[2.0] Kaom's Pledge - 7k Life + 10% Life Regen + 1.5k MoM - Incinerate Mega Tank

Welcome to my high life & mana pool Mind over Matter incinerate tank templar build.

The 'finished' level 90 tree we will achieve 215% increased life, ~11% life regen per second, 165% increased mana regeneration rate.

About the build
Spoiler

Current Stage of Build: Play Testing

Hardcore viable:
With minimal life and no flat mana rolls on gear, at level 75 you can expect to have at least 6k, with 1.2k mana unreserved for MoM elife.

Excels in team play:
A tank roll is one needed for any team and this build fills it perfectly. Since this build runs only 1 aura (clarity on blood magic) other player's auras benefit us greatly (anger, wrath, haste, determination, etc.).

Skill Synergies:
Rallying cry (mana regen and damage increase)
Warlord's Mark (life & mana leech with endurance charge generation)
Clarity on blood magic (level 17 clarity reserves 470 life)

Proposed Gear
Spoiler

Items Explained:
Pledge of Hands - Gives us a pseudo 6 link with the level 30 Spell Echo gem. Doubles our effective mana to increase our MoM mana pool. Excellent spell damage, a must have for the build. This is the only mandatory item.

Kaom's Heart - 500 flat life which scales massively through the life nodes taken in the tree. Increased fire damage is also a nice damage buff.
While Kaom's is BiS for our chest piece, it is not mandatory. Look for a high life (100+ flat life) rare armour chest if you want to replace it.

Cost of gear: 5L Pledge 6ex, gear in rares (self found) but probably totals to 3ex.
total build cost: 9-10ex

Prioritize Stats on Rare Gear:
Flat Life > Resistances > Cast speed > Spell damage > Flat Mana > Mana Regen > Intelligence > Dexterity > Armour > Trivial

Note: with my lackluster gear (self found, helm cost me 3c), i have 7k life with 1.5k unreserved mana.

Lavianga's Spirit
This flask is insane for the build, but i do not have one yet. If i get one, i will definitely be dropping clarity on blood magic, as it makes mana regen a non-issue.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lavianga%27s_Spirit

Gems
Spoiler

Incinerate + Iron Will + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles
+(for 6L take life leech or LMP)

The above support gems give the highest dps while minimizing the cost of incinerate (16 mana incin). Achieving a 0 mana cost incinerate is possible if you take 2x -8 elereon jewelry pieces.
Note there is no LMP nor GMP. In 2.0, shotgunning has been removed as a mechanic. Therefore, the damage incinerate would gain from lmp/gmp at close range has been removed. However, with faster projectiles, we gain exellent range on our incinerate and a nice spread, allowing for quick cleanup of trash mobs while still having enough damage for single target.

For bosses, one may consider removing faster projectiles for slower projectiles to receive the More multiplier. Take caution as this will put you within melee range of your enemy.

Cast when damage taken + Warlord's Mark + Chaos Golem + Molten Shell
Warlord's mark is huge, giving us both life and mana leech for our spells. This greatly increases our survivability.

Rallying Cry: basically a temporary clarity that gives us more damage. The more mana regen, the more sustainable of a tank we are.

The only aura will be Clarity on blood magic. a level 17 clarity reserves 470 life (with 7k life pool this only reserves 6% of our total life). This aura is not mandatory, i feel as if adding more mana regeneration makes MoM more powerful (and therefore gives us more resilience to damage, more so than 470 life would).

Proposed Tree

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOCPQJ9g3NES0UIBkuGjgaPhzOHwIfxycvJ-0pLitQK3gsnC2LMtE1kjpYOtg64TwtPQ9Bh0PIRUdFnUbXTeNPBFBHU1JVxlcNWfNboF8qXz9j_WjyakNtGXGFcg92rHrmfA58S3yDfLh8u331gpuDX4PMg9uD94UyjM-QVZZ0mjua4KIAplenVa2Nr6exQrc-wFTAZsQVxPbGrs9-1HzVpti92WHhc-vk6-7sOO087w7wH_Gs8kXzEfZI-ej-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=lDantonl&characterName=Dark_Oxidation

this build utilizes the unique jewel Clear Mind by having no reserved mana. This Jewel synergizes greatly with the Mind over Matter keystone by providing more mana regen on our already massive 1.4k mana reserve.

