a 75 and go kill the boss which is the only thing that drops +2 maps and it drops a 68... that kinda sucks man.. just a little bit! Atleast give me my map back or something close not back to the bottom map!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 23, 2015, 5:24:02 AM
Is this the official GGG position, that they nerfed map drops because beople reached 100 too fast, or is just something the community assumes?

Because I have other suspicions, like they want to force people more into party-trade. Nerf solo gameplay.

E:
If they wanted to only slow down the road to 100, they could have just nerfed XP gains / raise the leveling curve, not nerf map drops.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 23, 2015, 5:56:21 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
I think its funny as hell myself.... considering the #1 in Tempest is on pace to hit 100 faster than anyone else.. about 3 Weeks! In HC! I mean.. Now what?

Of course HC beats SC, as they're not corpse hopping their way through the game.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
lvl 100 is not a goal for me and never will be.
i map for items and not to lvl or get exp - chars planned out for lvl 85 or with 10-20points left.

the frustration comes from not getting the gear and grinding (guesss GGGs Name!). from 1-60 the lvls flow and you see the progression and it slows down drastically.

anyways, maps arent a big Problem, if you got a dedicated group running. I found some guys ingame i made friends with and we share daily zana and do map rotation on a friendship basis.
Sadly if you run 72+ maps (non rare) alone, you will run out of maps sooner or later...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info