Currently Active Level 78 Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOCPQJ9g3NES0UIBkuGjgaPhzOHwIfxycvJ-0pLitQK3gsnC2LMtE1kjpYOtg64TwtPQ9Bh0PIRUdFnUbXTeNPBFBHU1JVxlcNWfNboF8qXz9j_WjyakNtGXGFcg92rHrmfA58S3yDfLh8u331gpuDX4PMg9uD94UyjM-QVZZ0mjua4KIAplenVa2Nr6exQrc-wFTAZsQVxPbGrs9-1HzVpti92WHhc-vk6-7sOO087w7wH_Gs8kXzEfZI-ej-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=lDantonl&characterName=Dark_Oxidation

this build utilizes the unique jewel Clear Mind by having no reserved mana. This Jewel synergizes greatly with the Mind over Matter keystone by providing more mana regen on our already massive 1.4k mana reserve.

Leveling the build
Spoiler

I leveled this build through torment league as just a regular incinerator. Simply play incinerate + spell echo + faster projectiles + Iron will (or faster casting if you've got the mana).

I was lucky enough to find a lightning coil for physical mitigation and went with 2 high spell damage wands. Auras were clarity (on life) and purity of lightning. I switched over to mind over matter in 2.0, but if i was leveling the build from scratch i would take MoM once i had at least 800 mana. If you can't get an early lightning coil, you can try cloak of flame for a similar effect or just take a good rare chest and use Arctic Armour instead of a purity.

As long as you have 75/75/75 resistances, and life on all your gear you should be fine until the 70s.

Make obtaining at least a 4 linked pledge of hands a priority over any other pieces of gear, this is where all our damage comes from.

The only time it makes sense to leave your mana unreserved is when you have access to the Clear Mind jewel.

2 Scary Map Mods to Avoid
Spoiler

Unfortunately, this build has a few map mod weaknesses.
1.) No Regen or 50% Regen
Avoid this mod like the plague. Alot of our sustain comes from our massive regeneration, so this mod is our kryptonite.

2.)Enemies cannot be cursed
Avoid this due to the fact that Warlord's mark has such insane synergy with this build, that without it we are much less tanky. This build has successfully solo completed 75+ maps with this mod, but it is a slow and careful process

That's about it! With our curses and regen we are effectively reflect immune and blood magic is a non issue.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Flasks are very important for the build, do not overlook them! Have at least 1 instant life/mana flask in your belt. With flasks this build can sustain serious damage and recover quickly. obviously, we need remove bleeding and freezing on flasks.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Oak or point
Point
Point

Videos
Spoiler

Necropolis double Mervail (lvl 77 map)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAA483J8vI&feature=youtu.be

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Sep 3, 2015, 10:04:08 AM
Reserved
Changed from Theory Craft stage into the Play Testing stage.

Added screenshot of life character in standard.
Updated CWDT setup and potentially cutting clarity from the main build.
Made some gear changes, will update with new screenshots soon.
Looks like a really fun build, would love to see some videos and tooltip dps with your current setup?
IGN: Jykkar
@gpoc
Yeah, once i've leveled the build to at least 80 i will be doing a full offense/defense screenshot. Then i'll try to record some harder maps with fraps.
Excellent idea, this build should be able to achieve very high DPS thanks to Pledge and an excellent tanking ability with the help of a massive life pool and MoM.

But I must say, sustaining the costs of a 6L or 7L Incinerate will be insanely hard, I'm eager to see how you solve that problem. Maybe some reduced mana cost combined with Elreon jewellry ? Or can you get enough mana regen to deal with this problem ?
In 1.2 there was a 'blood magic' map mod, making to spend life instead of mana. It was my favorite mod, because only on those maps i had no issue with mana.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ixthUA
Last edited by ixthUA on Jul 25, 2015, 12:55:36 PM
Small thing, but you have a 5% life & 6% armor node at the Marauder starting are unpicked while have 5% life nodes picked at the life circle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info